PDA

View Full Version : Winrar Help.

Dreddz
12-25-2006, 11:23 PM
I began downloading a torrent and randomly a little red x appeared next to the torrent I was downloading, it was still downloading however, when I looked at the files I was downloading ( it was a large files split into 30 or so parts ) the first 4 files said disc write error next to them. I didnt know what to do, so I stopped the torrent and started it up again, fortunately the little x went away and the torrent resumed downloading. When the torrent finished, I tried to extract the first file, like I always do, but a message came up saying the achive's format is unknown or is damaged. This happened with next 3 files I tried ( you can see where Im getting at ), but it worked with the fifth file I opened and the file came up, when I tried to extract it, it goes several percentage into extracting then an error message comes up again saying the archive is either an unknown format or is damaged. I went to the properties of these 4 files and the archive tab wasnt on them.

Im so confused, Ive explained the whole story. So can anyone give me some help ?

Roto13
12-25-2006, 11:39 PM
It probably screwed up when you were downloading it. Download it again.

Dreddz
12-25-2006, 11:41 PM
It probably screwed up when you were downloading it. Download it again.

No way, this was like a 4GB download that took me days to complete! I just dont understand how the disc write error came up and went away yet the problem is still there.

Theres got to be a way to fix this...

Roto13
12-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Then just re-download the borked parts.

Dreddz
12-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Maybe Ive drank too much this Christmas, I cant believe I didnt think of that. Thanks.