PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Console

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-26-2006, 08:37 PM
What do you think of the Wii's virtual console? I can't comment on the virtual console because I don't have a Wii yet but when I get one I'm going to download Super Mario RPG I haven't played that game before.

Roto13
12-26-2006, 08:48 PM
You'll have to wait for that game to be released for the Virtual Console first.

Timber Maniac
12-26-2006, 11:28 PM
The initial line-up doesn't excite me much. I'm glad to see cult favorites like Gunstar Heroes and Ristar make a comeback, but for the most part all I see are well established classics that all of us have already played hundreds of times.

I would love to see more obscure titles like Ogre Battle 64, and any Japanese games that have not been translated make thier way to the Wii, but considering only ten games per month are being released out of such a huge lineup, I doubt we'll ever see that.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-27-2006, 05:03 AM
I'd like to see some games developed by Rare on the virtual console too like GoldenEye 007.

Roto13
12-27-2006, 05:08 AM
That one's iffy. The Bond license isn't owned by Nintendo OR Rare any more. I think JKTrix mentioned somewhere that they're working on it, though.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-27-2006, 05:35 AM
Yeah I know the Bond license is owned by Activision and I think the engine for GoldenEye 007 is owned by Rare which belongs to Mircosoft.

So Nintendo would have to pay a large sum of money to both Activision and Mircosoft to acquire GoldenEye...or something like that.

I'm not sure I read the article on IGN about Nintendo being interested in acquiring GoldenEye for the virtual console but that was several weeks ago.

Khaotic
12-27-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm currently not interested in any of the games. I'm waiting for A link to the past(zelda).

ValkyrieWing
12-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Two words. TURBO GRAFIX!!!!

Araciel
12-27-2006, 08:57 AM
of course you'd say that..

i think that all the rare gems will be sadly overlooked, which is why i'm not lamenting not having a wii at this point...if the lineup does start to feature a lot of good, obscure titles, i'll definatly go for it

Rainecloud
12-27-2006, 03:17 PM
When they release Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, I'll download them. I have those games on the special collector's edition Gamecube disc, but the pause menu is screwed up. After all, who wants to wait an extra 1.3 seconds for the items menu to load up when you're repeatedly taking your Iron Boots on and off in the Water Temple? Not me, that's for sure.

:p