PDA

View Full Version : Avoid flirting because you feel unclean?

Peter_20
12-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Do you ever avoid flirting with someone because you don't feel fresh?
I do regurarly. :p
Sometimes I have these sucky days when my hair's extremely dirty, my face is pale and weird, and I've forgotten to shave myself.
This is enough to put me off anything that concerns flirting.

Do you recognize yourselves, mayhap? :rolleyes2

Kamiko
12-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Every day of my life haha...
ha.
God cursed me and that's sad.

Vikeve
12-30-2006, 05:33 PM
It's funny whenever I look good one day I'm not spending time with the boy I have a crush on. But when I look bad I do hang out with him. I bet it's in my head.

But at least its a good thing cuz he wants to spend time with me even though I think I look ugly.:)

Jebus
12-30-2006, 05:36 PM
No. I don't flirt for two reasons:

1) I don't really know how
2) I'm erotophobic.

LoveArya
12-30-2006, 05:41 PM
I always try to look my best, even when Im not doing anything that day.
I dont flirt when I'm taken..Well, sometimes I do, but its unintentional

Peter_20
12-30-2006, 05:43 PM
It's funny whenever I look good one day I'm not spending time with the boy I have a crush on. But when I look bad I do hang out with him. I bet it's in my head.

But at least its a good thing cuz he wants to spend time with me even though I think I look ugly.:)I've got some interesting facts: obviously we underrate ourselves, so you're probably hotter than your imagined max potential.
Also you often see huge changes in yourself, but everyone else thinks you look pretty much the same.

CONCLUSION:
If you find yourself to look decent at the best, you're probably über-hot all the time. :D

Kris_A
12-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Do you ever avoid flirting with someone because you don't feel fresh?

Oh god, yeah >_< I don't usually feel dirty but when I do I just don't wanna go near anyone. Even guys...

Madonna
12-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Hygiene is all the rage, man. If you do not have good hygiene, there is no point in flirting. The whole atmosphere of "I do not care enough to look good, what makes you think I could care enough about another person?" pervades you if you run around hitting on people when you are not looking your best.

I thought this thread might have been about avoiding flirting with others because you feel emotionally guilty in some respect. That idea has potential.

Rye
12-30-2006, 06:16 PM
When I'm not "fresh", I usually don't leave the house. Those are usually personal off days where I sit in the house in PJs and read and eat all day. :p

Spammerman
12-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Y aren't there any ugly people on eoff?

LoveArya
12-30-2006, 06:36 PM
lol

~*~Celes~*~
12-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Alan doesn't understand why I insist on brushing my hair before going on cam...it's all about lookin' good to yourself, because if you look good to yourself, it makes you look good to others 'cause of that glow of confidence :)

Iceglow
12-30-2006, 06:41 PM
I might go out looking rough some times and on more than one occasion I have gotten with someone or flirted with someone in that state, nothing too major it's generally I haven't shaved in a day or 2 and maybe haven't had a shower just a wash or something (which in general can make you cleaner but not completely "fresh") I always do my hair before going out though so that's never a problem for me. And I take care of my teeth religiously.

blim
12-30-2006, 06:43 PM

yeah, me :)

Madame Adequate
12-30-2006, 06:48 PM
When I'm not "fresh", I usually don't leave the house. Those are usually personal off days where I sit in the house in PJs and read and eat all day. :p

Nobody has seen Jess IRL for six years :jess:

Old Manus
12-30-2006, 07:02 PM
I thought you had to be dirty while flirting :confused:

Remon
12-30-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't flirt with girls.Girls flirt with me.:bigsmile:
So i guess maybe they don't notice or maybe i'm looking good that way too.

LoveArya
12-30-2006, 07:09 PM
lol

The Anarchy Angel
12-30-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't go out when I don't feel good about myself, it makes me get either incredibly upset or mad, that or my ex-boyfriend shows up! :roll: It can't get worse on days like that. I'm having a day like that today, come to think of it, it's raining, blowing a gale and I'm playing FFIX, that and I can't remember when I last showered *groan*

~*~Celes~*~
12-30-2006, 07:16 PM

Well that explains a few things....:eyebrow: :screwy:

Moon Rabbits
12-30-2006, 07:27 PM

I do that sometimes. Lounge days are fun :jess:

Except for today. Because I WANT to go out, damnit!

Renmiri
12-30-2006, 07:33 PM

:p Indeed it does! :p

LoveArya
12-30-2006, 07:36 PM

lmao

Shauna
12-30-2006, 08:02 PM
I just don't flirt. :D

Rye
12-30-2006, 08:02 PM

Nobody has seen Jess IRL for six years :jess:

I'm gon' smack you upside the head, Hux you! :irked:

<3

Vincent, Thunder God
12-30-2006, 08:06 PM
I always try to look good in social settings, so that isn't a problem. I don't tend to flirt a lot though, and if I do it's usually subtle. I really only try to flirt with a girl I'd be interested in dating; I don't want to confuse anyone who might think I'm serious.

Pike
12-30-2006, 09:41 PM
I always try to look good in social settings, so that isn't a problem. I don't tend to flirt a lot though, and if I do it's usually subtle. I really only try to flirt with a girl I'd be interested in dating; I don't want to confuse anyone who might think I'm serious.

Same for me but replace "girl" with "guy". (Now that I'm taken though, I really don't flirt at all... except maybe subconsciously XD And even then I never flirted much to begin with.)

Xander
12-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Most of the time lately, I feel pretty rough so... yeah. *sticks to flirting online* :p

Oh and this is even after I shower and wash my hair everyday and stuff. Maybe it's the Winter weather. -_-

Araciel
12-30-2006, 10:16 PM
i just don't flirt....or if i do i don't notice

flirting is bad for me

Roto13
12-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Just once. I'm a very clean and hygenic person, so it has to be a really unique situation for me to be too yucky to flirt with someone. The one time in question I was dressed as a viking and I'd been awake for 36 hours and I'd been standing in a bog all day. I smelled like a valkyrie on the rag.

Peter_20
12-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Whenever I feel good about myself I want everyone to notice me, but if I don't feel good about myself I virtually beg everyone to get out of my sight. :p

GOOD:
*huhuhu, I'm the hotness, look at me, stupid :D*

BAD:
*just get the hell outta here already, I don't wanna be seen by nobody :mad2:*

Luara
12-30-2006, 10:41 PM
i just don't flirt....or if i do i don't notice

flirting is bad for me

Madame Adequate
12-30-2006, 10:43 PM
I do not flirt with people offline.

Dr Aum
12-30-2006, 10:50 PM

Same here. Today is a PJ day. :bigsmile:

The only thing I worry about much is shaving. My facial hair grows pretty rapidly (:() and I get paranoid about having a 5 o'clock shadow. Plus, shaving gives me small rashes on my neck for some reason. Anyone had a similar problem? ._.

Drift
12-30-2006, 10:50 PM
i flirt? wtf?

DarkHeat787
12-31-2006, 12:49 AM
I don't flirt because people don't flirt back.

^_^

Nominus Experse
12-31-2006, 02:19 AM
I don't flirt. My actions are more direct and bearing an edge.

I do feel as though I am much more arresting when "made-up", however, and as such, usually make a point to look good prior to seeing my girlfriend.

Although, there are select days when it seems better to simply lay in your pajamas all day and lounge about.

Jojee
12-31-2006, 04:14 AM
Uh, yeah... I really don't know how to flirt also o_O; Like when I do it it's usually as a joke and it comes out as outlandish and funny~ I hit on people all the time like that. xD But I wouldn't know how to <i>actually</i> flirt if I were serious about it... from past experiences around guys I liked, I acutally ended up flirting with everyone around them as a joke except for them .__.~

McLovin'
12-31-2006, 04:39 AM
I sit and watch. Then I say something when I can.

41-Inches-Wide
12-31-2006, 05:17 AM
I guess I don't flirt in the first place. Whether I feel pretty or otherwise, the thought of me parading around men and making some cute-cute comments and ostentatious gestures to be noticed is craptastically an awkward picture.

kikimm
12-31-2006, 05:41 AM
LoveArya - please don't make any more posts consisting of a quote, with you responding "lol" to it. It's spam. :D So yeah.

And yeah when I feel yucky I refuse to leave the house. I also make myself look even wore, for some reason.

Christmas
12-31-2006, 07:46 AM

It shown that NANNY MANUS is infested with DIRTY diseases. :(

Reles
12-31-2006, 09:22 AM
I shower daily, sometimes. Even if I don't I usually smell fantastic. Though I'm not too worried about my appearance. I usually leave the house with my hair uncombed and wet from my shower. Sometimes I'll even go out in pajamas. None of this would prevent me from flirting though, even if that rarely occurs.

Old Manus
12-31-2006, 01:55 PM

It shown that NANNY MANUS is infested with DIRTY diseases. :(I told you I should have worn protection that night but you weren't having any of it!

Zeldy
12-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Ive never flirted anyway. Its just not in my personality, Im too shy xD
Id be extremely paranoid, and be scared of what they are thinking.

The Unknown Guru
01-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Not very often. I usually avoid flirting because I'm painfully shy, not because I'm dirty.

final fantasy is stinky
01-01-2007, 07:39 AM
I like cake!?! :love: :shoot:

Alive-Cat
01-01-2007, 10:59 AM
I am obsessive compulsive about being clean, so there are very few situations that I avoid flirting with people because of feeling unclean.
Although sometimes I do refuse to go on webcam because my hair isn't done.

Renmiri
01-01-2007, 06:16 PM
After 10 years of marriage and 3 kids he saw me just about any embarassing way possible. Childbirth is not pretty!

So cleaning up, getting pretty for him and vice-versa is a big turn on :D

Chloe.
01-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't flirt. :bigsmile: Well....I don't think I do. :p

Agrias
01-01-2007, 07:29 PM
normally i dont like to flirt because then guys not only get the wrong message but then they could get the wrong impression of me..i have mostly guys as friends and i try not to flirt with them...cause ew..they're my buddies...but its harder to not flirt with the hotter ones.......:mad:

if i do flirt with someone i have to make sure i look semi-good at least..cause first impressions are everything. It also depends on my mood. if i feel confident that day, then i dont really care how i look, but if i dont feel as confident then chances are i wont.

NorthernChaosGod
01-06-2007, 08:34 AM
No, I always look good. :cool:

But flirting isn't about looks anyway. It's about personality and wit.

I've gotten dates when I was at the store on my way home from the gym.

Quindiana Jones
01-06-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't flirt with people if I have just done something tiring that made me go all sweaty and bleurgh. Other than that, I'm a feckin' flirt maniac.

Renmiri
01-06-2007, 03:38 PM
I told you I should have worn protection that night but you weren't having any of it!

:eek: eeek! Mold is contagious! :eek:

j/k

But you have a point... Clean is not always better. When I was on the volleyball league we loved to flirt with the guys from the male team, even being sweaty and filthy. They were too! :p

Quindiana Jones
01-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Moldy Penis lol.

Martyr
01-06-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm unlucky enough that whenever I don't look to good, that's the only time the woman of my dreams comes into my life.

So I usually only make sure I look like crap whenever I feel like flirting.

Okay, that's not true. But I have had a couple bad runs, and I try to look decent all the time just in case I meet somebody who needs me to flirt with her.

Last time it happened I had, only minutes before, accidentally been shat on by a cow, and I was wearing a cap for 2 days straight because I was on the road and had no comb or soap or shower of any kind...

Renmiri
01-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Wow! If the girl still flirted with you after THAT you must look better than Brad Pitt or have the best pickup line ever invented! ;)

Chemical
01-07-2007, 09:10 AM
I don't do that much flirting;
And not because I feel unclean but rather because it feels like unnecessary bullmoo. Too much hassle - Just cut to the chase.

NorthernChaosGod
01-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Wow! If the girl still flirted with you after THAT you must look better than Brad Pitt or have the best pickup line ever invented! ;)
Ahem.

But flirting isn't about looks anyway. It's about personality and wit.

Quindiana Jones
01-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Isn't all about looks.

Renmiri
01-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I know, I was kidding. Read Martyr's spoiler and you will understand.

Jess
01-07-2007, 04:47 PM
My boyfriend sees me frequently first thing in the morning in my worst possible state, and he doesn't mind. I don't leave the house if I feel really horrible, though! :jess: