PDA

View Full Version : digicam questions

Udon
12-24-2006, 10:31 PM
hi! i just bought a canon ixus 65, i just want to ask what is the best setting for taking pictures. i have a 1gb memstick but is it recommended to set it to large everytime or medium 1 would suffice?

is it necessary to turn-on red-eye reduction as i don't know its use.

and what is the most recommended shooting mode?

thanks!

Rye
12-24-2006, 11:26 PM
With my old Sony Point and Shoot 4.1 MP, I could fit 150 large JPEGs on my 256 MB memory stick, so I'm sure that since you have a much larger memory stick, 1GB, large JPEGs will be fine. But if you're not looking for amazing quality, but lots of photos, medium should be just fine. :)

As for shooting mode, depends on what you want. If you're just using it to take photos of yourself and others, automatic seems fine. I always liked to set mine to manual and set the ISO (200) a little higher for crisper images because I do photography, but that results in higher noise, so it really depends on what you wish to do with the camera.

But since you're mostly using it for photos of yourself and friends, I would suggest automatic with flash, which is perfectly fine for outside. Inside, you might need to play with manual if overly flashed images bother you.

EDIT: Having looked up your camera, I believe there's a Kids & Pets option? If you're using the camera for people, I'd recommend that.

Udon
12-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Thanks. How about portrait for people? It also has ISO 800 setting but I can't set it at auto or any other shooting modes other than manual. I don't know what the use of them.

For larger images, I'm thinking if I'll need them, I mean the large resolution is too big for my pc anyways.

Can you explain the red-eye reduction, it seems that it was set on automatically for shooting modes.