PDA

View Full Version : ever got a really bad cut but ignored it....

Savern Volaco
12-30-2006, 01:49 AM
today I cut my hand pretty much open except the fact that I glued it together with super glue, I need no stitches...I think I won't pay for a fixing of a wound I can fix.

which brigs up this...Why is it when I see my own blood I don't faint and why when I see other peoples blood I faint. I find that I can not figure it out, so I ask you why is it like that?

also why would I want stitches I think a bit of super glue would be fine it is effective healing tool, and is fixing a wound with super glue bad or good? I wonder what a doctor would say...:confused: (I bet it is not good )

Odaisé Gaelach
12-30-2006, 02:19 AM
No, I somehow doubt that gluing a gash together instead of going to a hospital and getting stitches is really a good idea.

Kamiko
12-30-2006, 02:22 AM
For some reason I thought this thread was going to be about Turkey.
Now I don't know what to say except that duct tape works better than glue and medical attention works better than both.

Ben
12-30-2006, 02:37 AM
I just got an ad at the bottom of the screen that says "Open wounds?""Expedite recover and reduce the risk of infection" lol!

Vikeve
12-30-2006, 02:43 AM
Yeah my Skatebaording cut that I got as explained in one of my threads was actually really bad. And I didn't care.:)

McLovin'
12-30-2006, 03:27 AM
In paintball I got hit in the exact same spot a crap load of times on my back and my welt basically exploded.

Pike
12-30-2006, 03:43 AM
Occasionally I do seem to injure myself and then not notice until later when I start wondering why I'm getting blood all over everything. Kinda funny how it doesn't seem to hurt until I notice it's there...

Faris
12-30-2006, 03:46 AM
Yeah, I got this nasty paper cut once, and didn't even notice it. Well, not until after when I was far away from paper.

Shlup
12-30-2006, 04:13 AM
My husband cut himself pretty bad a couple of months ago, so I superglued it. I told him that if it didn't stop bleeding in a few hours I was taking him for stitches, but superglue usually works fine.

Madame Adequate
12-30-2006, 04:24 AM
Superglue is excellent for a fast patch up; in fact it is basically what the military used to use (Don't know if they still do) to keep a soldier alive until he could be got to proper facilities.

It is not, to the best of my knowledge, a suitable substitute for proper medical care.

blackmage_nuke
12-30-2006, 05:15 AM
That sounds like youve gotten into a rather sticky situation

And i dont know why people would faint at the sight of blood.

Im careful and never get bad cuts :)

-

Christmas
12-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Curaga will do the trick. :bigsmile:

tidus_rox
12-30-2006, 07:20 AM
My brother faints whenever he get a needle put in him.

The only bad cut I had was in grade 3. I ripped open a pop can and dint notice the cut for a while. Everyone in my class that year would ask for a bandaid if they got poked.

I just sat at my desk with a paer towel holding my fingure together, listening to the lesson being taught. I was dripping blood all over my desk but didn't notice

My teacher said "THAT is when you ask for a bandaid" I got like 10 stiches or something

Little Blue
12-30-2006, 02:25 PM
As long as I can wrap the wound tightly in a hankerchief, I never bother with stitches or even simple plasters.

Fortunately, I only ever get minor cuts on my fingers cos I'm a bit clumsy in the kitchen. :D

Iceglow
12-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Superglue in essence was designed to patch soldiers up during Vietman untill they got to a field hospital and is actually quite a good healing tool.

I'm in the UK so we get NHS treatment thankfully.

As for the whole cuts that are pretty bad but you've ignored, yeah you could say I have had a few what with my history and all :rollseyes:

Megami
12-30-2006, 10:56 PM
I am exactly the opposite: My own blood impresses me, but I can handle the needles and wounds on the other people in a different way (I am a nurse student). I don't know why I feel so impressed so much with my own blood but..that's just me :x

Peter_20
12-30-2006, 11:01 PM
During my High School years I'd lost my shoes one morning, and since I was late I had to borrow a smaller pair from my mother's boyfriend.
They turned out to be too small, so they hurt my feet a lot, but I didn't care about it for several days.
Then my feet became infected and I had to visit the hospital. XD

Dixie
12-30-2006, 11:20 PM
I cry almost everytime I get cut. Not because it hurts, but because I'm afraid it's going to get infected and then I'm going to die. xD

Zeldy
12-30-2006, 11:28 PM
I havn had an "really bad" cuts recently, so I cant really remember. Ive sometimes come home and been like "Oh. Wheres that cut from? xD"

Old Manus
12-31-2006, 12:06 AM
I remember this one time when I was in the jungle, a Panther bit my hand and I didn't have any bandages or superglue, so I had to make my own with the help of my other hand.

Savern Volaco
01-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Okay I asked my freind to cut his hand slightly so I could see his blood...he did, I saw the blood got dissy and whatnot but I didnt faint. then as I was um crossing the street I thought about it...I [pretty much face planted the crass walk. ;yeah bad timing on myy minds part I guess I can't stand to see other peoples blood. I almost beat my strange fault.

final fantasy is stinky
01-01-2007, 07:45 AM
I remember this one time i cut my hand off..... but i managed to get it back on with the help of duct tape of course well im off buh bye.....:p

Alive-Cat
01-01-2007, 10:56 AM
I have been cut many times before in my life, but for some reason, I have never thought of gluing myself back together with superglue. :(

Pike
01-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Another thing that happens to me sometimes is that zits will form in the crevices of my ears and then they pop and bleed x_x TRUE STORY.

Chemical
01-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Not too long ago I wore higheels and had to walk up a snow covered encline that ended with the unfortunate cutting of my knee. My neice says "it looks like a Chinese symbol" my grandmum says "You should put some cream on that." Both are right.

EDIT:

You know it kind of looks like a smiley/numeric thingy.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-01-2007, 10:11 PM
No, I somehow doubt that gluing a gash together instead of going to a hospital and getting stitches is really a good idea.

Exactly. I'll second that advise. You're basically cauterizing your wounds with glue, and usually cauterizing is only used in extreme situations when there's a lack of better treatment, such as in the war. Besides, it's painful, and possibly quite toxic for your wound, even dangerous; and you have a distinct lack of medical experience compared to medical staff with better tools and more experience.

In short, I beleive glue is "treatment" (if you can call it that) which is highly inferior to the help you get at a hospital, and it could be dangerous. I wouldn't do that ever again.