PDA

View Full Version : Oh man...I suck at this game...

Jessweeee♪
12-27-2006, 01:02 AM
Well, got FFIII for Christmas yesterday, and around the time I left...oh...can't remember, the first town...the monsters were suddenly wiping out my two-man party in a few hits! I've got it quicksaved immedeately after I'm able to assign jobs, and I'm doing much better, but for awhile there, it was horrible!

atlanteay
12-27-2006, 01:10 AM
really? those monsters should be able to die from one hit.

Hambone
12-27-2006, 01:45 AM
I got it for Christmas too! Only I'm much farther than you. I'm fixing to fight Hein. For that part in the beginning, round up the whole party and then go fight.

NINJA_Ryu
12-27-2006, 03:19 AM
Im right after Hein actually, and experienced little problem, other than my "minimum saving complex" resulting in many game overs :(

although, searching for a way to continue the quest

vorpal blade
12-27-2006, 10:09 AM
I got it for Xmas, too! :D
I just left wherever Cid lives to that mountain, where some birds told me with very harsh beaks that I should level up.

I think I'm starting to understand the job system (kinda like FFI but you get to change jobs in between battles), but I can see no reason why I shouldn't make everyone a red mage.

cecil+rosa
12-27-2006, 02:07 PM
i got it for christmas to im at that guy in the water
i forget what hes called but the vikings what you to kill it it looks like a sea monster and he hits in the 5000s
and im going crazy how come i cant beat him

Jessweeee♪
12-27-2006, 03:59 PM
I have a white mage, a black mage, a red mage, and a warrior :P
Anyways, I got my full party and I've leveled up a little, so I'm okay except for the lack of phoenix downs.

Zeromus_X
12-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Remember to save the Phoenix Downs for bosses.

NINJA_Ryu
12-27-2006, 04:32 PM
I dont save phoenixes, i use em whenever i need em!

So right now, im in Amur, with my much coveted Dark Knight BM, WM, and Monk combo team

Come on Black belt, Magus and WM equivelant!

Shlup
12-29-2006, 04:14 AM
This game is pissing me off.

ljkkjlcm9
12-29-2006, 04:24 AM
i got it for christmas to im at that guy in the water
i forget what hes called but the vikings what you to kill it it looks like a sea monster and he hits in the 5000s
and im going crazy how come i cant beat him

you're not suppose to fight him, you're suppose to go along the grass to the shrine, shrink, and fight in there.

I'm kinda dissapointed in my monk. He has by far my highest class level, but he isn't as strong as I thought he'd be. I'm right before going to fight Hein, and I'll prolly change him to the scholar for that fight at least. Just upgraded my warrior to a knight, other two are white mage/black mage. My very expert tip is, do not equip ice/fire/light rods. Have both your white and black mage use the item in battle. This makes the white mage a good damage dealer, and saves MP on your black mage!

THE JACKEL

auhin
12-29-2006, 04:23 PM
I got it for Christmas.
Right now, I'm at the Cave of Tides. Kraken pwnd me.
My party: Monk, Knight, Black Mage, White Mage. All level 20, job levels vary.

ljkkjlcm9
12-29-2006, 05:03 PM
haha I died at kraken too, even though I dominate the cave. I just had my knight with two shields defend, the other 3 had yellow HP. My monk hits 12 times an attack now, and my two mages both used light rods. Cave was easy. Healed before Kraken, I was doing well, until he used blizzara twice on my entire party, that was the end of that.

THE JACKEL

Demon Lancer
12-29-2006, 06:36 PM
ew... How can you have 1 fighting calss and 3 magic clasess :( warrior is yay white mage yay black mage yay.... but if you ahve both whats the point of a red mage? you shouldd get rid of it and have another warrior, a mork or a thief.

Peter_20
12-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Did you equip yourself?
Unequipped characters will find a Goblin to be a challenge. :p

cecil+rosa
12-30-2006, 04:12 PM
i say let there be pie

cecil+rosa
12-30-2006, 04:24 PM
i also say it doesnt matter if you save pheonix downs theres always a way to win except in ff4 if yer lvl is to low when you go inside the robot but in this there is always a way. ALWAYS A WAY!