PDA

View Full Version : Don't you also tend to become sentimental every now and then?

Peter_20
12-25-2006, 12:34 PM
I often reflect about the good old days during the 90's, and it's a fact that they actually WERE much better in lots of ways.
The atmosphere of the 90's beats the atmosphere of the 2000's any day, and, well, for some reason the 90's just rocked.
This is no mere sentimental feelings; to me it's a fact that those times rocked a lot more in various aspects.

~*~Celes~*~
12-25-2006, 12:36 PM
I did the same, until I met Shadow Bahamut :lovers::kiss:. Meeting him taught me that with every passing day, changes happen. There's a reason for everything, even the bad stuff :)

Renmiri
12-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Awwww... Soo romantic and wise :love:

I'm a wet noodle, very sentimental. For me life isn't that fun when you get too cold to feel. Even the bad stuff. As Celes says, it usually has a silver lining or a lesson to be learned. Life without feeling is just too dull :D

PS: The 90's in US rocked: peace, prosperity, optimism, jobs.... No religious wackos on the government trying to tell me what to teach my kids, what to do in my private life, who can or can't marry.... Whoever voted those guys in power ? Oh, that's right, no one did :eep:

Dr Aum
12-25-2006, 03:57 PM
It's strange, but I really can't find myself getting sentimental about anything that happens (or happened) in "real life." Pop in a movie that's even tangentially touching, though, and I'll have to work hard to hold back tears.

Maybe it's because "real life" doesn't have a coordinated soundtrack.

Nominus Experse
12-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Yes

Renmiri
12-25-2006, 04:17 PM
It's strange, but I really can't find myself getting sentimental about anything that happens (or happened) in "real life." Pop in a movie that's even tangentially touching, though, and I'll have to work hard to hold back tears.

Maybe it's because "real life" doesn't have a coordinated soundtrack.

Are you a guy ?

I met a lot of people like you, usually guys. Men are not supposed to be sensitive, so they usually don't allow themselves to be sentimental, unless it is in movies or some "out of reality" situation.

Well, guy or gal, it shows you have a good heart inside you, it just needs some good cinematic drama to reach it ;)

Dr Aum
12-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Yes, I'm male, although for me to fit the male stereotype in any way is very rare. There's probably a good bit of truth to your comment, although I'd imagine that the whole willing suspension of disbelief thing also tends to let me find myself in a place where any hardness I've built up can be forgotten.

Thanks for your kind words.

Laddy
12-25-2006, 05:10 PM
I never fit the "Male Stereotype!" I've been mocked because I'm from Redneckville, TN, and I'm by no means a redneck! :) Oh, and yeah, sometimes I can be sentimental.

-N-
12-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I miss the 90s, especially when my young nephews' video games label Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan as "old school" basketball players and they scroll through my iPod and calling all my favorite music "old school".

Nevermind, that just makes me feel fucking old.

I do get sentimental, and if it matters, I am male.

ljkkjlcm9
12-25-2006, 07:30 PM
No... I hate everything and everyone always

THE JACKEL

Cz
12-25-2006, 07:41 PM
The 90's were no better than today, but I was younger and happier then than I am now, so I guess I do sort of see them as "the good old days". I get very sentimental about all sorts of things, and the past is one of them.

Crop
12-25-2006, 07:58 PM
No, instead of thinking of the past, and moaning about the good times that have gone and bad times that have passed, I think ahead.

Vikeve
12-25-2006, 08:28 PM
The 90's were a kick ass time but I'm perfectly fine with now.:)

NeoCracker
12-25-2006, 08:32 PM
The year 3000 is where its going to be, for that is when my reign as Emporor of the Milky way shall be completed. I think I may shed a tear when I accomplish this goal.