PDA

View Full Version : FFTastic Unknown Sprites Revealed

Shinka
12-28-2006, 03:04 PM
Hoping to find a Sprite that, sadly, I was unable to locate, I have gone over every unknown Sprite-set you can assign a character using the FFT-Rom cheat called FFTastic. That is, all Sprite-Sets that appears as a ? (and some named ones). I had searched online, but found no previous lists. Perhaps what I've learned can help some future FFTastic-user save 4 hours of their time. My findings are as followed:

0. No Sprite (Only displays a standard circle-shadow, uses attack animations)
35. Female Chemist
36. Female Cleric
37. Male Wizard
38. Male Oracle
39. Male Squire
3A. Celia
3B. Lede
3D. Male Knight
3F. Male Archer
42. Male Wizard
46. Male Oracle
47. Female Summoner
4D. 20-year-old Female NPC
4E. 40-year-old Male NPC
4F. 40-year-old Female NPC
50. 60-year-old Male NPC
51. 60-year-old Female NPC
52. Older Male Mourner NPC
53. Older Female Mourner NPC
54. 'Younger' Male Mourner NPC
55. 'Younger' Female Mourner NPC
56. 'Zalmo Look-alike' / Church Heretic Brander
57. Male Squire
58. Male Squire
59. Male Squire
5A. Male Squire
5B. Male Squire
5C. Male Squire
5D. Vibrant Multi-colored Glitch Box
5E. Solidly-colored Reddish-Pink Indistinguishable Character
5F. Different Solidly-colored Reddish-Pink Indistinguishable Character
{I consider Sprites 60 to 7F to be distorted sprites. I could never get anything but the listed sprite to work.}
{However, I have listed Class + Generic combos beside select Sprites to achieve the desired Sprite.}
{I consider 80, 81, and 82 to be Dependant Sprites. In the sense that the outcome of the Sprite depends on the selected Class, and the Sprite itself doesn't have a specific set.}
60. Male Squire (appears as Female squire in pre-battle selection)
61. Female Squire ("" Male chemist "")
62. Male Chemist ("" Female Chemist "")
63. Female Chemist ("" Male Knight "")
64. Male Knight ("" Female Night "")
65. Female Knight ("" Male Archer "")
66. Male Archer ("" Female Archer "")
67. Female Archer ("" Male Monk "")
68. Male Monk ("" Female Monk "")
69. Female Monk ("" Male Priest "")
6A. Male Priest ("" Female Priest "")
6B. Female Priest ("" Male Wizard "")
6C. Male Wizard ("" Female Wizard "")
6D. Female Wizard ("" Male Time Mage "")
6E. Male Time Mage ("" Female Time Mage "")
6F. Female Time Mage ("" Male Summoner "")
70. Male Summoner ("" Female Summoner "")
71. Female Summoner ("" Male Thief "")
72. Male Thief ("" Female Thief "")
73. (named 'Worker 7-New) Female Thief ("" Male Mediator "") * If you Select Steel Giant Class, and set the Sprite to 'Generic Monster', you get Worker 7-New *
74. (named 'Sinogue') Male Lancer ("" Female Lancer "")
75. (named 'Worker 8') Female Mediator ("" Male Oracle "") * If you Select Steel Giant Class, and set the Sprite to 'Generic Monster', you get Worker 8 *
76. (named 'Boco') Male Oracle ("" Female Oracle "") * If you select Chocobo Class, and set the Sprite to 'Generic Monster', you get Boco *
77. (named 'Elidibs') Female Oracle ("" Male Geomancer "") * If you select Serpentarius Class and set the Sprite to 'Generic Monster', you get Elidibs *
78. (named 'Lavian') Male Geomancer ("" Female Geomancer "")
79. (named 'Alicia') Female Geomancer ("" Male Lancer "")
7A. (named 'Fukes') Male Lancer ("" Female Lancer "")
7B. (named 'Dish') Female Lancer ("" Male Samurai "")
7C. (named 'Viggs') Male Samurai ("" Female Samurai "")
7D. (named 'Wezaleff') Female Samurai ("" Male Ninja "")
7E. (named 'Lezales') Male Ninja ("" Female Ninja "")
7F. (named 'Rad') Female Ninja ("" Male Calculator "")
80. (named 'Generic Male') (if using a monster = assorted monsters in pre-battle, = Ramza sprite in battle) (if using generic human male or female = male of that class**) (if using special class = glitched in pre-battle, = Ramza in battle)
81. (named 'Generic Female') (if using a monster = assorted monsters in pre-battle, = Ramza sprite in battle) (if using generic human male or female = female of that class**) (if using special class = glitched in pre-battle, = Ramza in battle)
82. (named 'Generic Monster') (if using a monser = that monster) (if using a generic human = that class in pre-battle, = sprite 0 in battle) (if using special class = glitched in pre-battle, = sprite 0 in battle)
** Dancer = Bard Sprite when set to Generic Male, still retains Dancer skills. Likewise for Bard on Generic Female **
Note: In the Formation Menu, the units' Class typically takes first priority when displaying the Sprite (although there are some exceptions). However, a miss-matched Sprite-set and class may result in a glitched version of that CLASS to be displayed. Example: Serpentarius CLASS with Generic Female Sprite-set results in disorted Serpentarius. Formation Menu only.

I was starting to feel a little skeptical by the end, seeing the sprite-set 'Rad' give an undesired and certainly un-'Rad'-like sprite. But I suppose Rad didn't really have a unique Sprite set, anyway. If anyone with the FFTastic program would like to double check what the 'Rad' sprite-set looks like, I'd be grateful. I fear my results from 60 to 7F may be distorted.

Also, I am aware that there are some named sprite-sets that yield unwanted sprites. Such as Gustav resulting in an ugly little NPC. Maybe someday I'll go through and double check every named sprite. For now, I'm too tired. P:

conan
01-06-2007, 11:36 PM
I hate making a thread, and seeing nobody reply. Come on somebody, reply to this!

Lord Rimoah
01-17-2007, 04:50 AM
I hate making a thread, and seeing nobody reply. Come on somebody, reply to this!

Looka hear Jackson, it would help if you didn't start your thread opening up like in the middle of whatever the hell story you're starting here...

Just explain what your thread is about, otherwise, you're just talkin' to yerself Jackson..

conan
01-20-2007, 05:30 AM
i'll make one soon, dont worry.