PDA

View Full Version : USB 2.0 ports computersarghgrr

Xander
12-27-2006, 05:01 PM
More problems for you awesome techy people here ;_;

I got this WinTV thing todaaay. So I'm meant to get digital TV channels on my PC, woot. But it seems to kinda suck. I didn't notice that it says it needs a USB 2.0 port. Well I thought it may just run slower on USB 1. It all set up ok and stuff but then I tried to tune to pick up the channels and it wouldn't pick them up..then it had a message about needing usb 2.0 port to stream video stuff....

As my computer only has USB 1 ports, I guess that I need to buy a USB 2.0 hub or extra ports or whatever to connect.

But in my instructions, it says "Due to power and bandwidth requirement, we do not recommend connecting the unit into a USB Hub. Connect the WinTV-Nova-T-Stick to the USB connection of your computer."

Okay, so that sounds like I have to have a USB 2.0 port directly on my computer already...but I don't ;_; Do I need to buy one and actually install it inside the computer? Anyone got any experience with WinTV? thanks.. ;__;

crono_logical
12-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Okay, so that sounds like I have to have a USB 2.0 port directly on my computer already...but I don't ;_; Do I need to buy one and actually install it inside the computer?Yes, you buy a USB2 expansion card (usually a PCI card) and install it inside the PC, so the USB2 ports come out of the back of the case with all the other ports :p

Must be an old machine to not have USB2 though :p

Xander
12-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Only a few yearsss.. I think ;_;

In my device manager I have 2 that say "SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller" and 2 that say USB root hub.. so I guess no 2. PCI card doesn't sound so bad though...I guess I can get someone to help with it. Why do computers outdate so quickly, it feels like only yesterday... ;_;