PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck and need some questions answered

Hambone
12-27-2006, 01:33 AM
I got the DS version yesterday for Christmas and I'm fixing to go fight Hein...again. :( Here are some questions that I have about this and other features on the game.

1. What level should I be on right now?

2. Who should have which job right now in order to beat him the easiest?

3. which jobs should I be using at the very end of the game? I plan on having a knight, sage, dragoon, and black belt. I think I'm going too offensive.

4. Is getting onion knight worth it and is it really recommended?

5. What level should I be on at the end when I fight Cloud of Darkness?

6. I really don't want a summoner. Is it really a necessity?

7. How do you think Ingus should be? A mage or fighter. I see him more as a fighter.

I'll think of more questions later.

NINJA_Ryu
12-27-2006, 03:24 AM
1. I was currently in my 18-20

2. It says scholar can find his weakness, so that would help you (I personally had a BM, monk, Knight, and White mage and BARELY survived it, i was so relieved, my last save was 3 hours prior.)

3. You had GOT to have a person with white magic, some late BM is good, a good defence, good attack doesnt hurt, its pretty mych up to you.

4. Ionno, not really going for it

5.Cloud of Darkness? Dont know, dont tell me!

6. Not at all though some of the summons are pretty nifty.

7. Well, he was a soilder, and i made him my warrior/knight. but at the time you get all 4, they all start out the same! Make him a bard :P

GOOD LUCK!

KH-Cloudy
12-27-2006, 06:10 AM
Scholar
Knight Magus Sage OK
Yes
No
Any

Hambone
12-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Okay, thank you.

Zeromus_X
12-28-2006, 12:32 AM
1. What level should I be on right now?

It's been awhile since I last played that part, but I don't think I was over level 20-22 at the most.

2. Who should have which job right now in order to beat him the easiest?

Well, the game leads you to use a Scholar, but a Geomancer is also perfectly effective (you can even get a lucky Shadowflare).

3. which jobs should I be using at the very end of the game? I plan on having a knight, sage, dragoon, and black belt. I think I'm going too offensive.

That party would work, although changing your Sage to a Devout would be recommended to maximize your recovery power.

4. Is getting onion knight worth it and is it really recommended?

It's worth it only if you're a completionist. If you want to really level them up to level 99, then they become the strongest class in the game, but this is only if you have to do everything.

5. What level should I be on at the end when I fight Cloud of Darkness?

With a good healer, anything in the 50s range is fine.

6. I really don't want a summoner. Is it really necessity?

Not at all. Although the effects of summons are helpful, you are much better off with a White Mage or Bard for your recovery and status effect needs. Offensive spellcasters are also not a necessity, and grow stale after awhile.

7. How do you think Ingus should be? A mage or fighter. I see him more as a fighter.

Logically, since he's a Sasune soldier, he would be a melee fighter of some sort, but any character can be any class proficiently.

Hambone
12-28-2006, 03:00 AM
Where would be the best place for me to train right now for the battle? I'm at level 18. (all characters)

Zeromus_X
12-28-2006, 03:24 AM
I guess inside Hein's Castle would be the best. But you really shouldn't need to level up that much. Really, the Salamander is much tougher than Hein.

NINJA_Ryu
12-28-2006, 07:09 AM
True, As with my previous Hein story, i could beat him (barely, laughed long and merrily when i did) at 18 withotu a scholar. The thing about Hein is, you cant save, so you had better stock up pretty well and save before you get to the city.

After Hein though, you start facin some intresting challenges, and if you stick with em, you can have some good levels under your belt pretty quickly.

Hambone
12-28-2006, 07:20 AM
m'kay.

NINJA_Ryu
12-29-2006, 02:58 AM
As this is becoming the stuck thread, I must ask

How do get past gold manor? Im stuck ><

ljkkjlcm9
12-29-2006, 04:31 AM
I find it funny that right now, my knight has the least HP, then my monk, then my white mage... and my black mage has the most HP, and they've been these classes (knight was warrior) since the beginning. I haven't seen much affect at all of class on HP... is it just me?

Gold manor.... hmm trying to remember back to my ROM playing... Whenever I got stuck, I searched for hidden passages... so that's my suggestion!

THE JACKEL

NINJA_Ryu
12-29-2006, 04:33 AM
Nope. i seem to have the same luck.

Hidden passage? gah! this is frustrating :(

Hambone
12-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Return to Amur, stay at the inn to restore the party's h.p and m.p, then travel south to the desert. Go east through thr desert, then angle north toward the house located on the map. Welcome to Goldor Manor!

Okay, I beat Hein and guess who I'm stuck on now...Kraken. I know how to beat him, but leveling up is so boring!!!:(

NINJA_Ryu
12-29-2006, 05:46 PM
:( Kraken was another one that I didnt have problems with, though one or two of myguys died i think :(

I dont know if I am using the most "cheap" or "easy" class set (WM,BM,M,W) but i had few of these problems. The largest ones i had were map wise, and finally getting past goldor manor!

Zeromus_X
12-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Do you have a Ranger? You can make Kraken really hurt if you use a Ranger with Rapidshot and Lightning Arrows (this will also take care of most of the water-based enemies in the Water Shrine).

Demon Lancer
12-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Ingus has had more hp and strength than anyone else in my party since the begining of the game, plus he is a soldier so im pretty sure he was intended to be a melee class

Hambone
12-29-2006, 10:50 PM
My party is as follows:

Ingus: Warrior Lv. 21
Refia: White Mage Lv. 21
Luneth: Warrior Lv. 21
Arc: Black Mage Lv. 21

What level should I be on for Kraken at the least?

ljkkjlcm9
12-29-2006, 11:25 PM
I beat Kraken with a level 20 knight, monk, white mage, black mage.
I really don't like your party... no offense. Class levels make a difference though too

My knight is level 19, monk level 42, white mage level 33, black mage level 33. Knight obviously lower cause he's newer. My monk hits 12 times an attack, that's massive damage. Have black mage use thundara every round. White mage used Cura on party, restored around 300hp each cure(gets better as class levels). Knight would attack with a blood sword and shield. Why a shield? Well knight's cover physical attacks for those low in health. When my white mage got below 100 my knight guarded him, taking less damage cause of the shield, and everytime he attacks he restores health with the blood sword. It's a great party.

THE JACKEL

Hambone
12-29-2006, 11:49 PM
I plan on my party by the end of the game to consist of:

Ingus: Dragoon (spears are awesome)
Luneth: Knight
Refia: Devout
Arc: Black Belt or Ninja

undnce
12-29-2006, 11:51 PM
Arc: Black Belt or Ninja
I would use ninja

ljkkjlcm9
12-30-2006, 12:16 AM
if only they changed nothing from the original... ninja ninja sage sage... ultimate party!

THE JACKEL

Hambone
12-30-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm at the temple of time right now and my party is as follows:

Ingus: Lv. 31, Dragoon
Refia: Lv. 31, White Mage
Luneth: Lv. 31, Warrior
Arc: Lv. 31, Black Mage

Is this okay? Should I level up more?

Zeromus_X
12-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Your levels are just fine, just beware that most of the monsters there can wipe you out regardless (Lightning spam...). I'd suggest a Thief, as well as being an offensive powerhouse at that point (have you come across a Behemoth Knife yet?), they can unlock the doors in the Temple of Time without using Magic Keys (though, Magic Keys aren't terribly expensive anyway).

ljkkjlcm9
12-31-2006, 12:45 AM
Hambone... no offense dude, but you have the guide, and you always ask if your levels are ok. My advice to you is to not always ask that. Play the game, if you die, level up more then try again. My other suggestion, use whatever party you want at any point. If you want to use 4 white mages, use 4 white mages. You can beat the game with 4 white mages. Some parties may be more useful at certain times, but doesn't mean you have to use it. I didn't have a scholar for Hein. I didn't make my fighting class characters mages when I was tiny. All things you prolly should do, but I didn't. Do what you want. Just play the game and have fun, and if it's hard, level up! If that doesn't work and your strategy is just the suck, then feel free to ask for help! You have my friend code, just send me a letter or something!

THE JACKEL

Hambone
12-31-2006, 01:56 AM
Only 72 pages of the guide is the walthrough out of 174. The guide doesn't tell you what level you're to be on and was poorly written. I have one last question: Where is a good place for me to level up now? I'm at Lv. 34 and fixing to enter the cave of shadows. I need to be at level 43.

NINJA_Ryu
12-31-2006, 02:20 AM
Hambone, I would have to agree with jackal, you really dont need our advice to level up. go to the most difficult place with the most difficult monsters, and level up, it will take time, but it will be worth it.

Now that i think of it, it is plausible (highly unlikely) that you can get lvl 99 in every class, due to no class requirements unlike in the tatics series. (whoever has that patience, hats off to you)

Hambone
12-31-2006, 04:16 AM
It's not hard to do that. Just go to Altar Cave, get in a fight, guard with everyone for about 20 turns, and then you'll have gained 3 job levels, so it says in the guide.

ljkkjlcm9
12-31-2006, 04:34 AM
you can only gain 1 job level a battle, at least that's what I've gathered. And it also depends on the class.

Hambone, you don't have to be level 43. You may have a hard time below 43, but you don't have to be that level. Some people may prefer being 53 at that point, some can do it at 33, but it doesn't matter.

BTW, that's the type of guide that I like. One that doesn't tell you how to play the game just gives you all the information so you can make the decisions yourself. Goes into detail about each class and their attributes and abilities. Lists items, has maps. But it doesn't say levels you should be at. I hate when guides do that. It's quite obvious what level to be... if it's easy, you're prolly overleveled, if it's mediocre you're good, if it's hard, level up some. That's how you play an RPG(at least the first time... then you have challenge play throughs and such).

THE JACKEL

Hambone
12-31-2006, 06:07 AM
Oh yeah, you're right. It was a theory. So, if I'm at lv. 36 right now, would I have a really hard time with this area right now?

ljkkjlcm9
12-31-2006, 08:28 AM
prolly, I believe that's the cave where enemies split when you attack them, making dark knight very significant

THE JACKEL

Hambone
12-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah. I fought those in the Ancient Ruins, without a dark knight. I just need to kill them in one physical attack with either Luneth or Ingus like I did in Ancient Ruins. Also, I leveled up to 40 and got Leviathan...first try too!

Crystal_Clear
12-31-2006, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't even waste time with a scholar, because that's a turn that you could have used a Geomancer's terrain for 500+ damage. You don't have to have a Geomancer, just three characters that do steady damage and one to heal. Bam.

...but I'd still recommend one.

edit: most in part because the terrain command ignores his resistances completely, so you can't go wrong.

Hambone
12-31-2006, 11:24 PM
Uhh...I already beat Hein. I'm trying to beat Doga and Unei. What level do you guys always beat them at or recommend? I'm at lv. 46 on all characters. I lost when I was on lv. 44.

Crystal_Clear
12-31-2006, 11:47 PM
Didn't read thread, and lack of post dates didn't help. I'm not that far.

ljkkjlcm9
01-01-2007, 01:44 AM
Hambone, please stop asking for advice on what level to be. 44 wasn't high enough right? Did you get destroyed or was it a close battle. If it was close 46 may be good enough, if not, level up more. Seriously, this should be something you can figure out yourself.

THE JACKEL

Hambone
01-01-2007, 02:12 AM
It's not. I'm trying to make this as easy as possible and you're not helping!

ljkkjlcm9
01-01-2007, 04:41 AM
You want to make it as easy as possible? Get to level 99 before doing anything else.

C'mon man, I just don't think you need to ask advice on what level to be. If it's hard level up, and it's easy, you're a good enough level. If you're literally stuck and can't figure out what to do next, that's understandable to ask for help. Asking what level to be every time you enter a dungeon is getting absurd... seriously!

THE JACKEL

Hambone
01-01-2007, 04:44 AM
Yay. I'm on Cloud of Darkness. It beat me twice and I was on level 57/58 both times I tried to beat her. I have a knight, dragoon, black belt, and devout. Should I switch jobs and have another healer instead of a black belt? What is the fastest method/trick to leveling up to 62? If I continued to have the same jobs now, what should I do wth each of my characters during the whole fight? About what level do you reach near 4000 h.p? I'm sorry if these questions n anyway, but I'm frustrated and really need them answered without complaining of my stupidity.