PDA

View Full Version : Anime - Gravitation

Xander
12-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Wondering if anyone else likes this anime? I don't watch much anime but...I find this really amusing, and sweet. =) When Shindou goes all chibi and turns into kitties and bounces over the room and stuff. It's cute....

LunarWeaver
12-22-2006, 12:24 AM
I love this anime :jess: The humor of it is so wonderfully cute in that highly anime way.

At first, I didn't buy the romance between Shuichi and Yuki much, but then I remembered it's called "Gravitation" and so they're sposed to be opposites and, you know, gravitate towards each other because of it. So I guess it all works out.

Shuichi can take the whole uke thing a bit far, though :lol: Sometimes he looks and acts so over-the-top girly that he might as well just have a vagina.

But it's still cute. It filled me with pink fluff and motivated me to get off my ass and find some sort of romantic interest. Such is the power of pink-haird singers.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-22-2006, 12:27 AM
Gay exploitation for the consumption of teenage girls. No thanks.

Moon Rabbits
12-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Gay exploitation for the consumption of <s>teenage girls.</s> me. <s>No thanks. </s> Yes plz.

Xander
12-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Gay exploitation for the consumption of <s>teenage girls.</s> me. <s>No thanks. </s> Yes plz.

Haha. I didn't really get it at first well still not sure if I really do...the way Yuki acts towards him... my friend wanted to watch it just cos she's all, ooh yaoi..but I thought there was more to it than that (well what I've seen so far), and at least it doesn't go over the top with that. The whole Bad Luck thing is interesting too... okay Shuichi does go over the top though xD But I can relate hahah, he's all like *cling* :love:

At first it bothered me how it just started off, from nowhere, and seemed like a weird relationship with those two... and Shuichi's pink hair bugged me. But then I found it quite endearing after more episodes.... I don't think it's gay exploitation, aren't there tons of girly romantic anime/movies/etc, what's the difference....?

I find the other characters funny too, the manager who goes all over the top panicy and the other guy who just holds the gun at everyone. xD It's all a little crazy and crazy is good..

Aw, in the one I watched today Shuichi literally melted. xD <3

Oh I also love that Ryuichi and when he has the bunny on his head. I want a bunny on my head.

Dixie
12-22-2006, 01:16 AM
I love Gravitation so much. My friend and I watch it all of the time, though we've been so busy lately, we haven't seen it.

(We both agree that Shuichi is hot, even if he has pink hair. xD)

Xander
12-22-2006, 01:18 AM
*teen girl mode* Oh wait, I'm always in that..

I think Hiroshi is hot, I liked him from the start, not so much the others though. And I would totally eat up Ryuichi :love:

Tasura
12-23-2006, 05:24 AM
I have this anime, but I have yet to watch it, someone *coughs and points at TSoL* recommended it to me, along with Loveless, which I have watched. xD

JKTrix
12-29-2006, 08:10 PM
The only exposure to this series I have had is the super hyper Jpop song "Shining Collection", which is pretty awesome. I heard it in an AMV from the Ah! My Goddess movie and loved it.

Wasn't too interested in the actual show, though.

K-chan
12-29-2006, 08:51 PM
^^() Ohhh... I'm gonna get smacked for saying this... but I didn't like the anime much. *ducks before she gets hit* I just thought the manga was better. I mean, yeah, they had to condense everything into 13 episodes, but they skipped a lot of the best bits in doing so.

Dr Aum
12-29-2006, 09:17 PM
I love Gravitation. The humor's great, the art's nice (ending theme cinema = top of goodness), and it has some of the best music I've ever heard in anime. In fact, Yoko Kanno aside, the only anime music I like more is in Loveless, which is also a great show.

And we forgive you for disliking Gravi, K-chan, but only because you're obviously a Yami no Matsuei fan (another amazing soundtrack, by the way).