PDA

View Full Version : Where are most high powered weapons found?

Setharion
12-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Are they found by progressing more of the story? Or are they special loot items, or are they by getting things to open up in the bazaar or found in shops as you progress?

I just would like to try and get something really awesome, for awhile now some of my top weapons are like Icebrand and the Yoichi Bow, just would love to find a killer sword or a sword i could do a sidequest for perhaps...just not sure if there is any.

MisterPoe
12-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Most of the high-ends appear in the bazaar from selling combinations of loot. However, some of my favorites can be picked up from chests and hunts at about the midway point of the game.

Depending on your levels and spot in the [story...

Zodiac Spear can be obtained from the Necrohol of Nabudis in the Cloister of the Highborne area. It is in one of the 16 chests assuming you didnt take one of the 'trick' chests that negate it earlier in the game.

Masamune is a reward for defeating the Ancient Man of Mystery hunt. Its a difficult fight but both entertaining and rewarding.

Fomalhaut can be found in a chest that is in the room where you defeat the Antlion hunt. Kill it. Save. Teleport away and return. if it isnt there, rinse and repeat. I believe it has a 50% chance of being in that room WITHOUT diamond armlet equiped. An easy pick up.

I hope that helps you. Keep in mind that many would consider these game-breakers depending on how soon you are able to get them. They can drastically alter the difficulty level of the game.

Dynast-Kid
12-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Don't forget that you can also get the Zodiac Spear in the Henne Mines eastern section (Enter from the Feywood). It's in the northernmost area hidden in a secret alcove, but you can only get it if you have the Diamond Armlet equipped.

Setharion
12-21-2006, 10:09 PM
I started on the antlion hunt the other day and well, i dont think i was ready. I was able to kill those critters on the way too it but when i noticed it had about 4 or 5 surrounding it i just couldnt handle it. My team is around id say 37-39 now.

MisterPoe
12-22-2006, 04:50 AM
Thats not too bad of a level actually. The best tip I can give for him is to kill those little critters surrounding it.... before he does. He can use cannibalize on them to greatly increase his power so it is best to stop that before it starts. Good luck :)

Setharion
12-22-2006, 04:51 AM
Hmmm...so he wont attack me actually until he canabalizes those mantis around him?

Edit: Im also lvl 40 now with my whole party, although vaan is 42 now...but i was wondering if i could use warp to get rid of those mantis around him, if i drew the whole pack out that is. Would warp work in this sitation?

MisterPoe
12-22-2006, 04:58 AM
No. he will definately attack you as well... It's just better that he DOES attack you and not eat his pals first. :D

As for the warp-trick... I dont know, I didnt try it. It's worth a shot.

Setharion
12-22-2006, 05:07 AM
ha i just tried it, didnt work really. I think maybe 1 warped out of there...

Now heres a question, any idea where Aeroaga can be purchased? Being they are weak to wind i could see if that would help me get rid of the mantis quicker.

Setharion
12-22-2006, 05:23 AM
Something else...i just read that you can run in and snag that chest to get the formalhaut...i did a kamikaze run in there but there was no chest any where...am i missing something?

chrisguapo69
12-22-2006, 06:04 AM
I just killed those critters using oil, then firaga. Burned them alive with 2 hits of firaga!! It was like an army of flamethrowers in there. I'm actually level 71 with Vaan though so that technique might not work the same with you guys.

Dell
12-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Aeroga is available in Archades.

Most of the best weapon can be gotten in Bazaar, here are some that I know:

Top 10 Best Attack Power:
1. Zodiac Spear (ATK +150) (Spear)
-Necrohol of Nabudis (Special)
-Henne Mines (al-bhed_kid0827, you get a deadend when you enter from Feywood!)
2. Tournesol (ATK +140) (Greatsword)
-Bazaar, Serpentarius x3, Empyreal Soul x3, Gemsteel x3
3. Wyrmhero Blade (ATK +130) (Greatsword)
-Bazaar, Omega Badge x1, Lu Shang Badge x1, Godslayer Badge x1
4. Excalibur (ATK +126) (Greatsword)
-Great Crystal, Roadway to Ultima
5. Scorpion Tail (ATK +119) (Axe)
-Bazaar, Charged Gizzard x3, Wyrm Bone x3, Scorpio Gem x4
6. Ultima Blade (ATK +118) (Greatsword)
-Bazaar, Adamantite x2, Death Powder x2, Gnoma Halcyon
-Pharos - Subterra B1F
7. Golden Axe (ATK +110) (Axe)
-Dalmasca Estersand (After Ridorana)
8. Ragnarok (ATK +109) (Greatsword)
-Reward for Rank VI, Elite Mark, Ixion
9. Whale Whisker (ATK +108) (Pole)
-Bazaar, Mythril x3, Corpse Fly x3, Aquarius Gem x4
10. Greataxe (ATK +101) (Axe)
-Bazaar and I don't know what the ingredient is.

Other Weapon:
Dagger: Danjuuro +80
-Drop from rare game, Larvae Eater (Great Crystal)
Ninja Sword: Yagyu Darkblade +80
-Drop from rare game, Bombshell (Lhusu Mines)
Gun: Fomalhaut +50
-Treasure in Lhusu Mines, Cerobi Steppe, Henne Mines, Pharos Subterra
Handbomb: Volcano +85
-Reward for Rank VI, Mark, Catoblepas
Crossbow: Gastrophetes +76
-Steal from rare game, Pallicant (Ridorana Cataract)
-Outfitter in Phon Coast
Mace: Grand Mace +72
-Reward for Rank VII, Mark, Pylraster
Measure: Euclid's Sextant +35 (Hit: Bubble)
-Reward for Rank VI, Mark, Wild Malboro
Rod: Rod of Faith +24
-Mt. Bur-Omisace, clear Rank VII, Elite Mark, Behemoth King and unequip Vaan's weapon, punch the wyrm-like face in Mt. Bur-Omisace,
you'll also get 500000 gil.
Staff: Staff of the Magi +44
-Steal from rare game, Luxollid (Pharos Subterra)
Bow: Sagittarius +93
-Bazaar, Beastlord Horn x3, Moon Ring x3, Sagittarius Gem x4
Sword: Durandal +99
-Bazaar, Lifewick x3, Emperor Scale x2, Leshach Halcyon
Katana: Masamune +93
-Bazaar, Gemsteel x2, Mallet x2, Orichalcum x2
-Reward for Rank VII, Elite Mark, Ancient Man of Mystery
Spear: Dragon Whisker +91 (In case you don't want the Zodiac Spear)
-Treasure in Pharos Third Ascent, Cerobi Steppe

You can see Pole, Axe, Spear and Greatsword in the top 10 best attack power.