Rinoa
Quistis
Quina
Zidane
Tidus
Rikku
Vaan
....and much much more!

Anyone else shocked at how people waste energy hating these characters so much?

Zeromus_X
12-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Cait Sith

:cat: :love:!

And yes, it's pretty annoying. But, if they really are aggravated that much, it's their right. Also keep in mind that for every character that has people that despise them, there are also people that like them as well.

Dynast-Kid
12-28-2006, 03:36 AM
Rikku and Vaan are teh sexxorz!<333

Psychotic
12-28-2006, 03:42 AM
If hating those characters makes them happy, then I'm not going to judge. I don't like quite a few of those characters, but I don't actively hate them. They're not really worth it.

LunarWeaver
12-28-2006, 05:12 AM
I like all those characters as well :jess:.

But Tidus gets more than like. He gets love. Everybody on this forum loves Tidus. Anybody who hates him is actually only uncomfortable with the sexual fantasies they can't help but think about. You know, like corncracker. Or I'm in denial, just pick one it's fine.

I also don't remember so many people hating Aerith until like a few years ago, and then it was like "Aerith is a slut bandwagon time". When FFVII became the cool one to hate she really seemed to get a lot of heat zoned in on her specifically.

Then again, a person usually isn't gonna like everybody, and since casts are usually diverse there's bound to be characters people do not like, and as long as they aren't obsessive with it, eh iz no biggie. I suppose it says something in and of itself that they inspire hate, as they must seem real enough that somebody thinks of them as an actual being rather they like or dislike them. Unless you hate them because they lack development, then I got nothing.

Roto13
12-28-2006, 05:44 AM
I didn't like Yuffie in VII, but she's improved since then. I hope Tidus and Vaan die in the same accident.

RiseToFall
12-28-2006, 06:02 AM
Then again, a person usually isn't gonna like everybody, and since casts are usually diverse there's bound to be characters people do not like, and as long as they aren't obsessive with it, eh iz no biggie.

Agree with that statement.

Renmiri
12-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Large fonts annoy me more ;)

Jessweeee♪
12-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Then again, a person usually isn't gonna like everybody, and since casts are usually diverse there's bound to be characters people do not like, and as long as they aren't obsessive with it, eh iz no biggie.

Agree with that statement.

Little Blue
12-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I hope Tidus and Cait Sith die in the same horribly bloody and fiery accident.

I don't really know Vaan well enough to hate him yet, but Tidus and Cait Sith annoy me. Despite the hate I feel, I still value their place in the story so I wouldn't change them. I have nothing against the other characters.

Elpizo
12-28-2006, 11:16 AM
All of those 'annoying' characters (Yufie, Selphie, Eiko, ...) like people call them, I never came to understand as to why they are so hated. What's so horrible about them? I wondered. *Sigh* The human mind is just something very difficult to understand, you know. That, and people seem to have different tastes.

Vivisteiner
12-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Out of those, I like:

Cait Sith
Zell
Quina
Zidane
Tidus
Rikku

The others I quite like, although I hate Rinoa. I have yet to play as Vaan though.

NeoCracker
12-28-2006, 11:36 AM

But Tidus gets more than like. He gets love. Everybody on this forum loves Tidus. Anybody who hates him is actually only uncomfortable with the sexual fantasies they can't help but think about. You know, like corncracker. Or I'm in denial, just pick one it's fine.

I also don't remember so many people hating Aerith until like a few years ago, and then it was like "Aerith is a slut bandwagon time". When FFVII became the cool one to hate she really seemed to get a lot of heat zoned in on her specifically.

Then again, a person usually isn't gonna like everybody, and since casts are usually diverse there's bound to be characters people do not like, and as long as they aren't obsessive with it, eh iz no biggie. I suppose it says something in and of itself that they inspire hate, as they must seem real enough that somebody thinks of them as an actual being rather they like or dislike them. Unless you hate them because they lack development, then I got nothing.

I feel honored to be mentioned.

And I do not have Tidus Fantasies, I have Rydia, Yuffie, Kos-mos, Shion, Tifa, Rinoa, Beatrix and Lunarweaver Fantasies.

And of that list, the only one I really hate is Tidus. Most of them just kind of suck.

Except for Cait sith and Quina.

Bunny
12-28-2006, 12:12 PM
My problem with the majority of those characters is that they are pretty one dimensional and leave a lot to be desired.

Except Tidus.

I really just can't stand Tidus. He irks me.

I don't hate them, mind you. Hate is far too strong a word for me to use to describe my feelings towards something that isn't a real person. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Pike
12-28-2006, 03:25 PM
It's rare for me to dislike a character from anything, be it a movie or book or video game. Oh I'm sure there are some that I do dislike, but not very many.

I really can't think of any Final Fantasy characters that I truly dislike.

Darth Anarcus
12-28-2006, 03:51 PM
I like FFX's Rikku, but not FFX-2's Rikku. The former reminded me of an ex-girlfriend, but the latter was just was too annoying. (Much like the entire game.)

I like Squall, and people look at me funny when I say that. To me, he just seems the most human out of any of the main male characters from any of the games.

Wolf Kanno
12-29-2006, 12:50 AM
I'll give you congrats and agree with you on all but one person. Yuffie...

I hate Yuffie, if I could have my way, I would have left her in the care of Don Corneo to do as he pleases. She deserves that alone for stealing from me...

Meat Puppet
12-29-2006, 01:08 AM
Out of those I like:
Cait Sith
Yuffie
Selphie

I was only aware that people hated:
Cait Sith
Aeris
Rinoa

I have no idea who these are:
Zidane
Tidus
Rikku
Vaan

I don’t mind that people hate them, or for that matter anyone. Whatever moistens your lips, I always say. Just as long as they’re not going overboard, or just hating them to garner some sort of underground cred’.

Dr Aum
12-29-2006, 01:47 AM
Me like Quina. You got problem?

Oh, and Cait Sith is great too. The only thing better than a cat is a cat on a moogle (mog, whatever). Honestly I don't dislike any FF character. Except Ultimecia. But that's because I have a phobia of witches with speech impediments.

Darth Anarcus
12-29-2006, 04:21 AM
Oh yeah, I also like Rinoa. She seems real, too. (See my explaination for Squall.)

lufia
01-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I like FFX's Rikku, but not FFX-2's Rikku. The former reminded me of an ex-girlfriend, but the latter was just was too annoying. (Much like the entire game.)

Christ, i hated rikku in ffx...she needs to shut up and die. urgh, hearing she be more annoying in X-2 makes me want to not buy the game. she is the first girl i want to punch in the face (aye she isn't real anyway)

peace to all the rikku fans :mog:

and zidane and zell is cool !

ljkkjlcm9
01-03-2007, 09:45 PM
But you don't like Squall. I get called a Squall fanboy, and it annoys me, because I'm not. He's a good character for that game, but that doesn't mean I like him.

THE JACKEL

Laddy
01-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I like Balthier, Freya, Rikku, Quina, Cyan, Edge, and of course, *view screen name.*

Avarice-ness
01-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I like Aeris almost as much as I like Rydia and Celes.

YOU NOW KNOW MY SHAMEFUL SECRET! :(

theundeadhero
01-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Cait Sith~ I avoid using as often as possible because I find the character concept horrible.

Aeris~ I'm indifferent to her.

Yuffie~ Yuffie is the coolest girl in the game.

Selphie~ She rocks.

Zell~ Anyone who likes hotdogs is cool with me.

Rinoa~ What could be cooler than having a one-hit victory in every fight of the later part of the game. It's possible if you're fast enough.

Quistis~ Filling a stereotype I don't particularily enjoy.

Quina~ It's hilarious!

Zidane~ I thought he was a girl and named him Michelle.

Tidus~ He really did annoy me. Every time he talked.

Rikku~ Babe

Vaan~ I see nothing wrong with him

Roto13
01-04-2007, 06:41 AM
Vaan~ I see nothing wrong with him

He really did annoy me. Every time he talked.

Zerok
01-05-2007, 03:53 AM
Personally Cait Sith and Quina were some of my favorite characters from each game. Quina especially. I loved some of the scenes with her in FFIX. Plus, I found her to be pretty useful in combat with her blue magic.

What's not to love?

Dr. Acula
01-05-2007, 05:39 AM
Cait Sith=Hated him at first, now I'm beginning to have an obsession with him. Cute robot kitty!
Aeris= Not sure whether I liked her or hated her. She was a nice person, but also sometimes a bitch.
Yuffie=Hello! She's a ninja!!! What's not to like?
Selphie=Along with Vivi, she was my fave ff character out of the whole series. Hey, why's everyone looking at me like that? I'm not weird! Honest!
Zell=Another of my faves. He was temperamental. Half temper, half mental.
Rinoa=Didn't like her at first, now I do. I found her pretty cool.
Quistis=She was just meh.
Quina=Cool eatey thingy. I like food too.
Zidane=I found him pretty cool. He was less serious, a nice change from main characters like Squall.
Tidus+Rikku=Haven't played FFX yet.
Vaan=Haven't played FFXII yet.

Firo Volondé
01-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Haven't played FFX yet.

Play it ASAP.

Jessweeee♪
01-06-2007, 01:51 AM
=O

It's only the best in the whole series!!!

Tavrobel
01-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Congratulations, you like characters based on whether or not they appeal to you as characters?

Gee, that's such a radical notion. You know, with the hating and the liking and differences in opinion and all that.

Kanshisha
01-06-2007, 02:20 AM
I dont care i just use 'em for the hell of it but the worlds worst char is Quistis from FF8 with her crpy whip...

black orb
01-06-2007, 03:01 AM
>>> I like Tidus..

Dr. Acula
01-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Haven't played FFX yet.

Play it ASAP.

Y'know, I would except a few minor problems:
1) I don't have it.
2) Can't find it anywhere.

MJN SEIFER
01-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I like thoese Characters to, apart from Quina, but don't HATE him/her, and Vaan, whom I have not heard of.

Like who you want to like.

Firo Volondé
01-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Haven't played FFX yet.

Play it ASAP.

Y'know, I would except a few minor problems:
1) I don't have it.
2) Can't find it anywhere.

Try eBay or second-hand game stores. You could even try renting it, which I don't recommend due to FFX being very long.

The Unknown Guru
01-07-2007, 09:54 PM
People hate Quina? That's news to me. :quina:

Setzer Gabianni
01-10-2007, 08:20 AM
I adore Quina ^_____________^

Jessweeee♪
01-13-2007, 05:05 AM
Congratulations, you like characters based on whether or not they appeal to you as characters?

Gee, that's such a radical notion. You know, with the hating and the liking and differences in opinion and all that.

Why is it that everytime I make a thread, someone has to come in and do that? :cry:

arcanedude34
01-22-2007, 09:00 PM

I dont like Tidus.... maybe due to me being a straight boy.... I dunno... lol