PDA

View Full Version : DOA Movie~

Markus. D
12-28-2006, 11:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qwe5ufXPb0

This movie was surprisingly executed well!

My girlfriend hated it apart from the background of Kasumi and Christie's motives for entering the tourney.

I enjoyed it!

I became fangirl!

The movie wasn’t only hot (everything in it was hot. random objects. SURE. Hayabusa SURE! Helena SURE!)

But action wise they had some quite unique concepts on how they choreographed the fight scenes.

And I havent actually played much DoA... so yah.

But yeah. The Link above leads me to one of my favourite scenes with Helena fighting Christy.

I think my favourite part though was when Kasumi's brother re-appears, its quite serious.

My problems with the plot.

I think they had a tad to many characters to develop (clearly putting the most depth into Kasumi's past) and left away from the actual sinister plot of it.

Other than that. My favourite movie of this year >_<!

JKTrix
12-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Kasumi is the heroine and poster girl of DOA, so it's natural they would spend the most effort on her story. I was interested in seeing this as well, but I guess if someone enjoyed it it can't be that bad.

RiseToFall
12-29-2006, 03:58 PM
This movie looks absolutely horrible.

Dreddz
12-29-2006, 04:41 PM
This movie was absolutely horrible.

Breine
12-29-2006, 08:07 PM
I'll probably rent this at some point when it's released here in Europe. I'm not sure it'll be in cinemas.

I've heard very mixed things about it, so it'll be interesting to finally see it... also because I've played quite a lot of Dead or Alive back in the days (and still do from time to time).

By the way, Holly Valance and Sarah Carter = Hot stuff. (Helena should've won that fight, though :P)

Elite Lord Sigma
12-30-2006, 05:58 AM
Hey, it can't be as bad as anything directed by Uwe Bolll, can it?

Markus. D
12-30-2006, 06:10 AM
This movie was absolutely horrible.

plot wise they had about how many characters to develop on?

x_x

that was probably why I believe...

but the choreography and moods of the film are beautifull~~~

edit: whoever played Ayane is about as good as acting as me :\

Rusty
12-30-2006, 02:50 PM
It was so, so bad. Worst movie I have ever seen. Movie was mostly fast-forwarded until the end.

DK
12-30-2006, 03:08 PM
From that clip alone the action of the film must have been terrible, however Holly Valance = :up:

Madame Adequate
12-30-2006, 04:55 PM
HAhaha OMG that was amazing, they charged towards each other like there was going to be a big DBZ style punch collision, and then she kicked the bitch right in the ovaries!

... did she just attack with her hair?

OMG I have to see this.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM6Hekw_-Dg&NR

That is seriously the best fight scene evar. Even better than the one in Old Boy.

DK
12-31-2006, 04:20 AM
Yeah I watched a few of the ones after it and that one with Kevin Nash getting beat up by the random playboy lookalike skag was the worst and best thing I ever saw in my life at the same time

Pure Strife
12-31-2006, 11:53 AM

That is seriously the best fight scene evar. Even better than the one in Old Boy.

Joy from My Name is Earl fighting Kevin Nash? That was abysmal, in a way more entertaining than it should ever be allowed to be.

Shoeberto
12-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Was that Devon Aoki?
Oh man. Sin City will never be the same to watch :(

And that first clip looks like the most shameless piece of exploitation in a film ever. I might have to watch this just for the sheer crappiness value.

JKTrix
12-31-2006, 10:18 PM
Now that I've actually gotten around to watching the GooTube clip, it would have been nice to have Christie and Helena actually use the fighting styles they are 'known' for. In the games, you would never see either of them brutally flailing about like that, their styles are very graceful and precise.

And all the girls boobs are way too small. Guess I won't be watchin' this one.

VengefulRonin
12-31-2006, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qwe5ufXPb0

This movie was surprisingly executed well!

After seeing both of those i feel unclean...even Van Damme's Street Fighter movie is better than that...way better. The girls arent even that attractive...how blasphemous

Chimp
12-31-2006, 11:22 PM
I am going to base the entire movie on that one clip.

Bad.

Also, it needs more breasts.

Elly
01-01-2007, 01:49 AM
i'm gonna assume the movie is bad from the props and costuming, way off, i mean since when does Kasumi's Trademark Clothes include pants, i love the DoA series but i'm afraid they may not have done such a good job from the trailers i've seen so far, i will rent it at some point, i hope it to be good but i'm expecting a train wreck of a movie...

Ashley Schovitz
01-01-2007, 03:16 AM
When's the trash coming out?

Markus. D
01-01-2007, 10:39 PM
When's the trash coming out?

its been out for ages o.o

maybe it was made in England?

:3?

edit: the only parts I found trashy were the initial introductions, the Tina vs Bass fight, Some of the acting, how some of the more sinister plot was consrtucted annnnnd~~~ yeah. :]

edit edit: just imagine how swell this thread would have done on a DOA fan forum :(

Bunny
01-02-2007, 04:18 AM
Jann Lee and Brad Wong lost. Horrible movie.