PDA

View Full Version : Don't you think this stuff would greatly increase the relay value?

Peter_20
12-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Alright, I've always been a Goldeneye 007 freak (that goes for both the movie and the video game), and right now I've become obsessed with the game anew.
You know why?
Because I've found some very secret details in the game; the most interesting one would be the fact that it exists a completely "new" Arena on Multiplayer: Citadel.
You see no signs of it in the game, but it IS there, and it's even got its own musical theme!

I think this is a great way to increase the replay value: by hiding lots of really secret, unoffical details in the games, details that can only be accessed by using Gamesharks or similar decoding devices.
You shouldn't hear anything of it in the real game, but the additions should be extremely hidden so that you can only find out about them on the Internet somehow.

I'd like more games to hide cookies like this in their memory, because this way you'll suddenly find out about them and just feel the gameplay revive again. :)

Craig
12-27-2006, 12:13 PM
That's a good idea. Although, due to the swarm that is the internet community, those secrets would most likely become not so secret within days of the game's launch.

Peter_20
12-27-2006, 12:43 PM
That's a good idea. Although, due to the swarm that is the internet community, those secrets would most likely become not so secret within days of the game's launch.That's true, and it's a great problem.

An alternative would be to release new copies with extra levels, built with exactly the same game engine. :cool:

Bunny
12-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Randomly generated bonus dungeon. Depending on the length of each level, the total floor number will vary. If a floor takes upwards of 45 minutes to complete, do not make one hundred seperate floors of said length. That is stupid and I will be angry.

The boss of the dungeon is chosen from a group of, to throw a number out, a dozen bad guys. The dungeon may be completed however many times you want, however, every time you beat one boss, you cannot face him again until you have faced all the other available bosses. Rewards for each boss are worthwhile and unique to that specific boss.

This of course only works for Role-Playing games. All other genres are SUCKY.

>=|

P.S. Requiring gameshark to do anything in a game is lame. Releasing new copies of games that have added levels and nothing more is not cost effective and would piss everyone off. You cannot beat the flow of information. It just will not ever happen as long as word of mouth is an appropriate form of information gathering.

Verdi666
12-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Well, in super mario 64 there is a very very secret chess board room that even the gamers at NGamer have been abvle to acsess and I kniow how!!!! Hahahahhahahah

Jowy
12-29-2006, 10:57 PM
Well, in super mario 64 there is a very very secret chess board room that even the gamers at NGamer have been abvle to acsess and I kniow how!!!! Hahahahhahahah

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/psycho_mantis/orly.jpg

Dr Aum
12-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Or, you know, it could just be a game in which playing through the normal mode a number of times is enjoyable each time. Or add a level editor.