PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ever find those Dark Skeletons in Golmore?

Setharion
12-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Whats interesting is that they arent listed in the beastiary, yet they net you about 1000 exp per kill...not to bad being they are really easy and spawn pretty quick.

But i just think its odd they arent listed in the golmore beastiary, or is it a glitch perhaps?

Dynast-Kid
12-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Whats interesting is that they arent listed in the beastiary, yet they net you about 1000 exp per kill...not to bad being they are really easy and spawn pretty quick.

But i just think its odd they arent listed in the golmore beastiary, or is it a glitch perhaps?

Dark Skeletons belong to the Paramina Rift section of the bestiary I believe.

Setharion
12-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Yea i noticed they were there...but i figured different kinds for the zones would be listed in their zones. Being these ones kind of come up from the ground in a mist form. I just thought that most mobs were under the beastiary section regardless of being in others as well.

Either way, they are probably the best exp here in the golmore for how easy they are :tongue:

Renmiri
12-21-2006, 11:23 PM
I only saw them after I tried to nab the Vorpal Bunny.

They are great: Drop good loot, not imune to Phoenix Down, Cura or Raise, net you tons of experience, easy to chain! :D:D:D:

It is common to have fiends from other areas show up, sometimes very far away from their origin. Example: Nam-Yensa has an area close to the Tomb of Raythwall, called Simoon's Bluff where you can chain Bagoly (looks like Urstrix) and net some $1,100 gil "bent staff". Bagoly are only listed on Phon Coast, I think :D

Setharion
12-21-2006, 11:39 PM
What ive noticed though is that this makes the Grave Lord pop, any of you take that dude down?

Setharion
12-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Just beat that Grave Lord down...bummer, no good drops from em :(

ChocoKid21
12-22-2006, 02:34 AM
How hard is the grave lord? I watched a video on youtube about it but had to go before the guy actually fought it. Everyone was like "OMG GRAVE LORD O_O"

Setharion
12-22-2006, 02:39 AM
He wasnt that bad actually...i had ice shields on my 2 main tanks and his damage was nothing much at all.

We just beat him down pretty good, i was actually expecting more of an epic battle with em but it wasnt anything major.

I did get like 16 LPs off him and like 1000 experience.

farplaner
12-22-2006, 05:07 AM
Yeah, from what I've seen the dark skeletons appear when you clear that screen of everything else.

*as a side note: I realized that the vorpal bunny hunt at low levels is a lot easier if you leave one monster alive. That way the skeletons don't swarm all over as the bunny does it's hoppity hop!

Usually, the grave lord pops up after I clear the dark skeletons...he's nothing special...just like a dark skeleton x 1.5

Renmiri
12-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah, from what I've seen the dark skeletons appear when you clear that screen of everything else.

*as a side note: I realized that the vorpal bunny hunt at low levels is a lot easier if you leave one monster alive. That way the skeletons don't swarm all over as the bunny does it's hoppity hop!

True but... Those skeletons are NOT immune to Phoenix Down or Raise so they die pretty quick, instantly if you use "Foe undead / raise" as a gambit.

I got the bunny when I used "drain" as a gambit in all my 3 guys, in addition to the undead/raise gambit. He is fast, but with 3 guys doing drain you don't have to be close to it so you deplete his HP faster than he hops away. And the skeletons fall like flies :D

mack10
12-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Of all nights they spawned when I went to kill that Bunny Hunt in Golomore and god...they made that hunt a lot LOT tougher than it really was >.<