PDA

View Full Version : Venturing Where You Ought Not Go...Yet

six underground
12-23-2006, 05:38 AM
seeing as this game has so many tempting blue arrows leading to "???" to explore, what were the biggest shocks of your sightseeing trips in FF12? :) stuff like wandering into silly places like the Necrohol of Nabudis and fleeing like mad around the Feywood and Phase 2 of the Henne Mines (with the 20000-HP, level-65 bats) when really, I should have as yet been going to Mt. Bur-Omisace :eek:

LazarCotoron
12-23-2006, 06:23 AM
Actually, the only one you didn't cover was finding the entrance to the Zertinan Caverns when you're level 6. Doesn't go so well.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Zertinan, Garamsythe, the Feywood, Barheim, and Nabudis were the big ones. I also took the alternate route to the Highwaste long before I belonged there and got summarily slain by Phunbabas.

Aralith
12-23-2006, 06:46 AM
I found my way into the Necrohol of Nabudis when I was about level 30 or 35. I then took no more than three steps in when I stepped on a trap (because at that point I was not smart enough to have Libra on at all times) that dealt 4000 damage to each of my characters, instantly killing my primary party. I then was forced to wander around with characters that were about 15 or 20. It was in fact this incident that has made me since level all six of my party member's up evenly. Though you don't gain levels as fast, it is well worth the time. Also, my first trip to Zertinan at level 10 was a rather short-lived one as well.

Dell
12-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Mosphoran --> Estersand.

Dewprisms
12-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Going through the first map of Zertinan you can find (in the Westersands, I believe) and thinking you're pretty okay. The toads are a bit hard and so are the flans at level 20 or so, but you figure it's just a random dungeon that you'll gain some nice EXP into. Then you get to the second screen and run up to the enemy, which proceeds to slap you on your ass and then head for the next character while aggroing nearby enemies.

You scream and push down R1 as hard as you can as you swing your camera wildly and try to escape, only to find that all the enemies you had struggled to defeat on the way in have already respawned when you cross back.

:cry:

Mirage
12-23-2006, 10:10 AM
I always check if their names are in red before I attack :p. I don't think I've wiped from accidential aggro once :p. Garamsythe nearly did though.

Bunny
12-23-2006, 04:36 PM
I've never wiped from going further than I ought to go. But I have gone further that I should on countless occasions.

The funniest instance would be when I ran into Adramalech at a very low level. I think my reaction was "oooh, I wonder what is do-- oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god"

I went into the Necrohol at mid-30s as well. Fought some of the guys there at a steady pace, but I had to back out after I aggro'd four or five of them.

Did the Feywood when I was supposed to be headed somewhere else (can't remember where) and almost got myself killed by those folks.

edczxcvbnm
12-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Zertinan, Garamsythe, the Feywood, Barheim, and Nabudis were the big ones.

I did all of those as well. I held down the run button the whole time I was in the necro-hall in Nabudis. I barely was able to survive that one. I spent a lot of pointless time running around in Zertinan as well. I just couldn't help myself.

Ashley Schovitz
12-23-2006, 04:47 PM
As soon as I notice when they're on higher levels than I, I leave.

Moon Rabbits
12-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Well, going after the Antlion at level 30 didn't end so well, what with the Dullahans and all.

Zertinan Caverns had some pretty close calls for me, and so did the Golmore Jungle (travelling too far south, near the Feywood).

Renmiri
12-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Zertinan, Feywood, Necrohool...

Also trying to fight those 2 werewolves in Giza at level 3 didn't go quite so well, same for Eastersand but
at least the Wild Saurian doesn't run after you!:(

Talking about going somewhere too early just WTF is that pink / purple horse with blue hooves and mane at the Necrohool ? Helvinek (? I think ). I bumped into it yesterday and the darn thing had 9,999 HP and healed itself!!! Had to run for cover with the darn thing teleporting itself in front of me the whole time!

Is it a mark ? A boss ? A rare fiend ?

LazarCotoron
12-23-2006, 07:18 PM
No idea, but it's got it's glowy on, and you just know that's a bad sign. I really ought to go wander around in there for a while.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-23-2006, 07:20 PM
It's Rare Game, although I've run into it quite often.

Lynx
12-23-2006, 09:41 PM
i went to the necrohol of nabudis as soon as i got to salikawoods. big mistake. i went too deep into lhusu mines way too early. and i stumbled into the feywood too early. also trying to fight abysteel in barheim was a mistake. and i accidently ran up on zalera a little too early lost once reaaranged my armor and gambits and went right back and won though.

Renmiri
12-23-2006, 11:19 PM
How do you kill it ?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Hit it a lot. If you're having a hard time with it, I'd have to say you're probably not strong enough to be exploring Nabudis in the first place.

Renmiri
12-24-2006, 12:52 AM
Hit it a lot. If you're having a hard time with it, I'd have to say you're probably not strong enough to be exploring Nabudis in the first place.
You are probably correct. I only did it to get the map ripped for my site. But had to run like hell from that darn pink nightmare :p

Moon Rabbits
12-24-2006, 02:07 AM

It only has a two star rarity, so it appears often for Rare Game.

Dell
12-24-2006, 02:34 PM
I was shocked when I see Helvinek. 99999 HP! It's funny he's not immune to Libra like most Rare Games are.

I never know that Helvinek can still catch you after you change area! Luckily, I managed to use Curaja before he attacks.

Anyone know the HP of one Magic Pot? I love my Elixir....... :(

six underground
12-26-2006, 06:41 AM
I was shocked when I see Helvinek. 99999 HP! It's funny he's not immune to Libra like most Rare Games are.

maybe it's so we run away screaming when we see all that HP ? :greenie:

another was when i was first saw a big, beautiful glowing Entite :)

ValiantKnight
12-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Entite? Gnoma Entite, big glowy red/orangeish thing in the west? I think I traveled too far at level 8 solo with Vaan as I got turned away by imperials and saw a large beast in a sandstorm that was too fierce for me to go in, as well as the bright glowy ball with 45000hp, the wild saurian with 6000hp, and the werewolves.
Been to Zertinan as well :)
Well that was 7hrs of playing on the first day.
Now that I got Balthier(sp?) and Fran I probably should go back and try some of those harder targets.

Polnareff
12-26-2006, 04:51 PM
When I got the game on Christmas Eve and started playing and got to where you get Penelo in your party the first time I suffered my first defeat in the game at the hands of those damn werewolves. :(

Me: Hey! Two werewolves! I'll kill 'em and get the loot! Muhahahaha! Have a taste of my sw--
*my party dies in one hit*
Me: WTF? Noooooo! Dx

Leucant
12-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Zertinan, Feywood, Necrohool...

Also trying to fight those 2 werewolves in Giza at level 3 didn't go quite so well, same for Eastersand but
at least the Wild Saurian doesn't run after you!:(

Talking about going somewhere too early just WTF is that pink / purple horse with blue hooves and mane at the Necrohool ? Helvinek (? I think ). I bumped into it yesterday and the darn thing had 9,999 HP and healed itself!!! Had to run for cover with the darn thing teleporting itself in front of me the whole time!

Is it a mark ? A boss ? A rare fiend ?

Yeah this guy's rarity is really low. He appears once you've been inside the Necrohol for a certain amount of time everytime. I didn't find this place until I was lvl 45 so I didn't have too much trouble with it. My biggest problem was the damn random monster that appears and casts Annul on everyone. I haven't run into an area where I was underleveled yet because I've used Embroidered Tippits since Archades.

Renmiri
12-26-2006, 06:23 PM
I suffered my first defeat in the game at the hands of those damn werewolves. :(

Me: Hey! Two werewolves! I'll kill 'em and get the loot! Muhahahaha! Have a taste of my sw--
*my party dies in one hit*
Me: WTF? Noooooo! Dx

Hihi!

You described what happened to me word for word.

Necronopticous
12-26-2006, 06:33 PM
I went to the Feywood when I first had access and slowly leveled there until I was powerful enough to chain mirror knights and cerberuses easily.

DarkHeat787
12-26-2006, 10:16 PM
When I went over to the gate on the left path wondering how a monster was floating in an area off the map.

I was like, "Oh gawd that thing is Level 45!"

Vampyr ftw.

And then I died to Ba'Gamnan. xD

TRANS_AM409
12-27-2006, 01:39 AM
well i went into the zeltinia caverns in the place south of giza where the garif live dont remember what it was called, well i was on level19-20 and tried to fight that horse thing my main party was instantly anialated and as i fled with my other people (who were signifantly weaker) the horse kept teleporting infront of me. it sucked

Dreddz
12-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Ive only been to two areas that are above my level, Zertinan and Feywood. I went back to Zertinan before I went to fight the Elder Wyrm and found it to be the best area to level my characters. I rose from level 32 to level 40 in only an hour or two.

I think the developers fell into a trap, they tried to make the game non linear by letting people venture anywhere they want without ( many ) restrictions, this makes players unfairly die even if there careful. I felt cheated when I got killed by a group of werewolves when I first entered the Ozmone Plains to then have to go back to my save file several hours behind where I was.

ValiantKnight
12-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Btw not to ask for spoilers or anything, but in the westerlands(sp?) west of your starting city... theres a valley in the north east section of that map that the minimap gets all fuzzy in, and the opening scene of the area is a large Wild Saruian* type creature but he looks a little more defined.... I try to go in there, but it says a fierce sandstorm knocks me back.

Anything to this early in the game?(Currently crossing the sandsea as part of the story for the first time)... or should I ignore it til later.

Ouch!
12-27-2006, 11:20 PM
On my first play through, I ended up in a couple places before I was supposed to (most notably Zertinan), and I high-tailed it out of there as soon as I realized death was upon me.

On the second play through the higher level enemies didn't stop me from running through the Necrohol to pick up my Zodiac Spear at level 35. That was loads of fun.

six underground
12-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Btw not to ask for spoilers or anything, but in the westerlands(sp?) west of your starting city... theres a valley in the north east section of that map that the minimap gets all fuzzy in, and the opening scene of the area is a large Wild Saruian* type creature but he looks a little more defined.... I try to go in there, but it says a fierce sandstorm knocks me back.

Anything to this early in the game?(Currently crossing the sandsea as part of the story for the first time)... or should I ignore it til later.

i think you wait until you get back and you have to get something to get in there. :)

leader of mortals
12-28-2006, 05:58 PM
i went into nabudis at level 40 and tried to fight the monsters. Yeah. Then i just ran all the way to the zodiac spear only fighting monsters when the are alone.