PDA

View Full Version : School of Rock and Black.

Breine
12-23-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm just sitting here watching School of Rock on TV while remembering how great a movie it really is. I love Jack Black's performance in this movie, and he really gets to go crazy with his passion for classic rock music. Anyone who has heard Tenacious D knows how talented of a musician Mr. Black actually is (even though Tenacious D is just for fun).

Anyway, before I forget I have to make a topic and not just go all nuts about how much I like Jack Black:

What do you think of School of Rock, and more importantly what do you think of Jack Black?

Laddy
12-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Jack Black is a funny and likeable guy would a smart sense of humor. Also, he sets the fatc that you can be chubby and be one of the most like guys ever.

As for the flick, it's hilarious and no doubt a very enjoyable film with great music and totally likeable characters. :D

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm not crazy about Uncle Blackie. He did nothing to wow me in High Fidelity or Shallow Hal. But he seems like a pretty active guy in the realms of making music/films and has a pretty decent future in both

Xander
12-24-2006, 01:25 AM
I go *squee* over Jack Black. <3

School of Rock is great too. :D

Peter_20
12-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Jack Black rocks, as does the movie. :D

I loved the part when he stole lunch from the pupils. XD

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Jack Black is great, and School of Rock is probably his best movie. It equally expresses his passion for both music and acting, and it's highly accessible in its themes and humor.

XxSephirothxX
12-24-2006, 07:48 PM
I thought School of Rock was a solid comedy, and definitely let Jack Black shine as both a music-lover and a comedic actor, though it wasn't a great film. Black himself is a mixed bag. I think he did a good bit of damage to King Kong. He's just not a good actor for anything serious. He's fine in comedy, though. He was best in High Fidelity, by far. But since that's one of my favorite movies ever, I'm a bit biased. :p

eestlinc
12-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Not a fan of his movies or his music. But his enthusiasm is good, generally.

Sunny Day Suicide
01-07-2007, 01:34 AM
I dont really like Jack Black 'cause sometimes he is kind of corny but school of rock is good. Borat's better

Shoeberto
01-07-2007, 02:36 AM
Borat's better
Well, yeah, but they're so wildly different from each other that they can't really be compared.

JB is the shiz, by the way.