PDA

View Full Version : How would you rate this find?

Safis
12-30-2006, 03:27 AM
I was at EB Games checking out their DS selection when I noticed a stack of used games on the counter, with FF8 on top. At first glance, I thought it said $19.99, but then when I looked at it, I noticed it was only $9.99 (Canadian) - the cheapest I'd ever come across it before was $19.99. I was missing FF3, FF4, FF8, and FF12, so I decided I couldn't pass it by at that price. Then I looked in the rest of the stack and found FF Chronicles and Chrono Cross, also $9.99 each. FF8 is the original release (not Greatest Hits), as is FF Chronicles (is there a GH version of this?). Chrono Cross is GH.

So, three games I was missing (four, really) for $30CAN. I'm pretty pleased with that :)

Apparently someone just came and traded those in a few hours earlier and there was an original release FF7 in the stack, which they already sold.

And all this is after buying a DS Lite with Metroid Prime: Hunters, Brain Age, and Animal Crossing: Wild World. So $260 blown in one day. It's been a long time since I've spent that much money. I'm going to buy FF3 for DS as soon as they restock it around here, then I'll only be missing FF12!

Takara
12-30-2006, 03:56 AM
Assuming none of these disks are scratched or anything like that, I'd say it was an awesome deal.

RiseToFall
12-30-2006, 04:08 AM
Chronicles non GH for $9.99 is a pretty good deal.

Safis
12-30-2006, 04:53 AM
Yeah, they're all in perfect condition. No scratches on the disks, no wear on the manuals. The only thing is there are price stickers on the fronts of the cases.

Cruise Control
12-30-2006, 04:58 AM
Not bad. I had a similiar situation. I was able to pick Chrono Cross, Metal Gear Solid 3, Devil May Cry 2 and 3, Tactics, and Megaman Anniversary Collections for about 125. Go used section!

DarkLadyNyara
12-31-2006, 04:13 AM
Niiiice. :D Wish I could find deals like that.

Shoeberto
12-31-2006, 04:22 AM
Yeah, they're all in perfect condition. No scratches on the disks, no wear on the manuals. The only thing is there are price stickers on the fronts of the cases.
That's the worst part of buying used. Especially when it's a game that's been sitting there a while and has been marked down repeatedly - it's just sticker after sticker, sometimes not even in the same spot, making them more difficult and annoying to remove.

Used games rock otherwise.