PDA

View Full Version : MONEY

Besimudo
12-21-2006, 01:09 AM
Yes,

Money and Banking ... Many of you might adopt a successful investment strategy involving marginal lending (or gearing as the financial wizards call it). With the War in Iraq outcomes, however, a more conservative cash position might be preferable.

Take these precautions when investing: A careful selection of a few investments having regard to their cheapness in relation to their probable actual and potential intrinsic value over a period of years ahead and in relation to alternative investments at the time; A balanced investment position, i.e. a variety of risks in spite of individual holdings being large, and if possible opposed risks (e.g. a holding of gold shares among other equities, since they are likely to move in opposite directions when there are general fluctuations).

I predict, given expectations (investing is gambling after all) that a recession is on the cards in 2012. This will be influenced by both prevailing government deficit spending and diminished returns on the exports side of the equation, and persistent stagflation, evident in all western economies. Given the concentration of mortgage equity funds, excessive taxation of the building sector, the tax creep and, the cost push inflationary pressures of oil ... governments will either inexplicably tolerate deficit spending into 2010, at the cost of monetary reform investment (LM) i.e. a Liquidity trap Or face the prospect of recession. It will be a battle of the investment sector Vs. the demands of the working class.

:choc: :choc: :choc:

Christmas
12-21-2006, 12:10 PM
I invest all my HATE on NANNY MANUS. :bigsmile:

And I am making a profit currently. :jess:

Cz
12-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Buy War Bonds.

Chemical
12-21-2006, 03:28 PM
I have a Retirement Savings Plan currently.
Otherwise I'm waiting until I have a full time job and am finished with school till I start looking into the stock and other investment opportunities.

I'll probably set up a Educational Savings Plan when/if I adopt.

Little Blue
12-21-2006, 04:45 PM
I like money.

:twocents:

Currently though I'm being very tight on my cash cos I'm living on student loans or I'll have no money at all...

blim
12-21-2006, 04:57 PM
I have a Retirement Savings Plan currently.
Otherwise I'm waiting until I have a full time job and am finished with school till I start looking into the stock and other investment opportunities.

I'll probably set up a Educational Savings Plan when/if I adopt.

Jesus, you have a retirement plan and you are still in school. I'm nearly thirty and still not thinking about retirement. Then again when i'm old and grey i'll be skint and working till i die and you'll be relaxing gin florida or some such

Chemical
12-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Well I'll certainly be gin :D

Yeah I have this weird fear of not having enough money for retirement so I started up saving now. There's a claus to where if I die before I can claim my monies it can be used towards my disposal. Hooray.

Savern Volaco
12-23-2006, 06:47 PM
MOney is for weak minded monkeysI say down with money start now with gold peices

Besimudo
01-08-2007, 01:09 AM
MOney is for weak minded monkeysI say down with money start now with gold peices

Gold was replaced in 1973 due to the OPEC collapse of the Bretton woods system. The gold standard is a relic from our barbarous past and reeks distinctly of blood and metallurgy - the souls of miners still haunt the gold.

Money gives us freedom to choose. Capitalism is the only system was the rulership is chaotically divide between rulers and common people.

Aristocracy, Feudalism and Communism have failed due to centralised power. Capitalism has visibly been with humans from the start when we controlled the land. After time rulers took it away and forced other humans into poverty. Now that capitalism is in full march, every human can exploit whatever they wish, whether it be cave-man bush meat or the most high-tech ham.

Capitalism is intimately tied with the physiocratic (land) school.

Cheers.

Shlup
01-08-2007, 01:24 AM
I have stock in a few different companies. It's working out well so far.

Kanshisha
01-08-2007, 01:33 AM
A plan is to put it in a bank and try and forget you card number until you really need the money..its a 1% chance of not saving money but also a 99% chance of forgetting your number...

Martyr
01-08-2007, 03:05 AM
1. You're probably going to have a lot of fun in EoEo.

2. South American Indians, I forget which ones, probably Mayans or Aztecs- Probably Mayans - have already predicted the end of the world in 2012, December 23, specifically, so you're a little slow here. We've known this for hundreds of years. How ironic that it's relevant now...

3. You want to know how to make money? Work hard and creatively. Most of the people I see who don't have a ton of money simply aren't working hard enough to make a lot of money. Sure they may work a lot, you know, maybe they work 16 hours a day at two different restaurants, but they ain't got their own business yet. They ain't promoted to management yet. And if they're old enough to be allowed to complain, then they're old enough to have known better than to have gotten that old without making money. Of course, there's a lot of exceptions, but I tend to ignore them and keep giving to charity to give my conscience a reprive.
America runs on capitalism. Nuff said.

Besimudo
01-08-2007, 03:12 AM
Yes, but the 2012 eschatological moment will be more sublime.

It could be that the Amazon it signed over. Myth is not explicit in how the world ends, but economists are expecting some major downturns around then.

the Aztecs predicted the end of the world the year Cortez arrived, but the world didn't really end in a scientific context .. but it did end for them!

We can only speculate. :)

Cheers