PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Train

Wuggly Blight
12-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Death in FFVI is seen to be pretty final so how DOES the train work within this? Does it truely ferry all souls to an afterlife or merely until they cease to be as a form of comfort? With the end of magic would the Phantom Train fade as well, specially if it was in truth an esper and what would be the results on death itself in the FFVI world.

Zechs
12-28-2006, 03:48 AM
Yes, that is its purpose. The living can be taken as well if their intenegince fails to trigger them to leave. It as an entity that takes the departed to the 'other side'. It doesn't require magic since its sole purpose is to take the dead to their final destination. It is to mechanicle to be an esper, so its not an esper. Its a train version of the Reaper, it just runs a set path.

blackmage_nuke
12-30-2006, 08:33 AM
I believe golem a mechanical esper, though i dont think the train is an esper either. I think it's like the ferry to take souls to the afterlife. Im not sure whether the train is for all souls including espers or only humans though.

-

Psychotic
12-31-2006, 09:07 PM
I think it's supposed to represent an updated version of Charon's ferry from Greek mythology. I don't think the train is magical, or an esper, so the destruction of magic wouldn't have any effect on it.

Avarice-ness
01-01-2007, 06:11 PM
I think it's supposed to represent an updated version of Charon's ferry from Greek mythology. I don't think the train is magical, or an esper, so the destruction of magic wouldn't have any effect on it.

I agree with that. The Phantom train just is.

In a way, the train would take all the departed, but if the train didn't exist via magic/espers, then in technicalities people couldn't die because they couldn't be departed to the other side. It'd be like that family guy episode with death.

Point is, I think the train is a higher power of it's own, I think it exists because humans exist, if there were no humans to die, then it would have no reason to exist and it's existance would end. :razz:

feioncastor
01-02-2007, 02:20 AM
Point is, I think the train is a higher power of it's own

And despite this power, the thing will completely shut down if it comes into contact with feathers from a young "Fenix".

blackmage_nuke
01-02-2007, 04:28 AM

And despite this power, the thing will completely shut down if it comes into contact with feathers from a young "Fenix".

Even big ghost trains of higher power can be ticklish.

-

Roto13
01-03-2007, 03:29 AM
Even big ghost trains of higher power can be suplexed.

Paladin229
01-06-2007, 03:38 AM
So more or less the wimpiest of all Ghost Trains then?

nik0tine
01-06-2007, 04:29 AM
I have always felt that FFVI's Phaton Train and VIII's doom train were one and the same, leading me to believe that the train is indeed an Esper.

It is to mechanicle to be an esper, so its not an esper.How then do you explain Alexander?

Avarice-ness
01-06-2007, 05:43 AM
Even big ghost trains of higher power can be suplexed.

Even big ghost trains of higher power can be ticklish.

-

You know when you get a misquito on you and it bites you and you're all "ARGRGRHH GET OFF!" and shoo it away and or smack it. That's what the party was too it. Hence it let you sit in the room with the save point, let you off, pick up Cyans family and leave, the only time it actually stopped moving was to pick them up. So Fenix did nothing but annoy it.

It wasn't really shut down at all or it would have stopped moving,
It was just annoyed by the party trying to mess with it's levers. Hey, I would be too if I had levers that could mess with how I function. :(

Roto13
01-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Just because it didn't stop, that doesn't mean it wasn't suplexed. :P

Avarice-ness
01-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Just because it didn't stop, that doesn't mean it wasn't suplexed. :P

Okay, it -can- be suplexed but it only let you do that for entertainment purposes. :razz:

blackmage_nuke
01-06-2007, 10:17 AM
It's also one of the few bosses in the game that can be slashed

(that i know of)

-