PDA

View Full Version : Something About Funny Creatures...

The Anarchy Angel
12-28-2006, 08:38 PM
That and more fun and frolicks. But first up, I have seen some weird creatures on my plight: a green Yeti, a green Nymph, a brown Mu, a white Ghost (that looks really cute) and I hear there are more. So the first question: can I meet these creatures again? second question: what other ones can I look forward to meeting? third question: what do I need to give them?
Then the Ragtime Mouse, I've met this fellow a few times and answered his questions, but I was wondering, how can I make him appear more often?
The stupid card game! Currently at Dark City Treno and stuck in the card tournament, which really sucks because I don't know how to play and the round two guy seems to have cards with arrows pointing everywhich way and a number of 55 or something stupid, the best I have is probably Shiva, so any tips and hints on that would be greatly appreciated.
Finally, the chest in Dali. I got told that if I found the Mayors Key I could unlock the treasure chest (and I'm a little hard up on cash so it would be a pleasant addition to my funds). I have got a previous save file from when I hadn't started the card tournament (but I'm still in Treno and can't get back to Alexandria) and I would like to find the key. Am willing to travel most of the way across the damn continent to find the key, by the way, so: where is the key to the treasure chest in Dali?
That's about all, thanks in advance!

PuPu
12-28-2006, 09:25 PM
1.) Those "weird creatures" are friendly spirits which is for a side quest you can in Disc 3 or Disc 4. If you give them the type of Gem they want, they will give you a ton pf AP, and the gem for the next spirit. I think you also have to do it in a certain order; if not, it's still easier to since the previous spirit gives you the gem for the next one. Once you have given them all what they wanted, it will help you defeat a super powerful boss, and arguably one of the hardest in FF. If you're wondering what it does, they make it so that you can hit him with physical attacks, and it will make it so that he is weak against shadow elemental attacks, instead of absorbing them.

2.) Ragtimer asks you questions and if you answer them right, he will give you gil. However, if you attack him or answer it wrong, he will run away. If you can answer all of his questions right, he will give you a Protect Ring (either that or Rosetta Ring), which are very good Add-on's. To encounter him more often, try going to forests which you have not visited or rarely visit.

3.) Argh, this is a long one. The arrows on the card indicate where the card can attack, and if two cards with opposing arrows are placed next to each other, then a card battle will occur and the results are determined by the stats of the cards. The numbers on the card represent its stats. The first number left of the letter represents its power, and the numbers right of the letter indicate its physical and magical defenses. The higher the number, the greater its defense or power. (Some cards are really powerful and use letters. From weakest to strongest letter is: E,D,C,B,A if I remember correctly) and letter on the card indicate the type of attack it uses. "P" is physical attack, "M" is magic attack, and "X" attacks the opponent's card's weakest defense. (If the opponent card had "B" for physical defense, but "2" for magic defense, then it will use a magic type attack in a card battle). Card battles can occur more than once if there are multiple opponent cards with opposing arrows to your card. Also, if you win a card battle, the other enemy cards of the defeated card points at also turn to the opposite side as well, which is called a Combo. (For example, your card, Card A defeats opponent's Card B, Card B points to opponent's Card C, so Card C becomes your color as well. For strategy, just try and chose cards with good stats and many arrows (though this can be bad sometimes due to Combos) and try to use Combos against your opponent. Also, you don't have to attack the opponent's cards every turn; playing defensively is also important. Oh and you definitely want to win the tournament. The prize, a Rebirth Ring, is well worth it. (Teaches Auto-Life)

4.) Can't tell you much there, never done this before.

Go here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197338.html) if you want more information.

aquatius
12-28-2006, 10:27 PM
A good way to get ragtime mouse more is go to the middle of a forset and lightly tap a directional button so you move but none of the swirlies that normally follow you in forests appear, just keep doing that and try to stick to the middle. If you do it for ages and you get no random encounters try running normally in it till you get a random encounter. If there is a friendly spirit to be found it the said forest then s/he will be found before the Ragtime Mouse if you use this method.

Vivisteiner
12-30-2006, 11:08 AM
I heard that the spirits and Ragtime appear more often, as soon as you turn your game on. If your really struggling to find them, you could try this. Note, that different spirits occupy different areas, and once you give them the stone(s) they require, they will not appear again. - Also make sure you characters are learning abilities since they give tons of AP.

The Anarchy Angel
12-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Okay that's cool, but I ran away from the Green Feather Circle 'cause I didn't have a Moonstone for it, I didn't do anything to it (other than chuck it a Lapis Lazuli by accident)...so it should appear again, right? If not, it's no big deal.