PDA

View Full Version : Um...I dunno how to beat ruby weapon?

Savern Volaco
12-28-2006, 06:02 AM
yes help please...I need some help I am stuck on it I want to beat him.

Xurts
12-28-2006, 06:32 AM
Kill 2 of your party members before you enter the battle so Ruby's Whirlsand attack takes them out of the battle. Have your last character summon KOTR. It won't do any damage, but it will make Ruby stick his tentacles into the ground. This makes him vulnerable to attacks now. W-Summon KOTR and keep Miming that until Ruby dies. Of course, it's a good idea to have KOTR mastered so you get maximum damage. Linking MP Absorb, HP Absorb, and/or MP Turbo with KOTR and Master Summon would be a very good idea.
Here's the materia combination that I used:

Wpn - MP Turbo = Master Summon, W-Summon, Mime, Master Summon = HP Absorb, MP Absorb = KOTR
Arm - Final Attack = Phoenix, W-Item

The only downside to this strategy is that KOTR's summon sequence takes so blasted long. There is pretty much no way that you can lose with this setup, since if you die Phoenix will revive you.

You can also use Lucky 7s and Mime a bunch of multi-hitting Limit Breaks like Omnislash. Another way to do it would be to feed Barret a bunch of Hero Drinks and have him Mime Ungarmax.

Ryushikaze
12-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Kill 2 of your party members before you enter the battle so Ruby's Whirlsand attack takes them out of the battle. Have your last character summon KOTR. It won't do any damage, but it will make Ruby stick his tentacles into the ground. This makes him vulnerable to attacks now. W-Summon KOTR and keep Miming that until Ruby dies. Of course, it's a good idea to have KOTR mastered so you get maximum damage. Linking MP Absorb, HP Absorb, and/or MP Turbo with KOTR and Master Summon would be a very good idea.

Wpn - MP Turbo = Master Summon, W-Summon, Mime, Master Summon = HP Absorb, MP Absorb = KOTR

The only downside to this strategy is that KOTR's summon sequence takes so blasted long. There is pretty much no way that you can lose with this setup, since if you die Phoenix will revive you.

You can also use Lucky 7s and Mime a bunch of multi-hitting Limit Breaks like Omnislash. Another way to do it would be to feed Barret a bunch of Hero Drinks and have him Mime Ungarmax.

A much better strategy, in my opinion, is to use W-Summon, Hades(linked to 4X) KOTR (linked to HP Absorb), and counter/mime.

If you have a master summon, swap it out for either (or both, if you have them) Summon materia. You get the same effect.

What this does is Poisons and freezes the tentacles, and freezes ruby so it cannot counterattack you after a KOTR. And if it does, then you'll just hit it again with the counter/mime of your last action and heal the HP it took away. If you can set the controller to memory and tape down the button, you can actually win without even watching the fight.

Addendum: And yes, make sure your party members are KOd before the fight starts.

vorpal blade
12-28-2006, 08:57 AM
I thought you couldn't mime Limit Breaks?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-28-2006, 09:48 AM
yeh u can, the best use of mime with a limit is barret's ungarmax.

this is a video of someone using ungarmax with 2 hero drinks, so each attack does 9999. then cos of the materia setup shown, when he uses mime ungarmax is used 8 times. and with 9999 each attack and 21 attacks in each limit . . . that's math i can't even do!!!

(21 X 9999) X 8 = poor emmy :(

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Use 4-Cut and pair up as many Level 5 Counter-Mime's as you can and begin by using a Hero. Then pwn Ruby Weapon

Here is your inspiration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SlJjf5ehaA)

PuPu
12-28-2006, 04:50 PM
I've heard Stop also works on Ruby Weapon if KOTR-HP Absorb and Final Attack-Phoenix aren't cheap enough for you.

TheSpoonyBard
12-28-2006, 05:01 PM
d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x: Ungarmax is 18 hits.

Pupu: Stop doesn't work, but Paralysis does. Use Hades or Dazers to inflict it.

Savern Volaco
12-28-2006, 05:58 PM
I don't really try to get kotr because I honestly don't want to breed a golden chacoboo

TheSpoonyBard
12-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Bahamut ZERO=Quadra Magic or Lv2 Comet=Quadra Magic are decent alternatives to KotR.

PuPu
12-28-2006, 06:16 PM
I don't really try to get kotr because I honestly don't want to breed a golden chacoboo

You can get a Golden Chocobo by defeating Ruby Weapon and giving the Desert Rose you get from Ruby to the old man in Kalm village. :D

Xurts
12-28-2006, 08:45 PM

A much better strategy, in my opinion, is to use W-Summon, Hades(linked to 4X) KOTR (linked to HP Absorb), and counter/mime.

If you have a master summon, swap it out for either (or both, if you have them) Summon materia. You get the same effect.

What this does is Poisons and freezes the tentacles, and freezes ruby so it cannot counterattack you after a KOTR. And if it does, then you'll just hit it again with the counter/mime of your last action and heal the HP it took away. If you can set the controller to memory and tape down the button, you can actually win without even watching the fight.

Addendum: And yes, make sure your party members are KOd before the fight starts.
Heh, I never thought of Counter linked with Mime. That would be cool. Other than that I still prefer my setup.

Zechs
12-29-2006, 06:06 AM
Kill 2 members. Engage combat. You can blind, slow, and stop. Raise both mambers and use anything you want. Mime plus limits work well, well with that character.