PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast games

Roto13
12-21-2006, 06:51 AM
Pretty much just recommend me some. I don't like realistic racing games or sports games. I already have the following:

Blue Stinger
Gauntlet Legends
NHL 2K
Power Stone
Rayman 2
Slave Zero
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur
Virtua Fighter 3tb
WWF Royal Rumble

Two of those came with my Dreamcast. :P Pretty pitiful. More!

RiseToFall
12-21-2006, 06:53 AM
No Shenmue or Skies of Arcadia.:eek:

Edit: Dreamcast has some of the best 2D fighters, don't know if you like them though.

LunarWeaver
12-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Resident Evil: Code Veronica :jess:. I'm going to nag you about it until you get it, Dr. Roto.

Madame Adequate
12-21-2006, 07:01 AM

Got a DC just for those.

Srsly Roto get those games. SoA is one of the best RPGs ever and Shenmue... well... if you don't know why that game is superlative, you'll just have to trust me and get it and find out.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-21-2006, 07:05 AM
Jet Grind Radio (http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/jetsetradio/jetsetradio.htm).

Endless
12-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Shenmue, Shenmue 2
Grandia 2
Skies of Arcadia
Ikaruga
Power Stone 2
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Sonic Adventure 2
Chu Chu Rocket
Samba de Amigo
Crazy Taxi 2
Jet Grind Radio
Puyo Puyo Fever
And if you know Japanese, Sakura Taisen games.

Dreddz
12-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Phantasy Star Online
Headhunter
Gradia II
Rez
House of the dead 2
Typing of the dead 2
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
Jet Set Radio
Shenmue ( no excuses, you should have this game )
Sonic Adventure
Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Mirage
12-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Dead of Alive 2 :p.

Polnareff
12-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Let's see...

Project Justice
Cannon Spike
Mars Matrix
Grandia II
Power Stone 2
Dynamite Cop
Skies of Arcadia
King of Fighters Evolution

Dreddz
12-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Project Justice

Knew I forgot something....

Roto13
12-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Resident Evil: Code Veronica :jess:. I'm going to nag you about it until you get it, Dr. Roto.

>_>

Got a DC just for those.

Srsly Roto get those games. SoA is one of the best RPGs ever and Shenmue... well... if you don't know why that game is superlative, you'll just have to trust me and get it and find out.

Actually, I already have Skies of Arcadia Legends for Game Cube, so bonus points. :D

Yes, 2D fighters. Someone threw a copy of Street Fighter III Third Strike at me this morning. I do love 2D fighters but I have so very few of them. I've always wanted to try Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

Shoeberto
12-21-2006, 03:58 PM
JGR was going to be my only suggestion, really. It's worth a Dreamcast on its own.

Slothy
12-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Ikaruga
RE: Code Veronica
Crazy Taxi
Power Stone 2

I'd recommend avoiding Sonic Adventure 2 though. Even if you liked the first one (as I did).

Roto13
12-21-2006, 04:30 PM
I have Sonic Adventure 2 battle and I like it just fine, thanks. ;P I also have Ikaruga for Game Cube, so I won't be bothering with that a second time. Is Jet Grind Radio better than Jet Set Radio Future? Because I played that for a while and I wasn't all that impressed.

Polnareff
12-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Yes, 2D fighters. Someone threw a copy of Street Fighter III Third Strike at me this morning. I do love 2D fighters but I have so very few of them. I've always wanted to try Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Yes, Third Strike on DC is great. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on DC is much better than the PS2/Xbox versions, so get it on DC if you can and avoid the other ports.

Oh, and get Tech Romancer too. Greatest mech fighting game ever. It even beats Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram (which is also on DC and is a great game).

Get Plasma Sword but only if it's really cheap (like maybe 8 bucks). Seaman is good, but it's difficult to find it with the microphone.

Dreddz
12-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Dont forget Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves.

XxSephirothxX
12-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Super Puzzle Fighter 2
Capcom Vs. SNK 2
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Ikaruga
Powerstone 2
Soul Calibur
Street Fighter Alpha III
Crazy Taxi

You can find almost all of those easily on the internet. I did, anyway. I never could get Street Fighter Alpha III to work right, though. Take a look around for the DC Fighters 3 Pack--it has Capcom vs. SNK 2, Third Strike, and Marvel vs. Capcom on one disc. Torrent them, burn them to CDs, and play 'em.

Roto13
12-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Piracy is wrong. ;o

XxSephirothxX
12-21-2006, 08:27 PM
It's not like Sega is really seeing any profits from the used games for a dead system you manage to pick up at EB or some such place. :p

Eiko Guy
12-21-2006, 11:46 PM
grandia 2 if you don't like it you can send it to me^-^

Erdrick Holmes
12-21-2006, 11:55 PM
King of Fighters 2000, 2002, Evolution
Capcom VS SNK 1 and 2
Shenmue 1 and 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter III Third Strike
Tech Romancer (THE most underrated fighting game ever made)
Guilty Gear X
Plasma Sword
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Spider Man

Roto13
12-22-2006, 01:43 AM
I started off with Spider-Man, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike. I'm, er, acquiring Shenmue 1 and 2 and Space Channel 5 at the moment. (This isn't the end of it, though. ;))

EDIT: Why is Space Channel 5 so hard? T_T

Polnareff
12-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Roto, can you read Japanese at all? Because I have a list of imports to suggest, and a few of them require at least some tiny bit of knowledge about Japanese to effectively play.

Oh, and I didn't mention Mark of the Wolves because it's not completely arcade perfect on DC. That, and the sound triggers are way off (do Rock's Deadly Rave and see what I mean). But if you don't care about that stuff, solid purchase all the way. I prefer the PS2 version myself.

And avoid MvC 1 on DC as well. Arcade perfect, but the controls aren't very responsive. Vampire Chronicle is another fighting game that you can import as well.

KentaRawr!
12-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Toy Commander is certainly very good, and so is Street Fighter Alpha 3. I'd recommend both of them.

Roto13
12-22-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't know any Japanese at all, so anything that requires me to... read... isn't going to work, unfortunately. :P

Street Fighter Alpha 3. I have the PS1 version, but I guess the Dreamcast version would be better. :P

I Am Stoner
12-22-2006, 03:30 PM
If you want a really good action RPG then get Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 They are both massive games with loads of quests to do and the online play is amazing with other guys, its great, but the single player quests are good also. I advice you get it.

KentaRawr!
12-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Sadly, above poster, only PSO EP 1 was on the DC, even though traces of EP 2 were in V2. Because of this, the GCN Version is more recommendable than the DC version. :(

I Am Stoner
12-22-2006, 03:44 PM
I know that, don't worry.:) I have played it on the GC anyway and its wierd, the controls are so complicated and much better to play with on the DC.:)