PDA

View Full Version : Really need help

Kevin1990
12-30-2006, 05:04 AM
I just got FFIII for Christmas and just really started playing it today. It is my first Final Fantasy game and i have no idea what i am doing. I am just at the part where you meet Arc in the village and he is being picked on by the other kids. When i leave that village and go into the woods etc. I do not even have enough strength to beat the Werewolf and Killer bee, what am i doing wrong. I have 47 hp and i just have no idea how to do this game. I also do not know how to increase my job level. Please help because although i am terrible, this seems like a pretty cool game and i want to understand it.

Jowy
12-30-2006, 05:51 AM
Go back to the cave at the beginning of the game and loot some weapons. Just give Luneth two swords and watch him kick some ass. Job level should increase as you fight battles.

I should probably play this game instead of having it sit on my shelf.

ljkkjlcm9
12-30-2006, 06:40 AM
Jobs need 100 exp to level up. But this EXP is different from EXP after battle. UEvery action gives a certain amount of Job EXP. Until your class is level 14, every action gives 20 exp, so if you have every battle last for 5 rounds, and every person do something, you will gain a job level every battle up til level 14. The easiest way to do this is to guard. Guard for a few turns, then kill the enemy. After that your battle EXP depends on what job you are. Each hand has EXP and levels too, and just using it raises it, but I see no way to actually see the values or know how high you've trained a hand.

THE JACKEL

Elpizo
12-30-2006, 09:17 AM
- Whenever you act (except change front/back line and escape), you got a "proficiency point" or "job point". When it hits 99, you'll gain one job level.

- No job point is earned if you escaped, or the character is killed

- Before every 14, each action will always grant 20 JP, regardless your job (except scholar, who gets 24). After 14, each action will lead to different JP growth depends on what job you're using:

Freelancer: 20
Warrior: 14
Monk: 14
W mage: 10
B mage: 10
R mage 12
Rnager: 14
Knight: 12
Thief: 18
Scholar: 24
Geomancer: 14
Dragoon: 16
Viking: 14
Dark Knight: 14
Evoker: 10
Bard: 18
Black Belt: 14
Devout: 10
Magus: 10
Summoner 12
Sage: 10
Ninja: 12
Onion Knight: 8

So, you can expect Onion Knight to be the slowest in job leveling up; taking up to about 10 action to advance one job level, while scholar tend to level up for every 5 actions.
If the guy who wrote this is not wrong, this should help you for leveling up jobs.

cecil+rosa
12-30-2006, 04:06 PM
whats an onion knight when he gets sliced does he make you cry? lol sob sob

Kevin1990
12-30-2006, 08:23 PM
thanks, im starting to get it but what job level do i have to have in order to get a job other than freelancer?

Elpizo
12-30-2006, 08:44 PM
thanks, im starting to get it but what job level do i have to have in order to get a job other than freelancer?
You get jobs after you've freed a crystal. Your first jobs you get after beating the boss in the Sealed Cave. After that crystal there are 3 more that give you jobs, except for the Onion Knight which you have to unlock through WiFi Mognet.

Kevin1990
12-30-2006, 10:43 PM
thank you, is the sealed cave the one in the town where you find Arc? I went into that cave and Arc and i had to fight a Zombie and a Mummy or something and just died, i have 56 HP and he has 47, i am at level 3, how do i get stronger and what level should i be at by now?

ljkkjlcm9
12-31-2006, 12:42 AM
thank you, is the sealed cave the one in the town where you find Arc? I went into that cave and Arc and i had to fight a Zombie and a Mummy or something and just died, i have 56 HP and he has 47, i am at level 3, how do i get stronger and what level should i be at by now?

go to the inn and talk to the "people" in there. One is Cid, then go to the desert to the west of town, find another character and an airship, then fly to the castle, get another character, then fly across the lake to the north to the sealed cave.

You should die in that cave at the back of town

THE JACKEL

Kevin1990
12-31-2006, 05:30 AM
where is the boss in the sealed cave?

i cant find any hidden passages or anything...

Edit by Psychotic: Hey Kevin 1990 please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button if you have anything else you wish to add. Thank you.

NINJA_Ryu
01-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Dont double post please.

Quite bluntly, this is a GAME! It is meant for YOU to play it, the boss isnt hidden, you just have to go find him yourself, and if your stuck, go back and ask NPCs! They will 99.9% of the time tell you directly or indirectly what to do.

Hambone
01-01-2007, 02:15 AM
Why don't you stop posting in help threads if you're not going to help!? That goes for NINJA_Ryu and ljkkjlcm9.

undnce
01-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Why don't you stop posting in help threads if you're not going to help!? That goes for NINJA_Ryu and ljkkjlcm9.
errr.... I don't mean to interrupt but... so are you...
and obviously me 2:D

Hambone
01-01-2007, 03:43 AM
I meant it different than that. But I will help now.

Hrmm...

When you first enter, go down all the way to that potion. Now, go back up and turn right. Keep going until you see an open "room" with a chest in it. This contains "cure" magic. Get out of there and make a right, go down when you hit that wall all the way into the next chamber. Go right until you hit the wall. Go down again and you'll reach the next chamber.
Go down, when you get to that intersection, go up, keep following the trail and you'll reach Djinn. That's the best I can explain it without actually using your DS to do it for you.

ljkkjlcm9
01-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Every single one of my posts has offered advice. I may have also stated to stop asking what level you should be over and over at different points, but I always give a piece of advice with every post... that being said NINJA_ryu did offer advice and said to go ask NPC's that is advice.

The only thing that upsets us is when you constantly ask for advice as opposed to just playing the game yourself. The sealed cave is the easiest and most straightforward cave. If he can't figure that out himself, he's screwed for the entire game. Basically NINJA_ryu's advice was to help him figure it out himself because that's what you have to do. I originally played the FFIII rom for the NES, and it was even more difficult figuring out what to do, but I didn't ask for help constantly anywhere.

THE JACKEL

Kevin1990
01-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Thank you Hambone for helping me. Everyone else, im sorry for repeatedly asking for help but this is my first Final Fantasy- my first RPG (besides Zelda... i think thats an RPG) for that matter and i have no idea what i am doing, and if i didnt get help on an internet forum somewhere this game would probably be heading back to GameStop for whatever money i could get for it. If you are upset about me asking for help or think my questions are stupid, just dont answer, thanks.

ljkkjlcm9
01-01-2007, 07:47 AM
We're not upset if you ask for help when you truly need it, but the thing about RPGs is exploration, walk around and talk to people, explore. If you're still stuck, we're more than happy to help!

(btw Zelda is NOT an RPG)

THE JACKEL

Hambone
01-01-2007, 07:53 AM
I do somewhat agree, which makes me a hypocrite. Dang.