PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

I Am Stoner
12-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I have been thinking a lot and I have decided I am going to buy an Xbox 360. Can anyone recommend some games to me please? I'm going to get a bundle pack ith Gears Of War, but thats it.

Hope you had a great Christmas yesterday and enjoy the rest of your holidays!:D

Thanks for your help.

Timerk
12-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Are you planning on getting Oblivion? It is going to be the first game I get, no matter what system I end up buying (360 or PS3).

escobert
12-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Oblivion, Just Cause, Saint's Row, Enchanted Arms, Ninety Nine Nights, F.E.A.R.

Ryth
12-26-2006, 06:11 PM
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
F.E.A.R.
Enchanted Arms
Viva Pinata
Call Of Duty 2
Dead Rising
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

And keep an eye out for Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions, I think it comes out on January 12th in America and Europe.

XxSephirothxX
12-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Depends on your tastes, of course. I'm assuming you like shooters, since you're getting Gears of War. Here are my suggestions:

--Call of Duty 2 - Should be cheap now, and the campaign is really awesome. Also, good for splitscreen with a few friends.
--Call of Duty 3 - The campaign is somewhat boring compared to the first. Not as good. But the multiplayer, with 24 people online and no lag to speak of, is absolutely amazing. Really, really fun.
--Burnout Revenge - It's cheap now, and a damn fun racing game. Way better than NFS or any of that other stuff.
--Oblivion - Duh. Unless you dislike open-ended American RPGs, in which case shy away. Or if you're afraid of it sucking away your life. :p
--Dead Rising - You might want to wait on this one, since it's been out awhile and will probably drop in price soon. It's a fun game, though.
--Halo 2 - Still one of the best Live games.

When you get your 360 (make sure you go with the Premium) buy a Gold account. And then go onto the marketplace and download the demos that are available. From everything I've read, Ninety Nine Nights, Just Cause, and Enchanted Arms are not worth buying. F.E.A.R. is fun, but short enough to beat in a couple days if you rent it. Not worth 60 bucks.

Jowy
12-26-2006, 06:17 PM
You should buy Sneak King.

fantasyjunkie
12-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Oblivion, Saint's Row, Just Cause. Man, those 3 games have taken away so much of my time. Especially Just Cause and Oblivion!

Dreddz
12-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Oblivian
Project Gotham Racing 3
Dead Rising
Dead Or Alive 4
Viva Pinata

I own all of them except Viva Pinata, but I played it and it was pretty good.

The Shoeless Hobo
12-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Fight Night is an excellent ultra realistic game - especially if you're using a HD TV.

Overall with nmy experience, I recommend Call of Duty 2, Oblivion, Gears of War, Fight Night and Saint's Row.

I want to pick up Dead Rising, Pro Evo and Splinter Cell though.

Araciel
12-26-2006, 11:40 PM
so far the only games i've felt are worth owning are oblivion and saint's row...i bought dead rising, but it's more of a borrow/rent...and i haven't played gears of war yet, but everyone is raving about it

Elite Lord Sigma
12-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Buy Oblivion. Unless you dislike huge games with unlimited possiblities, this game will absorb nearly all of your time. According to the salesperson that my brother bought it from, he said, "That isn't a game. It's a lifestyle."

I've yet to play Gears of War, but I've heard nothing but acclaim for it. Get that, too.

ScummMonkey
12-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Advanced Warfighter and Oblivion are both advisable games. I don't think Oblivion is all an addicting game, its fun, but not addicting (to me, anyways). I guess im not a fan of completely non-linear RPG's. Gears of War is supposed to be great, Im getting it tommorow since ive heard so much great stuff about it.

escobert
12-27-2006, 02:49 AM
And make sure to get the warenty!!! buy from gamestop if possible. My buddy is on his 4th 360. He;s had 2 with CD rom problems, one actualy started scratching disks, another got really hot and would over heat and shut down every 5 minutes, and the other he had to mess with the video wires evreytime he started it.

I Am Stoner
12-27-2006, 03:09 AM
Don't worry. My mate has one and it works fine and has done since I bought it. But thanks for the advice dude, i'm definatly gonna do that.:D

XxSephirothxX
12-27-2006, 03:12 AM
Microsoft just extended the warranty to a full 1 year, so you (probably) won't have to worry about paying for repairs. The first round of consoles are always the worst, and while they won't be upgrading the chip until midway through next year, I imagine the consoles they're producing now are considerably less likely to break than those purchased in late 2005 and early 2006.

escobert
12-27-2006, 03:24 AM
Yeah but if you have the store warenty you just take it back and get a new one and my buddy got the 4 games it ruined back. You have to send it to microsoft which can be a bitch.

Madame Adequate
12-27-2006, 03:47 AM
Dead Rising
Oblivion
Hitman: Blood Money
Dead or Alive 4
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Once they arrive, both Lost Planet and Mass Effect look like being pretty sweet games, too. You say you're getting Gears of War as part of the deal - good. It's freaking amazing.

Edit: The disc scratching occurs if you change your system's orientation while a disc's inside. ie turn it from being flat to on the side. Don't do that, and they shouldn't get scratched.

escobert
12-27-2006, 03:58 AM
He didn't do that though. He did nothing except put his brand new Gears of War in and play. then a dick read error came up. He took out the disk it was scratched. went and got another GoW and that one became scrachted after 20 minutes of play. he then checked his other games and some had been scratched so he returned them and the system. He has it on a shelf lying flat and there is really no room to move it. He isn't the type of person to fuck with his :skull::skull::skull::skull: either, he's good about that sort of thing.