PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XII

Northcrest
12-29-2006, 01:41 AM
So right now I got Final Fantasy XII for Christmas which is 2 thumbs up for me. The only problem is that my uncle in Nigeria is sended me $200.00 to go buy a PS2 but my uncle isn't back yet. So I'm not suspecting to get the money till 12/28/06 and not going to buy it by the next day so I wanted to know what the entire game is about and is it okay and how is the storyline. Oh and 1 more thing, at Best Buy (The store) is a PS2 $180.99 or $129.99?

Ashley Schovitz
12-29-2006, 03:12 AM
PS2's should be 129.99 everywhere but I just recieved a letter today from Gamestop and there selling there's for only $99. Well with XII the game is more dedicated to the battle system than the story. I liked the story in the begginning, in the begginning it really reeled me in, but a little afterwards when you gain all of your characters the storyline drags, mostly due to fields you have to cross and dungeons. If you want to do the Hunt sidequest too as you go along, that will also take up from it, but you should try it because doing the hunts will make the game alot easier as it gets you rewards like gil and weapons. I still haven't beaten the game yet as in over 102 hors of play time, but I think I'm almost through. The game is more difficult than X, IX, VIIi, and VII. It will keep you occupied for a while so buy it if you're looking for a good rpg with a good battlesystem or if you're a FF fan in general.

I wouldn't think that buying a guide would be necessary unless you want to complete all the sidequests, but then you got the internet, but some people prefer reading things in their hands. Eventhough I'm dissapointed with the storyline and I haven't still beat it yet I give it a....

_8.75 overall.

Timerk
12-29-2006, 04:08 AM
Wait to play the game before you start asking for information about it. This is the first FF we have had in a while, don't risk spoiling it for yourself.

Also, I would take a look at some sort of guide, there are things you can do in the first couple of hours in the game that will hurt you when you get to the end.