PDA

View Full Version : GTA

Ashley Schovitz
12-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Talk about Rockstar's biggest franchise game here, that used to be exclusive for the Sony Consoles. I think that no game is better than GTA San Andreas. I mean the game was fantastic with a cool storyline lots and lots more customization, few more mini games here and there to increase the fun and you can finally have a character that can swim. The game made the genre even more realistic, by adding girlfriends, having weight management and finally being able to change your clothes everyday if you wanted to. The only thing wrong with GtA is those stupid retarded RC missions, why did anyone ever create them, they're fustrating as hell!

GTA IV better have you playing as a latina chick.

Mirage
12-22-2006, 10:41 PM
I would play it if it had a female main character, even though I never really cared for the series :p.

Eiko Guy
12-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Yeah that would be so kick ass!!! A queenpin

Jowy
12-22-2006, 10:45 PM
I like GTA 3. Mafia games win, and Chatterbox radio made me giggle.

LIBERTY CITY COCKS RULE!

THAT LAST GUY WAS SO FULL OF CRAP! EVERYONE KNOWS WOMEN ARE MADE OF SAND!

Dreddz
12-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Ive got no beef with the series, I just think it sucks.

Old Manus
12-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Duck, before Joel comes online!

Ashley Schovitz
12-22-2006, 11:28 PM
I like GTA 3. Mafia games win, and Chatterbox radio made me giggle.

LIBERTY CITY COCKS RULE!

THAT LAST GUY WAS SO FULL OF CRAP! EVERYONE KNOWS WOMEN ARE MADE OF SAND!

Hey what do you mean by that, if you have beef let's take this out on the lot!

Craig
12-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Ive got no beef with the series, I just think it sucks.

What are you? Joel.2?

Markus. D
12-23-2006, 12:33 AM
"Ive got no beef with the series", I just think it sucks.

no Shlup.

I think it is okay... and the character development also has some depth.

Jowy
12-23-2006, 12:53 AM
I was actually quoting Chatterbox. ;)

I just couldn't get into Vice City or San Andreas.

Ashley Schovitz
12-23-2006, 01:17 AM
I want to jack a space shuttle in IV.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-23-2006, 01:33 AM
VI*

Ashley Schovitz
12-23-2006, 02:02 AM
VI what are you talking about?

Shoeberto
12-23-2006, 02:19 AM
Though they stopped numbering the games after GTA3, there have been two new games in the main series released since. Funnily, the past two game's titles were released, they also were referred to as "GTA4."

I don't really understand the reasoning behind calling it GTA4 when it's going to be the sixth game, but whatever.

Meat Puppet
12-23-2006, 02:50 AM
Man, back in the day, I spent so much life playing Grand Theft Auto (1). I didn’t even really play the missions, I just hung the DJ and rampaged for hours. :Oo: I played it again when R* let me download it for free, but because this was after the new generation of Grand Theft Auto, I couldn’t get that feeling back. Nevertheless, it still holds some nostalgic value.

I didn’t play GTA2 until R* put it up for free download. I haven’t been able to get into the game too much, and the only reason I play it these days is for multiplayer, which is kind of fun.

I thought that GTA3 was the best game in the world when it first came out. I remember getting home from school on the day my brother bought it, and he wouldn’t let me play it for so long. Then I would play it for like an hour and get nausea and headaches and would have to let him back on. :Oo:
But I still had fun playing it. It was the last game that I seriously used cheats on (and indeed, ran over the policeman). Earlier this year, I ‘clocked’ the game for the first time ever, without using cheats.

I got Vice City for my... 16th birthday? I am too lazy to count backwards. Anyway, my dad gave me the money but he wouldn’t actually go in and buy the game for me (in my country, Grand Theft Auto titles are R18). My friend and I both tried, but to no avail. We had to go to Burger King and ask this one guy to buy it for us. I guess I am pretty lucky that he was an honest guy and actually did us the favor, rather than taking off with the cash.
This game hurt my head much more than GTA3 did, but I still enjoyed the game much more. Tommy Vercetti is still just so awesome. I have heard that R* are done with him, though.

San Andreas. I really liked this one. Back in GTA3 days, I thought that San Andreas would be the city used before Vice City.
I remember reading the San Andreas webpage every day until they finally released information about it. Then I gobbled it all up. :yap: The next day in one of the MSN mass convo things that Psychotic enjoys, he tried to educate me on San Andreas. That was sweet of him.
No matter how much I read about San Andreas, it still amazed me when it came out. I’m not going to waste time explaining it, because chances are you have already experienced (if you haven’t, blegh).
These days I like to play San Andreas by doing as much as I can before the first mission, and without using a walk through. Getting all the side items, getting the LV tattoos, getting the pilot license, and so on. (for me to get everything) This is quite a challenge. Things like gambling, oysters, photo ops and horseshoes I have the most difficulty with, having never been able to collect 100% of either photo ops or horseshoes before the first mission. I got close with the photos, but my save got deleted. :frust: I found many horseshoes, but the more you find, the harder they are to find. And when you are trying to get them with limited skills and a sticky wanted level, it’s even harder! Oh, and I try to do it without dying or getting busted. If either happens I have to load.
I think that’s it.

Grand Theft Auto: Advance I didn’t like too much. I hired the game (and a GBA) once and never completed it.

Call me crazy, but I really liked Liberty City Stories. So much so that I had to buy a PSP just for it, before I even knew what it was like. Well, the one thing that really grabbed me was that theme music I heard in the trailer. It just sent chills down my spine. In my opinion, the best GTA theme music yet.
Worst part of the game (for me) was definitely the RC races. I only completed a third of one of them. I just gave up after a while. The only GTA in the GTA3 generation (excluding Advance) that I have yet to complete 100%.

Vice City Stories was pretty cool, too. Though I must admit that the story was weak, and it seemed like it was squeezed into the game (considering the system it is on, I guess that is forgivable). Still a lot of cool things in the game, though. Especially the checkpoints in the emergency missions. What a load off, I’d say.

I don’t consider either of the Stories to be major GTA titles, rather, just filler before GTA4.

If nobody has answered Hsu’s question yet, it is (I assume it is because) all those GTA titles are expansions (if you will?) on GTA3. I guess GTA4 will be different enough to be classed as a true sequel. I don’t know for sure, though.

EDIT: GTA IV with the protagonist as a latina chick who hijacks space shuttles? Sounds like some low grade television series (which I wouldn’t watch).

Erdrick Holmes
12-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Worst game series EVER! Anybody who likes it is dumb and can have their opinion ignored.

o_O
12-23-2006, 03:53 AM
GTA is one of my favourite series.

GTA 1 was brilliant, I remember playing it for hours after school with the no-CD crack from my friend's CD.

I didn't like GTA 2, though it was a fairly integral stepping stone to GTA 3.

GTA 3 was very cool, but I couldn't stand that the main character didn't have a name.

The music in Vice City was the best of the series, by far. One of the best games in the series too, I though.

San Andreas is quite close to being the best game I've ever played. The sheer size of it was amazing; it seemed like about 10 Vice City maps put together.

Liberty City Stories was my second favourite in the series. I thought it was a massive improvement over GTA 3, starting with the main character having a name. I found the voice acting a little forced in GTA 3, something Rockstar definitely ironed out in Liberty City Stories. I was a little disappointed that they didn't follow in the footsteps of San Andreas in that there was no aiming mechanism aside from locking-on and sniper-rifle/rocket-launcher scopes.
Also disappointing was that you still can't swim. :p

I'm still playing Vice City Stories, but so far it's good. You can swim, which is a bonus. It's not as good as Liberty City Stories yet, but then again, Liberty City Stories wasn't as good at the beginning as it turned out to be.

So yeah, can't wait for GTA 4.

Meat Puppet
12-23-2006, 06:25 AM
I was a little disappointed that they didn't follow in the footsteps of San Andreas in that there was no aiming mechanism aside from locking-on and sniper-rifle/rocket-launcher scopes.

Do you mean manual aim? Many weapons in both Stories titles have manual aim, albeit much more limited than in San Andreas.

I agree that Vice City has the best soundtrack, o_O. :smash: I think they tried to better it in VCS, but in my opinion failed. Though there are a couple of songs on Wave 103 which are better, and Fresh 105 FM is way better than Wildstyle (though Playback beats them both). Other than that, though, the VCS radio doesn’t beat Vice City’s.
And the DJ on VCS’s Radio Espantoso pisses me off so much. I can’t listen to that station because of that guy. Pepe was so much better!

The multiplayer on San Andreas was all right for a short time. But after a while it really starts to feel awkward and like.. well, it kind of feels like my bones have been replaced with cold, discarded chewing gum.
Best multiplayer in the entire series so far has to go to either LCS or VCS (though GTA and GTA2 can be fun). VCS probably beats LCS due to a few better features. Like Might of the Hunter :drool:—fun when you have the Hunter, frustrating when you don’t (though totally awesome if you kill the swine who has it).
I am slightly annoyed how 100% of the multiplayer content can be unlocked with a cheat, though. So what if someone has just bought the game and they want everything? Make them work for it. :frust:

3 smilies in this post. Might be pushing it.

Vermachtnis
12-23-2006, 06:31 AM
These games are fun. In San Andreas my friends and I waste so much time doing absolutly nothing in multiplayer.

RiseToFall
12-23-2006, 08:29 AM
GTA 3, V.C., and S.A. are just brilliantly designed games. It's no wonder every other gaming company is trying to copy their style.

But I have to say I'm not really as impressed with L.C.S. or V.C.S., they both seem like a quick cash in for Rock Star before GTA 4 is released.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-23-2006, 03:17 PM
so vice city and san andreas were spin offs? O_o

Ashley Schovitz
12-23-2006, 07:35 PM
so vice city and san andreas were spin offs? O_o

Yep that's correct and sort of GTA III too Rockstar stated that those 3 games were a trilogy that's why they have the 3 for 1 package now for 29.99 I believe.

Odaisé Gaelach
12-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Yep that's correct and sort of GTA III too Rockstar stated that those 3 games were a trilogy that's why they have the 3 for 1 package now for 29.99 I believe.

In the original Grand Theft Auto game, there were three cities that you played through - Liberty City, San Andreas, and Vice City. Hence the names. :)

But they're completely different to the three cities that appeared in each of the PS2 games.

Madame Adequate
12-23-2006, 09:13 PM
GTA is a pretty classy series of games. :3 I love them all, including 1 and 2, which is where I got into them.

But GTA: London was :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Atmosphere was best in Vice City though.

I hope IV is set in the near future. Alright, more specifically, I hope the next GTA game is a total stylistic rip-off of Blade Runner and Syndicate Wars.

Ryth
12-23-2006, 11:07 PM
GTA bores me to tears. Joel knows what he is talking about.

Ashley Schovitz
12-23-2006, 11:51 PM
http://files.gtanet.com/gta4/images/gta4_fake_screen_3.jpg

Crop
12-24-2006, 09:26 AM
The game made the genre even more realistic, by adding girlfriends, having weight management and finally being able to change your clothes everyday if you wanted to.

If I wanted to do that, Id play the sims. the game was good, apart from that.

Shoeberto
12-24-2006, 08:03 PM
http://files.gtanet.com/gta4/images/gta4_fake_screen_3.jpg
I was about to call this one out on being a fake, but then I saw that even the filename says it's a fake screenshot.

Markus. D
12-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Worst game series EVER! Anybody who likes it is dumb and can have their opinion ignored.

says the person who thinks PSU's core gameplay is instense :|

Madame Adequate
12-25-2006, 12:53 AM

says the person who thinks PSU's core gameplay is instense :| Joel

Much easier, precise, and concise.

Edit: Oh snap, you can /strike through smilies.

Verdi666
12-29-2006, 10:28 PM
I've never liked the series, it has a plot but it's hardly exciting and it just doesn't catch my attention.

jammi567
03-25-2007, 06:56 PM
I like it, and i think it's cool blowing (computer) people up.

Erdrick Holmes
03-25-2007, 07:14 PM

The last thing GTA needs is MORE offensive stereotypes.

Mirage
03-25-2007, 08:03 PM
What's wrong with offensive stereotypes? They make me smile.

DK
03-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Yeah, my call is still for a futuristic GTA. I want a Rail Gun.

Raebus
03-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Lightsabers.

Seriously, a futuristic gta game with light saber like swords.

XxSephirothxX
03-25-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm really looking forward to the GTA IV trailer. I think Rockstar might have something pretty impressive in store, considering how long they've been silent. We'll see soon enough.

Dreddz
03-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Rockstar sent an email to all its subscribers on March 23rd saying "Things will be different". Im not fussed, but Im sure the GTA lovers will be pretty pumped for the trailer out on the 29th.

jammi567
03-25-2007, 09:34 PM
There's a gta IV! Christ, give it a chance, VCS has only just come out.

Mirage
03-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Don't you mean LCS?

Meat Puppet
03-25-2007, 10:09 PM
VCS has only just come out.
VCS came out last year. That’s not recent enough for my short attention span.
Still, both of the Stories titles were just filler while we waited for IV (which still isn’t coming out for some time yet :twak:)

jammi567
03-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Don't you mean LCS?
No.

Erdrick Holmes
03-26-2007, 12:49 AM
Liberty :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty Stories came out on the PSP in 2005, Vice :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty Stories came out on the PSP in late 2006. Eventually they got PS2 versions.

Also, wouldn't GTA 4 be GTA 8?

MecaKane
03-26-2007, 01:01 AM

The last thing GTA needs is MORE offensive stereotypes.

How is a latina chick offensive? I mean if you don't like Spainish people, I guess.
So it's an offensive stereotype to have any race other than white non-Italians committing crimes?

Also, lolz replacing city with :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty. That's almost as clever as replacing saga with suckga.

Erdrick Holmes
03-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Well they could do to the latina chick what they did with CJ in San Assdreas. They made him an offensive stereo in that game, they might just do it with any other ethnic characters.

Also, I claim to remember a GTA game had to be reedited to be 'hatian friendly'.

escobert
03-26-2007, 01:08 AM
lawl. joel you should have a TV show.

Erdrick Holmes
03-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Nah, PS3 fanboys wouild send me to many letter bombs.

MecaKane
03-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Well they could do to the latina chick what they did with CJ in San Assdreas. They made him an offensive stereo in that game, they might just do it with any other ethnic characters.
How was it offensive? He was black, and a gangbanger, in Los Angeles, pretty much. It'd be offensive if he was some thug in Oklahoma, or some other midwest place like that. Are you trying to tell me that there's no black gangbangers in LA?

Erdrick Holmes
03-26-2007, 01:24 AM
A black guy who's a gangers and goes around killing people, commiting crimes, etc. How can you NOT offensive.

MecaKane
03-26-2007, 01:35 AM
What's so offensive about it? What about the white guy in GTA 3, is that offensive?

Jowy
03-26-2007, 01:46 AM
imho Joel:

http://www.insuremeblog.com/agent/green%20eggs%20and%20ham.jpg

Mirage
03-26-2007, 01:48 AM
Jowy, that's offensive.

Levian
03-26-2007, 01:49 AM
One of the best things is the radio. The chat channels are awesome. I've only really played GTA 2 and San Andreas, but those were loads of fun. I've also listened a bit to the Radio in GTA 3.

Araciel
03-26-2007, 01:50 AM
i think here, GTA gets bashed a lot..the end.

Ashley Schovitz
03-26-2007, 01:59 AM
Is there trailer this month or next. I saw Vice City Stories coming to the PS2 and good move because it would sell more on the PS2 I hop[e It'll come out as 19.99 like Liberty did.

Markus. D
03-26-2007, 02:50 AM
Yeah, my call is still for a futuristic GTA. I want a Rail Gun.

I heard there is a new one of somesort.

you play as a cyborg.

I think... I read about it somewhere.

Holy Lancer
03-26-2007, 02:53 AM
I hate this game so much it gives video gams a bad name. It's so stupid. Yes I own it yes I hate it. Sorry if I'm being a little too harsh on it. I've played it alot too.

Ashley Schovitz
03-26-2007, 02:57 AM
I hate this game so much it gives video gams a bad name. It's so stupid. Yes I own it yes I hate it. Sorry if I'm being a little too harsh on it. I've played it alot too.

What are you talking about we're discussing over 10 games here!?

Holy Lancer
03-26-2007, 03:01 AM

What are you talking about we're discussing over 10 games here!?

I could talk aout either GTA 3, Vice City or San Andreas that way since i've played them all, but in that post its GTA 3.

jammi567
03-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Why, oh why did i have to re-surface this topic.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-26-2007, 06:00 PM
A'yo, amy and every GTA is the :skull::skull::skull::skull:!!! Especially, San Andreas. Perfect!!!:cool:

JKTrix
03-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Why, oh why did i have to re-surface this topic.

I was wondering the same thing. Was dead for almost 3 months.

But yeah, GTA = Ok.

KasaiDraco
03-27-2007, 10:51 PM
I'd play it, but I'm not allowed to even though I'm 16. My family won't let me lay it from only what they hear on the news. They think the game'll turn me into a murderer even though I wouldn't go within 20 feet of a gun!

Erdrick Holmes
03-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Just stay away from it period. The games suck on levels of biblical proportions.

Doomie
03-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Both because the games are actually good and because it's funny to see Joel whine like a little girl at the mention of GTA, I think the games are great. I think I still have the original GTA. =D

JKTrix
03-28-2007, 01:18 PM
GTA 2 was awesome. GTA3 was good.

We've been playing GTA 3 for 5.5 years.

Erdrick Holmes
03-28-2007, 04:03 PM
I actually liked GTA2 on the playstation a little bit.

Ashley Schovitz
03-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Have y'all seen the trailer for GTA IV it's pretty sweet with graphics. it's just a shame that the main character isn't a woman. I saw it on Attack of the Show.

jammi567
03-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, i've seen it, and it would make a change if the main protagonist was a woman.