PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of the spirits within?

play-on-4eva
12-23-2006, 09:48 PM
so have you seen the film final fantasy the spirits within? if you have what do you think of it? i thought it was a really good film.

LunarWeaver
12-24-2006, 02:15 AM
I thought it was a mostly average sci-fi movie. It has enough good points that it merits at least one watch, though.

Roto13
12-24-2006, 04:09 AM
It was pretty and boring.

Drex
12-24-2006, 06:17 AM
Very pretty movie with a sub-par plot, fairly decent voice acting, poor writing, and one of the worst closing lines in the history of movies with spoken words. "Oh, it's warm!" Gimme a break.

Sefie1999AD
12-24-2006, 01:08 PM
The movie was a typical sci-fi film, and I think that was its biggest weakness. It didn't really have anything that could have made it stand out (except for the CGI visuals), and it didn't have much to attract the FF fans, either. I'm not saying it was a bad movie, but it could have been a lot better, considering the huge budget of the movie. I liked the ending, though.

BG-57
12-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Firstly, I think Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was a poor choice of name. The Spirits Within would have been a more suitable title.

Secondly, it was well animated. The visuals were gorgeous.

Thirdly, I liked the plot mainly when it didn't feel like a riff on Aliens. It's not fair, but that movie set the benchmark for space marines versus aliens, and anything made since then along the same lines feels derivative.

Despite the flaws, I found myself liking it, but not loving it.