PDA

View Full Version : Started VII over after 10 years, i have a question...

Setharion
12-26-2006, 09:38 AM
I cant remember what linked and unlinked materias do...or the difference. Can someone shed the light? Been so long for me with this game that i just cant remember what a linked and unlinked one meant.

Silent Warrior
12-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Unlinked materias have nothing to do with each other. No effect aside from the prescribed one - Magic materia gets listed in the Magic-battle-menu, Summon materia in Summon, etc. Linking a Magic materia with, for example, an All materia, that magic will hit all targets (all enemies or all allies, never EVERYONE). Some combinations are pretty obvious - Counter and Cover linked means you'll probably see that character shield someone and then return the blow, Summon with MP Absorb means you'll get some MP back after the animation, Added Effect with Seal (on your weapon) will either Silence your opponent or put it to sleep (or whatever Seal does). I think that's pretty much all there is to say about it. Experiment!
Maybe a Newbie Hall somewhere puts it in a different light?

Setharion
12-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Ah yea...that helps bring it all back now, i just couldnt remember at all. Im a big time old schooler FF from the first on up, and VII was such a change from VI that i just really didnt give it the recognition it deserved back then...and i only went through it once which was when it came out, so i just remember practically nothing. Its like a new game all over again heh...but what you said helps me remember all that more now.

Heres another question for some of ya...any really worthwhile things to snag at the Gold Saucer, or moreso, items that arent too hard to get with a little time invested.

I dont want to rush through VII here like i did the first time, but im also trying to move along steadily and not spend too too much time on certain things.

Any suggestions for something to aim for in Golden Saucer?

Edit by Psychotic: Setharion, please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button instead. Thanks!

Silent Warrior
01-04-2007, 04:58 AM
All I ever bothered with was Battle Square. But you don't get at the good stuff until the final preparations. A Limit Break, fancy Materia... Chocobo-racing/breeding should be interesting, too. (NOT betting.) Should you get a gold chocobo, you'll be able to grab a few more Materias, get some gear and a Limit Break for Vincent.

Avarice-ness
01-04-2007, 05:45 AM
Wow, when I saw ten years, that made me feel -really- old. Then I realized it came out Sep 3, 1997 and now I feel old but less old.

Honestly I never worked well with the whole materia system 'cause I didn't have the attention span to have to buy materia and put it all together.

But *looks up* like that dude said get the gold choco. Plus Chocobo breeding and racing is all kinds of fun! The stupid 12 year old that I was made a stat book for it. :love:

feioncastor
01-04-2007, 06:53 AM
When breeding Chocobos, you may end up with a Blue one, a green one, even a black one. And it's actually black, unlike the purple ones that are often called "Black Chocobo" in other FF games. But one interesting thing is that the Gold Chocobo looks a lot like a regular yellow one, so if the color is off on your TV while trying to breed one, be sure to take the bird out and test him before assuming that it's not a gold one. I'm not certain of it, but I believe I released SEVERAL gold Chocobos because I thought I kept getting regular yellows.

Sucked. Stupid Zenith television. That thing was made in, like, 1981 and not capable of handling a glorious thing like FF7.