PDA

View Full Version : The Time Rule

Craig
12-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Okay so I'm sure some of you have heard of the area code rule (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Area+Codes+Rule), right?

Y'know, where if you sleep with someone other than your partner while in a different area code, it's not cheating. Well how about this:

If you travelled in time to a point before or after you were dating your partner and slept with someone, would you be cheating?

I mean, technically you'd be single right? But then in your time line which you'd return to soon after you'd have a partner.

Bunny
12-28-2006, 01:07 PM
If you were to travel back to a time where you did not have a partner, you would still have a partner. You are from the future. Traveling back in time does not change what you are, personally. The you that is of that specific time, however, would be single.

It is cheating.

NeoCracker
12-28-2006, 01:10 PM
We are men! We can do whatever we please. It matters not if it is cheating, for you females can not comprehend the immensity of the male mind! You think we do wrong, but the wrong is actually done by you for not blindly following and catering to us.

By denying us the right to seduce whomever we want where ever, or whenever for that matter, you are stomping upon the very thing that makes this country great, the fact that men are superior to you women.
How dare you disgrace our fore fathers by not wanting us to have sexual pleasure with mass numbers.

Anyway, I guess it wouldn't be cheating.

Pike
12-28-2006, 03:23 PM
If you were to travel back to a time where you did not have a partner, you would still have a partner. You are from the future. Traveling back in time does not change what you are, personally. The you that is of that specific time, however, would be single.

It is cheating.

That sounds pretty accurate to me~! :choc2:

Araciel
12-28-2006, 07:09 PM
well you have to consider there are different types of time travel...that is do you create a new reality when you travel back, where the future changes, or does the future already exist the way it does because you traveled back in time??!?!?

but all in all, if you have to ask yourself the question, you most likely ARE cheating

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-28-2006, 07:30 PM
My advice. Stop trying to find ways to get around it. If you have a girl in any time zone or any area code or anywhere/anytime, and you hook up with another girl, you are cheating. Don't cheat. Cheating is bad. Unless it is in a card game. Then it is alright. But any other time it is bad juju. So don't do it.

Owen Macwere
12-28-2006, 07:30 PM

It is cheating.

That's most likely would cover it truthfully.

Roto13
12-28-2006, 08:13 PM
if you sleep with someone other than your partner while in a different area code, it's not cheating.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard outside of EoEO.

Iceglow
12-28-2006, 08:24 PM
That whole area code rule is so american teen movie stuff. (no offence to americans I don't mind ya really but american teen movies whilst highly amusing and often with awesome sound tracks are walking cliche's) Now in my worthless opinion on this matter having cheated many times in the past and having been cheated on myself a few too many times for my liking (you reap what you sow I know but still it hurts and I don't like it) if a girl is in a different area code to your girlfriend and you get it on, you cheat. If a girl is in a different time zone and you get it on, you cheat just cause you went to miami on holiday and your girl is in london don't give ya the right to get your wick dipped.

Now the whole thing of time travelling and cheating? WOW, umm the easy way to describe this is a head**** really. I'm going to be honest if the present and future are changing due to the past being changed then you cheat but if the present is as it is because you time travelled and cheated then well technically you didn't cheat I mean the girl you are currently with probably knows that at some point in the past had a history with the girl you cheated with...ok seems simple doesn't it but then you add the whole going back to that time with the knowledge you have now situation and it's not good to contemplate that....it hurts my head. :(

Drift
12-28-2006, 08:31 PM
time rule is crap, so is the area code one. just sleep with the person you're with and noone else!

CimminyCricket
12-28-2006, 09:16 PM
That area code thing is REALLY stupid. Where I live, I could go out my front door go across the street, which is another area code, sleep with the hot girl that lives in the house across from mine, come back, and there's a good chance my GF would find out. thusly getting screwed twice in one day. If you're in a relationship, the only person you should be with is the person your dating/married/engaged to. Cheat is cheating no matter how you look at it.

-N-
12-28-2006, 11:05 PM
We are men! We can do whatever we please. It matters not if it is cheating, for you females can not comprehend the immensity of the male mind! You think we do wrong, but the wrong is actually done by you for not blindly following and catering to us.

By denying us the right to seduce whomever we want where ever, or whenever for that matter, you are stomping upon the very thing that makes this country great, the fact that men are superior to you women.
How dare you disgrace our fore fathers by not wanting us to have sexual pleasure with mass numbers.

Anyway, I guess it wouldn't be cheating.*tears up* simply beautiful.

Malikye187
12-29-2006, 12:22 AM
The only thing I know about time and sex is this.

Sleeping with your ex's best friend after breaking up a week and a half ago is not a significant enough amount of time for it to not be problem.

DON'T DO IT!

P.S. This was over 6 years ago now. STILL DON'T DO IT!

Psychotic
12-29-2006, 12:29 AM
Who cares? If she ever found out, it wouldn't matter because to her, it happened before you dated. If you cheated on her in the future then she'd never find out. Unless you let her in on your time machine secret, but then you'd deserve everything you'd get for being so stupid.

Madame Adequate
12-29-2006, 08:21 PM
if you sleep with someone other than your partner while in a different area code, it's not cheating.

Seriously man, that's even dumber than the argument you and me are having over Virtua Fighter.

Roto13
12-29-2006, 11:12 PM

Seriously man, that's even dumber than the argument you and me are having over Virtua Fighter.

Yes, you should compare cheating to DDR and make everything better.

Kamiko
12-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Hopefully, the fact that you could time-travel would erase all cheating qualms.
If my boyfriend could time-travel, I wouldn't even care what he did with other people. I'd just steal the technology and sell it. On Ebay.

Shlup
12-30-2006, 04:15 AM
Your rules are stupid.

Madame Adequate
12-30-2006, 04:22 AM

You should claim that successfully cheating is tricky to pull off and therefore superior to an honest relationship.

Roto13
12-30-2006, 04:24 AM

You should claim that successfully cheating is tricky to pull off and therefore superior to an honest relationship.

Are you saying that sex with multiple partners isn't fun?

LunarWeaver
12-30-2006, 05:21 AM
I smell a fight to the death boiling.

I say it's still cheating. But then again, I can't think of a better application for time travel then to do that, so go on with it.

blackmage_nuke
12-30-2006, 05:24 AM
That would be like saying you have a heart condition meaning you shouldnt go on rollercoasters or something then you go back in time before you had the condition and saying, "hey i dont have the heart condition in this time yet" then you go on a rollercoaster, have a heart attack and die.

However i guess it's not cheating if you go through time and sleep with the person you were partners with in your original time zone.

-

Dante WolfWood
12-30-2006, 05:32 AM
That would be like saying you have a heart condition meaning you shouldnt go on rollercoasters or something then you go back in time before you had the condition and saying, "hey i dont have the heart condition in this time yet" then you go on a rollercoaster, have a heart attack and die.

However i guess it's not cheating if you go through time and sleep with the person you were partners with in your original time zone.

-

thanks, maybe they will get it now.

you took something complex and made an example that any idiot can understand...if someone doesnt agree now; they are retarded >.>

but anyhoo...this whole are code thing is stupid...I mean, would you be pissed if you went in another area code and your partner cheated on YOU?

LoveArya
12-30-2006, 05:44 AM
I heard that rule thing on road trip or something with Sean William Scott. Never listen to him for sexual advice.
It is still cheating, but as Kamiko said, whenyou find out, sell the technology :evilking: lol
Cheating is cheating, it doesnt matter where/when you are at, its the commitment to the relationship you made

Giga Guess
12-30-2006, 06:13 AM

It is cheating.

Not to mention totally screwing with the the Laws of Time.