PDA

View Full Version : How did some of you set up your party?

Setharion
12-29-2006, 04:44 AM
Which materia did you consider the most important to use and who became what for your team?

Just looking for some ideas here, were there any chars that are pretty worthless to level up or all pretty decent if up?

thegirth
01-18-2007, 07:12 AM
some consider it cheating, but if you make good gil, a ton of HP plus is nice , purchase at Cosmo or Mideel

ReloadPsi
01-18-2007, 07:50 AM
I once did a game where each character was given their own Materia setup to match a job class from an FF game, and I'd rotate them as I went along. I used a Time Mage, White Mage and Ninja for the final battle, those being Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie repsectively.

Approximate setups according to what appears if I load the save file in the JENOVA editor, and no I didn't cheat these. Nicknames included too, I came up with weird names based on the character's usual name...

Cloud - Time Mage - Loud
Time-Added Effect, Comet, Exit, Demi, W-Magic
Time-All, Restore-All (for Regen), HP Plus, W-Item

No Time-Added Effect in the armour, as it makes him immune to Haste, oddly enough.

Barret - Knight - Mallet
Counter Attack, Cover, Long Range, Chocobo Lure, Luck Plus, Cover
HP Plus, Deathblow

Lots of Luck modifiers to make him score critical hits

Tifa - White Mage - Pizza
Destruct, Revive, Heal, FullCure
Barrier-All, Restore-All, Shield, Magic Plus, Restore-MP Turbo

Very straightforward. I realise Destruct has Death, but what can you do about that eh?

Red XIII - Black Mage - Red&Green
A load of damage spell materia, but for some reason it's all unequipped. Oh well.

Yuffie - Ninja/Thief (Think FF1) - Hoopy
Throw, Double Cut, Morph-Command Counter, Steal

Straightforward. I murdered the final boss with Double Cut. I think I gave her Mime at some point too...

Cait Sith - Blue Mage - 8-bit
Enemy Skill, Manipulate, Sense, Magic Plus

Another simple one; this guy's awesome once you get all the Enemy Skills.

Vincent - Summoner - Dissent
Apparently giving someone every summon is severely detrimental to their HP, but I don't like Vincent so it's all cool.

Cid - Status Ailments guy (aka I ran out ideas here) - Literate (Don't ask me how I came up with the name either)
Just gave him every status ailment casting materia. Nothing too special. Made sure he had accessories that put his strength back up too.

This was the most fun game of FF7 I ever played, and you should give it a try.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-18-2007, 11:11 AM
i tend to judge which to give who based upon hp. say with cloud and aerith, aerith has less hp so i wud giv her things like command materia and cloud more magic materia, and so on

thegirth
01-18-2007, 08:39 PM
that was an awesome list to read

ReloadPsi
01-18-2007, 09:28 PM
some consider it cheating, but if you make good gil, a ton of HP plus is nice , purchase at Cosmo or Mideel
That's not cheating at all. Abusing the W-Item thing to make a whole bunch of Sylkis Greens (or other expensive battle item) to sell on in order to get said Materia would be cheating.

Mr. Graves
01-19-2007, 12:39 AM

It's not cheating since there is nothing really 'wrong' with that. That's like saying it's cheating to have one Restore materia on each party member at all times, or using Knights of the Round once. :p And yes, it's a great idea to have a bunch of HP Plus.

Restore is good to have, as well as Time. Steal is great.

I don't really go by character stats, though I try not to put too much Materia on Aeris early on until she has a good amount of Max HP. Other than that I just put on whatever Materia on whichever character I feel like.

Xurts
01-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Cool idea, Psi. That would be a pretty fun way of playing.

My party generally consists of Barret and Cid. I occasionally use Yuffie for Morphing things. Tifa would be in my final party instead of Cid if it wasn't for the crappy power-up on her Premium Heart.

ReloadPsi
01-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Tifa would be in my final party instead of Cid if it wasn't for the crappy power-up on her Premium Heart.
Yup, that's pretty much why I made her a "mage".

MustangCobraSVT
01-20-2007, 05:20 AM
I usually use Cloud, Tiffa, Barret for my final party but they are about the same level as everyone else. I usually have Cloud use the majority of the magic materia and Barret use the steal, mime, etc materia and Tifa heals. I havent played in awhile so what is the upgrade on the premium heart?

Xurts
01-20-2007, 06:09 AM
I usually use Cloud, Tiffa, Barret for my final party but they are about the same level as everyone else. I usually have Cloud use the majority of the magic materia and Barret use the steal, mime, etc materia and Tifa heals. I havent played in awhile so what is the upgrade on the premium heart?
The Premium Heart's power depends on how many times Tifa missed the slot wheels during her Limits.

Levian
01-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Ooh, I like the list, Psi. That should make FFVII more interesting. :D The characters are so much like eachother in this game. I wonder if this would work well in FFVIII too.

I'm actually playing through FFVII right now so I think I'm gonna change it to your style. Just got to Nibelheim.

Edge7
01-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Apparently giving someone every summon is severely detrimental to their HP, but I don't like Vincent so it's all cool.

Gasp! Vincent's cool even though all I gave Vincent Was deathblow but It worked out fine.
Red was my summoner, still liked him though. It just looks cool when he howls and a summon spirit comes. Also, the fact that they both had their ultimate weapons and limit breaks put them in my final party.I mean, when Cloud's dead, Red's confused and Vincent is chaos, that last blow came in handy.

TheSpoonyBard
01-20-2007, 02:37 PM
The Premium Heart's power depends on how many times Tifa missed the slot wheels during her Limits.
The power of Premium Heart depends on how full her Limit Gauge is multiplied by the current Limit Level.

Or, if you want to be technical,

Power = [Power * [Tifa's Limit Level * Limit Bar Units / 16] / 16] + 1

You can have a maximum of 255 Limit Bar Units (full Limit Gauge)

So for maximum benefit, get her Limit Gauge full and use Mug or Deathblow.

Sain Cai
01-20-2007, 04:59 PM
The power of Premium Heart depends on how full her Limit Gauge is multiplied by the current Limit Level.

Or, if you want to be technical,

Power = [Power * [Tifa's Limit Level * Limit Bar Units / 16] / 16] + 1

You can have a maximum of 255 Limit Bar Units (full Limit Gauge)

So for maximum benefit, get her Limit Gauge full and use Mug or Deathblow.

I never knew that, I always wondered why I was doind ass for damage with Tifa, she was always in my party, and was pretty high leveled. I will do the suggestions Endless

smilejb
01-20-2007, 07:48 PM
/me misses my final fantasy VII >_>.

Thats pretty cool though, making it like jobs. If I ever get to play the game again, I'll have to do that :-D.

Cloud_Lion_Heart
01-22-2007, 02:15 AM
Cloud - Omni - Slash
Ultima weapon
Master magic - All, Master command - Hp absorb, Master summon - Mp absorb, Enemy skill, Double cut.
armor
Pheniox - Final attack, Master command - Mp absorb, Hp plus
All stats 255

Barret - Catastrphy
Missing score
Master magic - Mega all, Master command - Hp absorb, Master summon - mp absorb Enemy skill,W - magic
Armor
W- summon, W- item, Master command - Mp absorb, Hp plus,
Almost all stats 255

Cid - Highwind
Venius gospel
Master magic - All, Master command - Hp absorb, master summon - Mp absorb, Enemy skill, Double cut
Armor
Magic plus, Mp - Plus, master command - Mp absorb, Hp plus
Almost all stats 255

Yuffie - Doom of the living
Comformor
Master magic - Mega all, master command - Hp absorb, master summon - Mp absorb, Enemy skill, W-summon
Armor
Morph - Sneak attack, Master command - Mp absorb, Hp plus
Almost all stats 255

This is my top four players I have enough master "whatever" to do all my charaters but these are the best.

ReloadPsi
01-22-2007, 05:14 AM

Gasp! Vincent's cool even though all I gave Vincent Was deathblow but It worked out fine.
Heh, I hope you're not a huge fan of FF1's Black Mage then, else we'll never get along ;)

Anyways, I guess Vincent isn't that bad. He's got an excellent magic stat and is better on those physical attacks than Aeris, so he makes a fantastic devoted magic user after she polishes the Masamune, but his big shortcoming is that limit break of his, causing him to lose all those awesome abilities to which you gave him access. This, by the way, is the other advantage of making him a summoner: Have him exhaust all the spells, then transform. Win. But given all that, it's why I'm not keen on him, though I'm thinking of using him on my next playthrough as a Black Summoner or something as again, those are things you'll miss less during boss fights.

Oh yeah, oh yeah, Deathblow: You'll never need another weapon for him once you've bought the Long Barrel R from Costa Del Sol during the second disc. It has an accuracy of 255, meaning it never misses, even with Deathblow. By the time the weapon is too weak for Deathblow to do enough damage, you'll have Death Penalty, hopefully powered up from all the kills scored while overworking those summon monsters.

Xurts
01-22-2007, 06:26 PM
That's an interesting way of using Vincent. I might have to try that if I start FF7 again.

TheSpoonyBard
01-22-2007, 06:49 PM
It has an accuracy of 255, meaning it never misses, even with Deathblow.
D.Blow can miss with 255 Attack%, since it reduces Attack% by 2/3 when used. Still, not a bad strategy.

smilejb
01-22-2007, 10:01 PM
I never really used deathblow. But that is cool to know.

MustangCobraSVT
01-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Cloud_Lion's party looks pretty sick. But i had a question All, Master command - Hp absorb, Master summon - Mp absorb, what does those combos do/what the devil is master command. Is it like Master and Commander, cause the movie was horrible. Also what does mega all do. Thanks.

Cloud_Lion_Heart
01-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Cloud_Lion's party looks pretty sick. But i had a question All, Master command - Hp absorb, Master summon - Mp absorb, what does those combos do/what the devil is master command. Is it like Master and Commander, cause the movie was horrible. Also what does mega all do. Thanks.

Master command - Hp/Mp absorb allows any command including 2 Time cut and slash all to absorb some Hp and Mp as long as it hurts. So basically it drains HP and MP due to attacking monsters.

Master Summon - Hp/Mp absorb Allows Drain after summoning.

Mega all adds all efect to all Magic and commands Plus gives a slash all effect.

Kenji Longaway
01-23-2007, 09:52 PM

People who consider that cheating are ignorant. Why would they have made it possible to obtain the materia in the first place?

Anyway, if I could only equip one materia, it would have to be the Enemy skill materia. It is very versatile, durable, and most spells don't even cost that much MP. While dueling in the Battle Arena in the Golden Saucer, "White Wind", "Magic Hammer", and "Angel's Whisper" became a Godsend.
But you shouldn't try to strain yourself with combo magic. I mastered every kind of combination possible. No one knows as much about tha game as I do.

Mercen-X
01-23-2007, 10:34 PM
CCT