PDA

View Full Version : Getting multiple hits...

Setharion
12-21-2006, 05:49 AM
Is there a particular stat that can boost your chances for multiple hits on an enemy?

I just noticed Balthier with a pole hitting sometimes up to 5 times, but i didnt remember anything more than 2 or 3 times.

Is it the pole? Or is it something else i may of overlooked?

LazarCotoron
12-21-2006, 05:59 AM
Generally observations I've made...

2 Handed weapons typically like to go on rampages against enemies. I always get more and longer combos with the 2 handers.

Certain weapons themselves are prone to comboing-for instance, I'd never seen Lady Ashe really do meaningful combos until she just got her Diamond Sword-now she whips out 5 hit combos like it's no big thing, and all I can say is "...alright then!"

The poles typically seem to hit for 2-3 hits reliably, although I've seen Vaan go sick house psycho on something and pull off chained together six hitters.

Setharion
12-21-2006, 06:03 AM
ha, thats awesome. I guess its just random then, its sweet when it happens though thats for sure ;)

LazarCotoron
12-21-2006, 06:17 AM
If I were to guess, I'd say the Spd stat has something to do it with it. Basch in my party is always berserked (Attack and Speed up), and is the indisputed Combo King, followed by Vaan. Lady Ashe has really only been doing combos since I handed her the Diamond Sword, so I'm guessing it's more the weapon than her.

As I recall, Penelo likes to multi hit, and Balthier has a knack for it as well, though I've never seen Balthier go above a 3 hit.

Dell
12-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Ninja Sword and Pole (Sometimes Axe, Greatsword and Sword) always do multiple hit. I think Vitality have something to do with it. Balthier never really pass 4 hit in my data but he has the best speed. My Ashe have Pole equipped and she likes do more than one hit, same with Penelo (I give her Katana).

Masamune + Genji Gloves = Always do more than one hit.