PDA

View Full Version : Addition to the compliation of final fantasy vii?

fantasy-fan-07
12-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Firstly, just like to say hi to everyone on eyes on final fantasy, i've just signed up and this is my first thread! :)

I remeber reading a interview with a the guys an gals at sqaure, and in there they stated that they thought that final fantasy vii was a 20 year series (sony expects there ps3 to run for about 10 years aswell)so bascially, what do you expect is next in store for the compliation? :confused:

Of coarse this is not confirmed, but highly likely...personally though although its been stamped out many times, i believe that the only way to round of the series is with a remake, and possibly a playable sequel, we all want it to happen!

chrisfffan
12-22-2006, 10:35 PM
i think they are going to remake the game next year for the ps3 it will be the 10th year anniversary so it would be a great way to top it off!

.:kerrod:.
12-22-2006, 11:22 PM
highly unlikely that they will remake it, they only made a tech demo to show off what the ps3 can do. Dont get me wrong it would be great, but i think the temptation to change a lot of things would be too great and some of the features that made it a classic would be removed or replaced, therefore making it an almost new final fantasy game all together. i also think the materia system would be removed/updated, further straying from its original form :( i'd love to see it done, but im a little worried as to what they would do to it

Zeromus_X
12-22-2006, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they did remake it in the future, but there's been no official word on it so far and I'm not going to expect anything yet.

And I'm tired, as I've already had enough sequels and spin-offs to devour.

.:kerrod:.
12-22-2006, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they did remake it in the future, but there's been no official word on it so far and I'm not going to expect anything yet.

And I'm tired, as I've already had enough sequels and spin-offs to devour.

agreed, i think they've milked all they can from ffvii, and as much as i love it (:love:) it hurts me to say, 'i think it's over'

cloud21zidane16
12-24-2006, 12:16 AM
i think they should end it with a remake, it will finaly get rid of the rumours and questions,i also am worried though that they would change it way to much if it was remade.
but square cant get angry about people always asking for a remake, i mean come on, "no no! we are not remaking final fantasy 7" a little while later "here is a demo of what ff7 would look like on ps3"
they just didnt do theirself any favours there

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-24-2006, 11:25 AM
personally, i wud love to see a ps3 remake of ff7. even if they did stray from the originality of thr original ff7, it wud still be a good game (it's made by square, after all). however, i think by the time they had finished it up we'd be talking ps4 or 5!!!

eestlinc
12-25-2006, 08:36 AM
i think square has already done more than enough with ff7.