PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Help!

Jessweeee♪
12-27-2006, 04:20 PM
My friend let me borrow Phantasy Star Unisverse for the PS2 and I've been playing story mode.

Problem is, I can't save on my memory card!

I tried, but I couldn't, so I figured maybe I didn't have enought space. I pop in my brother's card and save it, then go back and delete some things on my card (discovering that one of my unimportant FFXII files had been corrupted when I attempted to save) and then copied. Of course THAT data became corrupt and I had deleted the information on my brother's card.

I asked him this morning if he'd mind if I used it for this game, and of course the little bitch said no. He said one of his Madden files became corrupt.

I should mention that my memory card is 16mb and not sony brand, while my brother's is 8mb and IS Sony. My brother used to have a 64mb card the same brand as mine, but one day all the data just went poof, which has me scared.

Craig
12-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Don't use unofficial memory cards. It always ends badly.

Dreddz
12-27-2006, 05:34 PM

Not really, I have tons of memory cards, half of which are none sony branded, and none have crapped up on me.

Jessweeee♪
12-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Yeah, that's what I figured the problem was, but data was corrupted on the sony card as well.
I've also noticed that some games act funky when trying to access memory cards larger than the standard 8mb

Craig
12-27-2006, 05:52 PM

Not really, I have tons of memory cards, half of which are none sony branded, and none have crapped up on me.

You lucky boy!

Jessweeee♪
12-27-2006, 09:07 PM

Which brand? How long have you had them?

Polnareff
12-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah I have a Kemco 8MB memory card (Kemco's accessories aren't necessarily the best) and I've had it for the past 5-6 years, and only two files have ever become corrupted on it, both due to either my stupidity or my guests' stupidity. So I'm pretty lucky too.

If this problem persists you might wanna get a new memory card. If that's not what you wanna hear then I'm sorry, but I don't know another way to do it.

Jessweeee♪
12-28-2006, 06:34 AM
Yeah...I guess so. I love my pretty platinum colored card ;.;

Dreddz
12-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Listen people, Memory Cards dont screw up, its something they dont do, if it is buggered you must of purposely trashed it, as theres no way it'll do it by itself.

It might be the actual PS2, I dont know if its possible that the console is the problem, but you should check it it out anyway.

Markus. D
12-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Dont forget. if you buy it from a legit retailer.

and they sell it to you.

they are considered up to par with Sony by them. ("a little thing called lawyers")

Jessweeee♪
12-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Hmm....a little something else I noticed.

I tried saving on a memory card (same brand as mine, 64mb) that was totally empty (so I wouldn't ruin any more files) and, of course, I coudn't. I tried again, and it said the data may have been damage and asked if I wanted to deleted. I said yes, and the delete failed as well.

Frozen Phantom
01-03-2007, 10:27 PM
The only files of mine that ever became corrupt were soul cailbur 3, and thats only when I take like a month off of playing it.

Jessweeee♪
01-06-2007, 01:54 AM
OKAY! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Any memory card larger than the standard 8mb acted funny on some games (and loaded/saved slowly on ALL of them), but I went out and got TWO cards (both 8mb) and everything was fine. There's still the mystery of why one of my brother's files got messed up...
The memory card I used to save is now reserved for the games that do that crap.