lufia
12-30-2006, 07:18 PM
you can't switch like in ff7 but u can only defend by pressing ->

Jowy
12-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Where the fuck did LH come from?

vorpal blade
12-30-2006, 11:31 PM
I was annoyed at that. But then you can't skip turns in FFX without defending either.

Could you skip turns in the SNES version?

Zeromus_X
12-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Not that I remember. I'm pretty certain that option was first introduced in FFVI, whereas in FFIV and V (the two earlier games with the ATB system), you had to defend to use the next person's turn. I don't remember if FFVII had it or not, but I would assume it does. I know for sure that FFVIII has it. And FFX doesn't have a feature like that because it uses the CTB system, not the ATB system, and it isn't required due to how that turn system works.

vorpal blade
12-31-2006, 12:39 AM
I don't remember if FFVII had it or not, but I would assume it does.
It does indeed (Triangle Button)

And FFX doesn't have a feature like that because it uses the CTB system, not the ATB system, and it isn't required due to how that turn system works.
What do you mean? Wouldn't skipping a turn be useful in FFX?

rubah
12-31-2006, 07:15 PM
You can defend in ffx, but you just get another turn almost immediately. If you want a bunch of turns you can switch weapons and *then* defend:D

Zeromus_X
12-31-2006, 07:40 PM
And FFX doesn't have a feature like that because it uses the CTB system, not the ATB system, and it isn't required due to how that turn system works.
What do you mean? Wouldn't skipping a turn be useful in FFX?

Well, I was assuming you meant to skip a turn while keeping the person's turn you skipped in reserve, which isn't possible in FFX due to its battle system. Of course you can skip a turn by defending, but you'll have to wait until that character's next turn.

LH
01-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Ah, thanks guys. I was feeling like I was missing out for a second there.