PDA

View Full Version : Ragnacrack Online.

Jowy
12-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Everyone's heard of Ragnarok Online at one point or another. The adorable little Korean levelgrinder which is basically a meaningless hat contest. I just started playing again on a high-rate private server that I don't think I'm allowed to link to, and I was curious if anyone else shares the love for this game. I'm currently playing a cheapass instacast High Wizard and agi-based Falcon Sniper.

Dr Aum
12-27-2006, 05:48 PM
It was my first MMORPG. I've played it three times in total.

Very fond memories. Mostly.

EDIT: I've tried Priest, Wizard, and Assassin. I enjoyed them all.

Khaotic
12-27-2006, 05:49 PM
High rate PK servers are the way to go.

Araciel
12-28-2006, 12:14 AM
still debating whether or not to bother DL'ing it....looks pretty cutesy and it would sound quite a good timewaster

escobert
12-28-2006, 09:46 AM
why would you not be able to link to it?

Roogle
12-28-2006, 10:05 AM
I'd love to join in this round of Ragnarok Online, but I simply can't; my special class is High Wizard with a slower cast.

escobert
12-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Oh ad I can't seem to get my RO to work :(

Bunny
12-28-2006, 12:14 PM

Because it is a private server?

I have played the game once. And that was about all I could handle. Back when they had the free trial going for it, I downloaded it and tried it out. I was overrun with people stealing my kills and that annoyed me to the point where I didn't want to even finish out the free trial.

I'd give it a try again, but I'm all busy with World of Warcraft.

I played an Assassin. Or a thief. Whatever.

Jowy
12-28-2006, 01:27 PM
I'd love to join in this round of Ragnarok Online, but I simply can't; my special class is High Wizard with a slower cast.

That's no excuse! Low dexterity will fix that right up!

Oh ad I can't seem to get my RO to work :(

Message me when I'm around on IRC and I'll see if I can help you.

Markus. D
12-28-2006, 01:36 PM
despite the over-edited High-rate server of Ceres.

the Low Rate has the Episode Quests.

which is the ONLY reason I still play it.

I cant get past the Lighthalzen Somatology episode where *SPOILER* dies :(

My favourite class among everything is Soul-Linker.

Khaotic
12-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Low rates are boring, especially when in risk of a character wipe at any given time on a private server.

Depending on the server, the best class is simply Creator or Whitesmith, sometimes even Paladin if used right, for PVP. I would like to try a PVP Gunslinger when I figure out where to DL sakray and KRo.

escobert
12-28-2006, 01:49 PM

Because it is a private server?

I have played the game once. And that was about all I could handle. Back when they had the free trial going for it, I downloaded it and tried it out. I was overrun with people stealing my kills and that annoyed me to the point where I didn't want to even finish out the free trial.

I'd give it a try again, but I'm all busy with World of Warcraft.

I played an Assassin. Or a thief. Whatever.

I had an entire thread for AnimaRO going like 6 months ago, I was recruiting people to come play. It never got closed or anything and Anima is a private sever.

Oh and I need to find my thingy for my Critassin :D

Markus. D
12-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Low rates are boring, especially when in risk of a character wipe at any given time on a private server.

Depending on the server, the best class is simply Creator or Whitesmith, sometimes even Paladin if used right, for PVP. I would like to try a PVP Gunslinger when I figure out where to DL sakray and KRo.

the underwhelming (at most times. but they have the amazing plot parts) quests make the LR server worth it!

I still play on HR though :p

Madame Adequate
12-28-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm too addicted to Warcrack to play anything else online.

Although EVE is tempting me as well.

Endless
12-28-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm too addicted to Warcrack to play anything else online.

Although EVE is tempting me as well.

Same, plus I ran a private server for a while and bugfixed eAthena, and it takes a lot of the magic out. You have no idea how painful it is to manage a community of RO addicts.

Ryth
12-28-2006, 05:14 PM
I play on the private Anima server (which had a thread, and I believe they linked to it...), I get on every now and then, but not as much as I used to. I'm still pretty weak. :p

DarkHeat787
12-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Level 27 Theif on iRO.

Level ?? Acolyte on Anima. <---Can't remember level.

Haha. I don't play much. I divert all of my boredom to console games or random websurfing.

^__^

Xander
12-29-2006, 12:06 AM
I love Ragnarok, fond memories of playing it a long time ago. I remember my first server, pretty low rate, no warp or job changers, walking everywhere and discovering things for the first time (dokibis n__n)

Since then I've played with various different friends and a couple of other servers seriously and enjoyed it, trying out different classes. Now I mainly go back to it for nostalgia reasons, I never tire of arriving in Prontera with the music, and going off to kill some porings and fuzzy lunatics :3

I like very quiet servers, the one I play occasionally now has about 25 people online at a time, I played on it back in 2005 and everyone is so friendly. I'm struggling to get into it so much though, cards barely drop ever on this server and I don't have help from people who know loads about the best ways to progress etc, plus I have a lot less time to play, so I can't really be bothered to grind away too much.

But I like making cute acos and healbombing things, I enjoy all the aco skills. I prefer it over other mmorpgs (I tried playing FFXI a bit but was like, hmm, complicateeed xD Im sure its not that bad but eh.) maybe because I dont wanna get into the details and be a hardcore player, RO is just fun to wander, be cute, see the places, music, get some hats... I doubt I'll play seriously again but I like being able to play every so often.

So yes I have a fond love for it <3

Markus. D
12-29-2006, 12:22 AM
its cute :3

but it does have some extremely dark places D:

some of the earlier dark places are glorified in it's anime.

its wow~ more wow then WoW~~

escobert
12-29-2006, 02:41 AM
I gave up and decided to just play Anima :p

Xander
12-29-2006, 09:35 AM
I played on Anima, but 2000+ people online and not even being able to get your own monsters in Payon Cave = nothx ;_; TenshiRO <33

starseeker
12-29-2006, 04:22 PM
I have a level 72 Hunter on Anima. I like trapping monsters and turning them into pincushions. :)

escobert
12-29-2006, 06:48 PM
I have a 59 crtiassin that I'm using on Anima ^_^ I <3 my Escobert

escobert
01-03-2007, 05:46 PM
I've been playing on this server, http://www.kisaro.joinsfo.net/index.htm
it's a new server and needs some people! so join now!

DarkHeat787
01-03-2007, 09:28 PM
I actually might bribe my father to pay for iRO again so I can play Hugel. xDD

*has no monies*

Jowy
01-03-2007, 09:33 PM
eew, iRO.

I found another server last night. http://deliverance-online.com

escobert
01-03-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't like highly populated servers :( lots of people make me sad.

Jowy
01-03-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm probably going to screw around on the server you're on just to see how everything is on it tonight. ;)

Khaotic
01-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Changing servers on me, Jowy? :( I see how it is.. :cry: i'll go play with my 254 ninja and priest alone then!

escobert
01-04-2007, 02:48 AM
I'm probably going to screw around on the server you're on just to see how everything is on it tonight. ;)

we need people on there bad, although it's really just starting up.

Tasura
01-04-2007, 01:17 PM
<.< >.> I am more of an RO addict then one would believe *starts listing characters*

qRO

Lord Knight - 113
High Wizard - 161
Assassin Cross - 182 + 151
High Priest - 100 + 103
Creator - 91
Clown - 114 + 107
Sniper - 100
Champion - 100
Whitesmith - 92
Swordsman - 3X (LR server)

AnimaRO

Swordsman - 35

CeresRO

Ninja - 9X
Gunslinger - 9X
Paladin - 9X

And Ive got a couple of otehr characters floating around on other servers too.

Jowy
01-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Changing servers on me, Jowy? :( I see how it is.. :cry: i'll go play with my 254 ninja and priest alone then!

I can still multi-serv. <3

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-04-2007, 11:46 PM
I've played on different servers but never stayed on one long. I guess I cannot get into it. It just seems too much of a level grinder for me.

Irenicuss
01-08-2007, 06:15 PM
I played this awhile ago. But i didn't find any interest in this game cause of im an "Evercrack" addicted player :P