PDA

View Full Version : Are the holidays cursed...?

Dark Soul963
12-22-2006, 04:18 AM
Seriously, are they? Or do I just have really bad luck?
I am failing school, I am gonna be grounded for 9 weeks, almost everyone is mad at me, and the worst thing of all. My friend died yesterday. All this started on December 1st.
So is it me or a holiday curse?:cry:

Zeromus_X
12-22-2006, 04:22 AM
Sometimes bad things happen in life that you just have to deal with as they come. I don't really think it's much of a curse as it is a good deal of misfortune all at once. Although, I would think failing school is going to be mostly your fault, other things beyond your control can't be helped.

Avarice-ness
12-22-2006, 04:26 AM
Seriously, are they? Or do I just have really bad luck?
I am failing school, I am gonna be grounded for 9 weeks, almost everyone is mad at me, and the worst thing of all. My friend died yesterday. All this started on December 1st.
So is it me or a holiday curse?:cry:

Failing school is directly related to you, 9 weeks of grounding is because of school which is directly related to you, everyone mad at you may or may not be directly related to you, but people arn't normally mad at others for no reason.

Your friend passing away on the other hand wasn't 'caused in anyway by you and it may be the misfourtune of the friends family members or someone very very close to them, but prolly not you.

So no, it's not you or a holiday curse. It's just.. life.

Madame Adequate
12-22-2006, 04:29 AM
There are six and a half billion people, going about all their lives, with the vast numbers of possible events which could happen.

How could there NOT be seemingly unfair or deliberately contrived streams of bad luck for some people? It's simple statistics.

Shlup
12-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Your choices having consequences does not have anything to do with luck.

Someone you care for dying also does not have to do with luck. It has to do with life sucking.

Old Manus
12-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Don't listen to them, Dark Soul693. This shows the classic symptoms of a curse. Sorry man. :(

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-22-2006, 12:16 PM
I am failing school
I am gonna be grounded for 9 weeks
almost everyone is mad at me
My friend died yesterday.
Are the holidays cursed?...

Pull yourself together and start working now that you've realised something has to be done about it
For what? For whatever it was think, maybe you deserved it
This happens to a lot of people even me at this moment in time
This sucks, but he did so along with thousands of other people around the world
No

Xander
12-22-2006, 12:18 PM
*sprinkles magic happy dust on your holidays* Sorry to hear about the bad things but.. look for the few good things that I'm sure will happen and I'm sure things will start to look better =)

Bunny
12-22-2006, 12:52 PM
This is what you get for not sacrificing a goat to the Pagan gods every Tuesdays at 8pm EST/7pm Central.

Nobody wants to listen to me until it is too late!

Christmas
12-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Don't listen to them, Dark Soul693. This shows the classic symptoms of a curse. Sorry man. :(

Chloe.
12-22-2006, 12:59 PM

Nominus Experse
12-22-2006, 01:50 PM
When it rains, it pours

Dark Soul963
12-23-2006, 01:03 AM

thought so...:eep:

LoveArya
12-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Bad things happen to good people....
Im sorry about your friend, one of my closest friends have died before too, and its an unbearable pain.
Work harder to raise your grades, that way once you get them raised and you dont fail school, you can worry about other stuff.