PDA

View Full Version : What is Final Fantasy VERSUS xiii?

tidus_rox
12-28-2006, 07:28 PM
I was browsing the internet when I stumbled across the FF VS xiii trailer. Now, don't get me wrong, I had heard of such a game, however I was very confused as to what it is. It it all the FF characters coming together and teaming up on characters form xiii? (hence the name VERSUS) What is so different about it then FF xiii? Is it just another spin off like x-2 (but from the trailer it look really good, so it can't be like x-2)

I just want answers, and someone to explain to me what it is.

Thanks,

Cody

XxSephirothxX
12-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Square Enix is releasing three Final Fantasy XIII games under the name "Fabula Nova Crystalis." One is simply XIII, the other is Versus XIII, and the third is a mobile phone game named Agito XIII. We don't really know much about how they're all connected--obviously, Versus XIII is not a direct sequel to XIII, or we'd have seen familiar characters in each by now. But they're all going to be related in one way or another.

Necronopticous
12-28-2006, 07:36 PM
The word "versus" is not being used in the sense you're probably most familiar with, but rather more along the lines of its original Latin meaning. The game is an action/RPG spinoff game, much like Dirge of Cerberus is to Final Fantasy VII. Whether it will be good or not, we'll just have to wait and see.

tidus_rox
12-28-2006, 07:38 PM
The word "versus" is not being used in the sense you're probably most familiar with, but rather more along the lines of its original Latin meaning. The game is an action/RPG spinoff game, much like Dirge of Cerberus is to Final Fantasy VII. Whether it will be good or not, we'll just have to wait and see.

well what does it mean in latin??

Necronopticous
12-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Tetsuya Nomura said in an interview that the meaning he intends in versus in this context is "change in direction."

Vivisteiner
12-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Versus will have a dark atmosphere and means as Necronopticus said 'the opposite direction.' I hear that it will be released in a black box.

It will have its own story and characters. Im pretty sure it is not a Spin-off, and it will be more action orientated (KH style).

As Azar said, its part of the 'Fabula Nova Crystalis' - Story of the new crystal. The games share the same 'mythos' or common idea/theme.

So FFvXIII might as well be FFXIV, except for it shares a common mythos.

tidus_rox
12-28-2006, 10:33 PM
So its a completly different game, just kinda the same story, got it! :D Thanks, I want this one more than FF XIII... for some reason I like darker games more than "light" ones (lol I am not emo, i just like the look better)

robfinalfantasy
01-03-2007, 02:41 AM
Aww man. I thought it was going to be something like Street Fighter.

Dreddz
01-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Aww man. I thought it was going to be something like Street Fighter.

That would be so sweet.

No.78
01-03-2007, 07:14 PM
...Street Fighter...

....Final Fantasy!?

Stree Fighter... Final Fantasy...

WHAT!?

Best+Worst= NEUTRAL

Neutral is bad :(

Aurons_Desciple
01-03-2007, 10:14 PM
It looks like a mix of Kingdom Hearts and Chaos Legion

play-on-4eva
01-06-2007, 10:15 AM
i want versus xiii but i probaly wont get a ps3 till like a year after it's come out but i'll just w8 and hope that they'll bring 1 out for the wii

RiseToFall
01-06-2007, 09:10 PM
This game probably won't be out until late 2008, so it's definitely a long wait for anybody who's highly anticipating this title.

Rostum
02-15-2007, 02:59 AM
Don't know if it's been posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY7jEVsJ0mY

Moon Rabbits
02-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Versus will have a dark atmosphere and means as Necronopticus said 'the opposite direction.' I hear that it will be released in a black box.

It will have its own story and characters. Im pretty sure it is not a Spin-off, and it will be more action orientated (KH style).

As Azar said, its part of the 'Fabula Nova Crystalis' - Story of the new crystal. The games share the same 'mythos' or common idea/theme.

So FFvXIII might as well be FFXIV, except for it shares a common mythos.

*New Story of the Crystal

Chewy
07-21-2007, 05:19 AM
Maybe the game is like a bad version of the story

Great Sephiroth
07-25-2007, 09:49 PM
I was sooo miss the dark FFs since FFVIII...Simply, I'm gonna bore gay and blonde main characters..Finally we have a dark and charismatic character such like Squall:)