PDA

View Full Version : a few questions...please dont delete its driving me nuts lol. kupo.

Joshcfl08
12-29-2006, 05:39 AM
5 questions that i need to know about the game before i play again:

01) When the hell am i gonna get summons or ASHE? im in the part where im saving Penelo and its like okay im a quarter done w/ the game and still only 4 characters.

02) Why is the guide telling me all the hunts for like the Cockotrice hunter when its like level 19 and im still level 10 which is good for where im @ (saving penelo area)

03) Which items should I Keep and should i sell them for other stuff??

04) Why is Fran an invisible character in the game?? does she actually get shown? shes like the Khimahri of the game and shes almost as cool as Lulu, my favorite character ever next to Laguna/Zell/Selphie.

05) Is the game long compared to X?

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS I LOVE THIS SITE/FORUM u guys are awesome :)

Zechs
12-29-2006, 06:03 AM
1) You gat 'captured' by the empire. You will now what will happen when you hit this part.

2) The guide references all of the hunts. You can accept any hunt and hit it soon or later. It is just offered, not required at the time.

3) Keep all items that can be used. Sell all that fall under loot catagory.

4) Fran isn't invisible. She is a Viera. She is almost shown along side Balthier.

5) Yes. It can expand to 80 hours.

Joshcfl08
12-29-2006, 06:06 AM
oh okay so if i cant do a hunt right away its not a big issue?

Zechs
12-29-2006, 06:09 AM
Nope. The only real problem ones are Giza plains, wet and dry times.

Renmiri
12-29-2006, 07:41 AM
Hunts allow you to buy better stuff at the clan's shop. Some hunts open access to some optional Espers (the aeons of XII) and other areas in the game that you will not see without them.

You are not nearly at the first 20% of the game let alone "half done" ;)

Fran isn't invisible, she will show quite a lot a bit later, when you get to Golmore Jungle. But to see her now just make her your party leader. You know how to do that, right ? If not, take all from the party but her, then add 2 people back. Presto, Fran on all screens :D

Joshcfl08
12-29-2006, 04:32 PM
lol ur funny. but i have one last question. what levels should i be w/ bo gamnam? I leveled up all my characters 2 levels and i frickin died!! i was level 12 when i was fighting him. i might now level up to like level 15 now to try 2 attack him because his hp is sooo high.

Dynast-Kid
12-29-2006, 05:02 PM
lol ur funny. but i have one last question. what levels should i be w/ bo gamnam? I leveled up all my characters 2 levels and i frickin died!! i was level 12 when i was fighting him. i might now level up to like level 15 now to try 2 attack him because his hp is sooo high.

In the Lhusu Mines?

Because you're not supposed to fight him, you're supposed to flee.

Moon Rabbits
12-29-2006, 05:03 PM
You run from him.

Joshcfl08
12-29-2006, 05:09 PM
I tried that and they blocked my path lol. i have a ridiculous walkthrough that im not paying attention to anymore. first they tell me to fight enemies near the ghost hunt that will kill u in a punch and now there saying kill the guy who kidnapped Penelo who is impossible to defeat. is there a walkthrough that i can really follow? and ONE more question that i just realized...

Why is it in my game that there names are different from what u guys say on the forums. for example Lamont and the queen Ashe has a different name. its really confusing?

Dynast-Kid
12-29-2006, 05:13 PM
I tried that and they blocked my path lol. i have a ridiculous walkthrough that im not paying attention to anymore. first they tell me to fight enemies near the ghost hunt that will kill u in a punch and now there saying kill the guy who kidnapped Penelo who is impossible to defeat. is there a walkthrough that i can really follow? and ONE more question that i just realized...

Why is it in my game that there names are different from what u guys say on the forums. for example Lamont and the queen Ashe has a different name. its really confusing?

I really don't want to spoil the game for you, so i'm just gonna tell you this. Play farther into the game.

Joshcfl08
12-29-2006, 05:18 PM
oh okay i was just confused about maybe i had a different version or something lol. but nvm i get it now haha. But does anyone have a good walkthrough to follow and any more advice on bo gamnan on trying to flee? lol. im too slow for him haha

Renmiri
12-29-2006, 06:11 PM

To flee: 12 is good but a better level is 13 or 14 to get ready for the next mission.

To fight (like I did): level 20.

Fighting them is oddly satisfying :D and doesn't spoil the rest of the game at all. Besides, you get oodles of "bone fragments" while leveling up at Lhusu so by selling them you get tons of money to buy good weapons, armor, etc... And it makes you ready for the next 3 missions: Leviathan, Ogir Yensa, Nam Yensa...
:love: :love: :love:

Joshcfl08
12-29-2006, 06:13 PM
okay now im gonna level up insanely lol.

Timerk
12-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Spoiler tags, guys.

Joshcfl08
12-30-2006, 09:52 PM
okay I just left defeating the Judge that captured Penelo/Ashe and now im wondering if my levels are good enough for where im @.

Ashe: Level 16 (Green magick she is pretty much my bodyguard)
Balthier: Level 15 (Highest hp, warrior)
Fran: Level 15 (Higest mp, magick)
Penelo: Level 15 (Theaf)
Vaan: Level 14 (Magick)
Basch: Level 14 (Second highest hp, warrior)

tidus_rox
12-31-2006, 06:17 AM
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=142884&rid=132686

There is agood walkthrough for free! From what i read (I only scanned it) it is very reliable

Renmiri
12-31-2006, 08:59 PM
You are good for the Leviathan but a bit weak for the Sandseas

Meh, the sandseas is a good place to level up, but a) Stay on the platforms and b) If you see a circle of red / yellow or blue (an entite) run away

Joshcfl08
01-01-2007, 12:48 AM
What level should I be? right now im in the sandsea fighting those same creatures that fight together it seems who were riding in the sand and my levels are the following:

Fran: Level 18 (highest level, am i the only one w/ Fran highest?
Balthier: Level 17
Ashe: Level 17
Basch: Level 16
Penelo: Level 16
Vaan: Level 14 (lol)

the way i do my teams are figuring out whose similar with each other and get the highest one of the 2 skill/level wise like...

Fran-Vaan (both high magic)
Basch-Balthier (both highest attackers)
Ashe-Penelo (basically other although Penelo is more of my thief and Ashe is more the green mage.)

Therefore my team includes: Fran, Basch (because i have him hooked up with Quickenings and he has highest hp, great attack), and Penelo because she also has the Quickenings and she has the least similar attacks compared to Fran and Basch. As you can see I rarely use Vaan the only thing hes good for is attacks but I think Basch and Balthier beat him in that and Fran is DEFINITELY the best mage.

-Penelo/Basch have 2 Quickenings (Basch almost 3)
-Balthier/Vaan have 1
-Fran is close to 1
-Ashe is prolly never getting 1 netime soon