PDA

View Full Version : Internet Channel

Ichimonji
12-22-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm officially posting directly from my Wii, as the Internet Channel is out now. I know it's only in it's beta version, but man, this is awesome. I never thought I'd be surfing the net, checking email, watching videos, etc. directly from my TV and the comfort of my couch. It's crazy.

So yeah, any thoughts or opinions on the Internet Channel and whatnot, feel free to post.

(Man, that took a long time to type, since it's all point and click.)

Khaotic
12-22-2006, 10:29 AM
They need a real keyboard, although the automatic word thing while you're ”typing” is cool.

vorpal blade
12-22-2006, 11:00 AM
I prefer the normal internet, 'cause that frees up the TV for some watching.

JKTrix
12-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Dammit, someone beat me. I'm posting from my Wii too. The auto-type is surprisingly good. I'm using the cel phone setup, it's actually much faster than the qwerty. > probably won't use this after you have to pay for it, but it is quite cool nonetheless.

KentaRawr!
12-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Man, I need to stop assuming I'm first. I'm using the Wii, too. ABS seems to work astoundingly well. I still have to try ocremix, vgmusic, gametrailers, and youtube.

Edit: Darn. Even ytmnd didn't work.

Ichimonji
12-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Dammit, someone beat me. I'm posting from my Wii too. The auto-type is surprisingly good. I'm using the cel phone setup, it's actually much faster than the qwerty. > probably won't use this after you have to pay for it, but it is quite cool nonetheless.

You don't have to pay for anything as long as it's downloaded by June 2007. Even if you don't get it by that time, it's only 500 points. Which is a good deal, considering some of the titles they've put out on the NES VC.

KentaRawr!
12-22-2006, 06:18 PM
It seems as though ABS has a Wii Flash Games section for use with the Wii Browser. Spank the Monkey is super easy with the Wiimote. >_>

Roto13
12-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I used to browse the intarwebz on my Dreamcast a few years ago. Man, that was awkward. >_>

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-22-2006, 09:45 PM
cool, will the real version be free?

Sephex
12-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Here is my first post from the internet channel!

KentaRawr!
12-22-2006, 10:16 PM

From what I understand, March is before June, and the next version goes up in March. It goes non-free in June. So yes, the real version will be free, just until June. But when June comes, it will only cost $5.

Bunny
12-22-2006, 11:00 PM
I am browsing the internet from my computer because I use my video game systems to play video games.

I know.

It's crazy.

KentaRawr!
12-22-2006, 11:23 PM
I am browsing the internet from my computer because I use my video game systems to play video games.

I know.

It's crazy.

Indeed, you are insane.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-22-2006, 11:37 PM

From what I understand, March is before June, and the next version goes up in March. It goes non-free in June. So yes, the real version will be free, just until June. But when June comes, it will only cost $5.

not $5 dollars each month right? woo!

KentaRawr!
12-23-2006, 06:43 AM

not $5 dollars each month right? woo!

Yes, that's right. Single payment. n_n

Mittopotahis
12-24-2006, 04:37 AM
its great, i'm posting from it now. =]