PDA

View Full Version : Concerning the DS and Link Cables.

Madonna
12-24-2006, 05:02 AM
Simple, quick question: if I play FFTA on a DS, can I link with another handheld console (either GBA or DS) and how?

Dragonface
12-24-2006, 05:34 AM
Simple, quick question: if I play FFTA on a DS, can I link with another handheld console (either GBA or DS) and how?
The DS can play muti as they are wireless network, for GBA on the other-hand are require to also have a wireless adapter (ot get them you have to buy Pokémon Firered or Greenlefe) to play muti with a DS

Sam250
12-24-2006, 08:50 PM
The Wirerless addaptors do not fit in the DS, and im pretty sure the link cables don't work either (its been so long that i played Multiplayer with Wires...ahhh, the joys of the wireless DS). Anyway, while i havn't personally tryed to play GBA Multiplayer on my DS yet (having too much fun with DS Multiplayer (-: ), i reackon there will be some sort of cable or addaptor (probally 3rd Party equiptment) that allows you to play GBA multiplayer on your DS. Im not sure of that mind you, you'll have to look for it online.

EDIT:Dragonface, I see now that you were talking about GBA having a wirless addapter to play with the DS (which is already wirless). I thought you meant that to play GBA games wirlessly you on your DS you would need the GBA wirless addaptor, which does not fit in the DS. I'm pretty sure (i won't say i'm certian, as i've never tryed it myself) that your can't play GBA games on the DS (against another DS) useing the DS wirless system. Also, im pretty sure that a GBA with wirless addaptor connecting with a DS wouldn't work either. As i said, i havn't tried either, so i can't be certain.

I hope the above made sense, im not brilliant at explaing things...

Roto13
12-25-2006, 04:15 AM
Ok, the right answer? You cannot link two DS systems together for GBA multiplayer. Not with a wireless adaptor, not with the DS standard wireless features, not with a link cable. You just can't.

(Unless some unlicensed doohicky that I haven't heard of exists, but don't bet on it.)