PDA

View Full Version : TiDuS' vOiCe!!!!

KasaiDraco
12-28-2006, 04:19 AM
OmG!!!!!!! TiDuS hAs TeH sExIeSt VoIcE eVeR!!!!!! wHy DoEs EvErYoNe ThInK iT's So GaY?! i ThInK hIs VoIcE iS vErY mAnLy!!!!:D

You know I'm joking, right?

lufia
12-28-2006, 05:58 AM
lol, i don't really care. i like him

RiseToFall
12-28-2006, 06:03 AM
Never had a problem with it, unlike 95% of the people on this site.

Renmiri
12-28-2006, 06:27 AM
James Arnold Taylor said he did 2 voices for Tidus, one the narration voice, is more mature, which corresponds to Tidus after learning of Yuna's impending death (and after the campfire scene that "put some hairs in on his chest" ;) ) and one less mature, the typical "surfer dude" he was when plucked out of Zanarkand by Sin/Jecht.

I have the interview somewhere. I will put it in Youtube when I dig it up.

Jessweeee♪
12-28-2006, 06:53 AM
I liked his voice.

LunarWeaver
12-28-2006, 07:05 AM
Back in my day we had Resident Evil voice-acting. You kids have it swell.

high summoner yunalesca
12-28-2006, 09:22 AM
i cannot see why ppl make endless and pointless threads like this one when there are already hundreds about tidus' voice. so ok you dont like his voice but who care , get over it , he is just a fictional charater in a game

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-28-2006, 09:56 AM
to be honest, i think tidus was a pretty decent character. and i don't get why people hate him so much!?

btw renmiri, "put some hairs IN his chest"!? wot are they growing inwards!!! :D

Little Blue
12-28-2006, 10:40 AM
I don't really like his voice, but saying that, I do think it was appropriate for the charcter and can't imagine any other english voice for him. I think that if his actual script was less whinny it would have more support.

Vivisteiner
12-28-2006, 11:10 AM

I agree. Except for the time when he and Yuna started laughing together. That was unbelievably crap. :mad:

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-28-2006, 10:11 PM
i was embarrassed for them!!! :(

Psychotic
12-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Back in my day we had Resident Evil voice-acting. You kids have it swell.Barry was a god and death to anyone who says otherwise.

I didn't have a problem with the quality of the voice acting, because Tidus's voice was believable. The voice itself was just irritating, though. But hey, people have irritating voices and you can't expect video game characters to be perfect anymore, because giving them flaws gives them depth. Apparently.

Dr Aum
12-29-2006, 01:10 AM
My current addiction is Elebits, so I really wouldn't feel right criticizing any other VAs. And Tidus's voice was appropriate for the character. I am resisting clarifying just what sort of character that would be. :|

Mizuchi
12-29-2006, 12:02 PM

I agree. Except for the time when he and Yuna started laughing together. That was unbelievably crap. :mad:

Rosenti
12-29-2006, 11:15 PM

Hambone
12-29-2006, 11:33 PM
His voice doesn't bother me. It only bothers nubs who care about minor stuff in games like the characters voices and physical appearence.

rubah
12-29-2006, 11:49 PM
I like how his voice sounds when he's in narrative flashback mode, actually

Ashley Schovitz
12-30-2006, 12:13 AM

LunarWeaver
12-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Has this thread actually become pro-Tidus somehow ;O! Did I die and go to some sort of warped Heaven version of EoFF? Because if I'm in Heaven someone made a mistake.

KasaiDraco
12-30-2006, 01:35 AM
I think actually Tidus is pretty cool. And HOTT! But I do think that Tidus's voice sounds of that of a prissy pre-pubescent little girl. I think his narrative voice is actually okay. Yeah, sometimes at the beginning of the game whne he talked, I thought it was a woman sometimes.

LunarWeaver
12-30-2006, 02:13 AM
What kind of females do you hang out that they sound like James Arnold Tayler.

KasaiDraco
12-30-2006, 03:03 AM
I was just being sarcastic because his voice does sound a little feminine.

kikimm
12-30-2006, 03:38 AM
Honestly, if I hadn't read many threads and stuff before I played FFX, I doubt I ever would have noticed his voice. I probably would have thought, hey, that's kinda funky. *shrug* But since everyone goes on and on annd on about it, that makes me pay more attention to it and argh.

It's really not that bad though. And I don't actually have a problem with it.

Cruise Control
12-30-2006, 04:28 AM
All that matters is that I didn't notice, and I had fun playing.

90% of people that complain about his voice are a bunch of hacks. They just mimic others and hope it makes them cool.

KasaiDraco
12-30-2006, 04:50 AM
Actually reading some of these comments on the internet a while back has made me notice his annoying voice. His voice does suit the immature guy he is.

Remon
12-30-2006, 03:12 PM
WHAT?:(
Another Tidus's Voice thread?:(
Is it turning to a trend or something?:(
His voice is cool by the way ;)

No.78
12-30-2006, 08:31 PM
At first its like "ew"

Then you get used to it...

Then it's like "ok this is annoying now."

Then it's like, "SHUT UP"

Ya?

KasaiDraco
12-30-2006, 11:53 PM
It's not Tidus, It's JAT. He was in his early thirties when he did Tidus, used his actual voice for him, which sounded like a 14 year olds voice. A lot of the boys in my school have manlier voices than him. Poor little James!

tidus_rox
12-31-2006, 04:16 AM
His voice is fine. It is the best when he is narrating the story...

Raytien
12-31-2006, 04:33 AM
I personally could care less either way bout his voice or his apperance, tho both do matter peripherally it is the story progression and the tactical strategy of gameplay that kept me involved.

However i do crack up when a friend of mine says that tidus looks like Meg Ryan. He wont play the game cause of that reason. lol

cally777
01-02-2007, 06:12 AM
There are times when his voice is extremely annoying. You could say this is appropriate to his character, but its still irritating.

90% of people that complain about his voice are a bunch of hacks. They just mimic others and hope it makes them cool.I resent this. I can make up my own mind thank you!

His voice doesn't bother me. It only bothers nubs who care about minor stuff in games like the characters voices and physical appearence.
Right, they are real noobs for not bothering about itty-bitty things like graphics and sound! Lets all go back to the good old days of text only adventures, eh?

Jessweeee♪
01-02-2007, 06:25 AM

That's one of my favorite scenes :cry:

KasaiDraco
01-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Yeah, I laughed right along with them during that scene!

LunarWeaver
01-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Is it finally time for another "Ha Ha Ha Scene" thread? It's been so long since the last one I was starting to miss it :cry:.

Orgasmic
01-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Well, he is an awesome character. Though his voice is kinda.. Sounds like a young skater kid just got in o the puberty... or something

One thing i feel about FFX. Is, that the story is quite simulair to the story in FF7. One girl will die, saving the world. Dadada. I mean, it's great.. Absolutely. But you don't get the same emotionally involved as you get when Aeris dies in FF7.. That's one of the things I thing is quite low in FFX..

Ryth
01-13-2007, 06:04 AM
I thought Tidus' voice was appropiate for his character. Which I guess was a little annoying. It fit with him.

Jesta
01-13-2007, 12:17 PM
fks sakes, this is what,the fourth time a topic about tidus' voice has been on here... and if i remember correctly,most people compared his voice to a group of crying babbies.... the babbies were more bareable then his noise... and yes his excrement from his mouth is noise, not a voice. lol

the whole concept of tidus bugs me...a young kid learning about life, and pain, and everything else he learns along the way. but seriously,he should die.... i know of a few chinese tourture techniques that would do nicely...lol

No.78
01-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Oh yeah, I totally dislike his voice cos everyone else does. Like totally!

Dotard
01-14-2007, 02:00 AM
I got James Arnold Taylor to sign my copy of FFX..it's pretty sweet, in my trophy case and everything. I personally thought the voice acting corresponded pretty well with the story.

Nifleheim7
01-29-2007, 01:42 AM
I never gave much thought about his voice when i first played the game.
But that was before i discovered EoFF...

Rostum
01-29-2007, 02:33 AM
He sounds like the voice of Fry from Futurama.

Yliette
02-11-2007, 02:36 PM
But you don't get the same emotionally involved as you get when Aeris dies in FF7.. That's one of the things I thing is quite low in FFX..

Many people cried at the ending when Tidus bid Yuna farewell the final time. Yuna took this as her last and only chance to say "I love you."

The first and only video game that has made me cry... :(

KasaiDraco
02-11-2007, 08:27 PM
^Mark for spoilers in case some people reading this haven't beat the game. Yeah, I thought the ending was actually pretty darn funny for some odd reason. But that's just me.

Hazzard
02-11-2007, 09:10 PM
The reason why you wouldnt get as emotionally torn up about Aeris dieing and knowing the fact that Yuna will die is because you actually see aeris die, and if yuna did die...
Im sure a lot of people would cry for her death, and learn to appreciate the girl more.

No.78
02-11-2007, 10:16 PM
If she died, I'd laugh about it. Seriously. Maybe not at the time but afterwards... AHAHAHHAAHHAHAA

cloud21zidane16
02-12-2007, 12:54 AM
i thought his voice was pretty cool;)

yojimbosoul
02-15-2007, 01:02 AM
WOW......this thread all over again. Hope it doesn't end like the other one...

anyways...Tidus is...so so ..... Some people can adjust to kids faster than others.......its like meeting a new noisy, high piched, weird friend you just have to get used too because you're forced to have him as a first pick and he's everywhere. After playing it the 5th time through, it does get really annoying to hear the same line over and over and over again.......................in conclusion, some people can live with Tidus' voise, others ( like me ) can't.

( I diched the friend in my second semester and started hanging out with some other people....... you people get the point right?)

Holy Lancer
02-16-2007, 10:15 PM
OmG!!!!!!! TiDuS hAs TeH sExIeSt VoIcE eVeR!!!!!! wHy DoEs EvErYoNe ThInK iT's So GaY?! i ThInK hIs VoIcE iS vErY mAnLy!!!!:D

You know I'm joking, right?

Tidus is just such a man
Tidus's voice probably turns gay guys on.
In a roundabout way, this is quite an insult. Watch what you post. ~ Leeza

Simen
02-20-2007, 02:04 PM
I like him and his voice. I don't find anything annoying on him :p

ReloadPsi
02-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Basically, Tidus' voice is the only thing that's ever made me listen to Slayer instead, and I normally hate Slayer.

Misaki
02-25-2007, 09:10 PM
i cannot see why ppl make endless and pointless threads like this one when there are already hundreds about tidus' voice. so ok you dont like his voice but who care , get over it , he is just a fictional charater in a game

I usually don't agree with things like this, but in this case, I do. I love Tiuds' voice. I think it's cute! *Looks stubborn* Love the cuteness!