PDA

View Full Version : MMO Game on Wii /or DS, Possible Next Year! Or at least soonish... (MapleStory-Wii)

Tidus Andronicus
12-27-2006, 04:41 AM
Got a nice little bit of news for you all today!

Source:
http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200612/25/200612252114507839900090409041.html

Nintendo's Wii console, which is available in Japan and the U.S., is not yet available in Korea. Mr. Iwata said that the Korean-language version of the Wii will be available late next year. "We will begin sales after localization is complete," he said. "We plan to actively support Korean game software developers who have great expertise in developing online games and support their advances into foreign markets." Nintendo has just begun developing games with the Korean game company Nexon.

The overview of that article, basically Nintendo is partnering with the creators of the popular Korean MMO game, Maple Story (as well as a few other online games): Nexon. Nintendo is also planning to release the DS lite in Korea early next year, and the Wii later in the year there... Since Korea's videogame industry is mainly PC games, and most of those are MMO games, Nintendo has desided to partner with Nexon for some possible MMO action on DS and even Wii in the near future. It even sounds like Nintendo wants to bring those games to other regions.

A DS version of Maple Story has been rumored for almost a year or so now, and this new partnership seems to confirm the MS fan's hopes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MapleStory_DS

I just hope this leads to some good Korean style MMO games on the Wii, this system just cries out for some MMO love. XD And Nintendo seems to be setting themselves up for a great future in the Online department.

Roto13
12-27-2006, 04:47 AM
I really don't like MMORPGs, but I guess it's nice that they might be available.

Tidus Andronicus
12-27-2006, 05:02 AM
I don't always have enough time to play many MMOs these days... but I think I'd be able to easier if it was on the Wii. lol

Besides, wheather u like Maple Story or not, or even if u dont like most MMO games... Nintendo partnering with Nexon, means their at least heading in a good Online direction... Nintendo might learn a thing or 2 about making good online games from these guys.

Although, If a good MMO DOES come out for Wii, I hope they use the USB ports for an external HDD, MMO games need a place to store the updates, otherwise they can be quite buggy... =/ Plus a Keyboard/microphone would be quite useful... no need for a mouse since the Wiimote is a perfect replacement! lol

Markus. D
12-27-2006, 07:10 AM
TALES WEAVER DS :D!

I'd so buy that!

:D!

:DDDDD

Tidus Andronicus
12-28-2006, 04:08 AM
Woah, I haven't heard of Tales Weaver until now, but it looks neat. I like the top down MMO look, reminds me of RO... lol
Course I can never judge a game till I play it... seems like most of them always have somethign wrong. =/

I was a fan of RO, then ROSE, then MS... lol and a whole hell of a lot of little ones in between. But I really want a good MMO on the consoles.

Even so, a good version of Animal Crossing, with easier online features, would suit me just fine, i suppose.

Markus. D
12-28-2006, 04:14 AM
Woah, I haven't heard of Tales Weaver until now, but it looks neat. I like the top down MMO look, reminds me of RO... lol
Course I can never judge a game till I play it... seems like most of them always have somethign wrong. =/

I was a fan of RO, then ROSE, then MS... lol and a whole hell of a lot of little ones in between. But I really want a good MMO on the consoles.

Even so, a good version of Animal Crossing, with easier online features, would suit me just fine, i suppose.

it would totally suit the DS perfectly!

my actual only problem with it is that the sound for some of the part is awful.

hmmm. I wonder how they will allow keyboard-ish writing?

Tidus Andronicus
12-28-2006, 04:37 AM
hmmm. I wonder how they will allow keyboard-ish writing?
I'm guessing they'll just keep using somethign like an on screen keyboard... but then again, developers easilly have access to the USB ports on the Wii, so they could come out with a keyboard, and even a HDD if they wanted too.

escobert
12-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Guild Wars is the only worth wile MMO ;) and it's staying with PC only :p

Jowy
12-28-2006, 06:31 PM
If they actually had a working MMO on a handheld, it would be chaotic. I don't think my Lite would ever leave one of my hands.