PDA

View Full Version : online wii

ffxatticus
12-30-2006, 06:47 PM
anyone know how the online games of wii and the multiplayer compares to 360 and ps3. I'm looking at getting a wii or a 360 and I'm really into online play. I'm leaning towards the wii because the price, so if the online play isnt too bad I think I'm gonna get it.

Elite Lord Sigma
12-30-2006, 06:59 PM
There are no online games yet. The first will be Pokémon Battle Revolution and Battalion Wars 2.

ffxatticus
12-30-2006, 07:03 PM
you mean madden and such hasnt gone online yet?

Elite Lord Sigma
12-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Nope.

ffxatticus
12-30-2006, 07:26 PM
oh shix...I didn't know that they hadnt launched that stuff yet. hmm well does anybody have any opinions on wii vs. 360 otherwise?

Shoeberto
12-30-2006, 07:35 PM
360 has a good library of established online titles whereas, to the best of my knowledge, the only thing that the PS3 has that's particularly good online is Resistance: Fall of Man.

JaytodaP
12-30-2006, 07:52 PM
If you're looking for good online games, 360 is your answer. You got call of duty, gears of war, madden 07, phantasy star universe and a few others i havent got around playing yet. Wii is really cool though and you can surf the internet, luckily i have both.

ffxatticus
12-30-2006, 09:11 PM
will call of duty and madden go online for wii? is it worth the extra 150 + online fees? I havent played gears of war yet, but I hear its insane.

JaytodaP
12-30-2006, 11:56 PM
We dont know whether or not they will go online yet. They might or they might not. But xbox live is only 5 USD a month plus a 20 dollar headset. And, gears of war is a blast online.

The Shoeless Hobo
12-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Xbox Live is where it's at. The games I prefer to play online and you may like playing online are Call of Duty 2/3, Saints Row, GRAW, NFS: Carbon Tony Hawks 8 and virtually any sports game.

Oh, and Gears of War online is so so so good, And with many other great online multiplayer games to come, you have to get a 360 (IMO).

ffxatticus
12-31-2006, 08:00 PM
I think if I can find an extra 200 bucks, then I'm going with the xbox. I just played gears of war on my cousins 360 and it was ridiculous. The only thing I didn't like was madden 07, I'm use to the ps2 controls and the 360 changed the controls up and I didn't like it.

JKTrix
12-31-2006, 10:01 PM
360 is by far the best when it comes to online games. But from the sounds of it, you don't have online stuff yet. Also Xbox Live is $50 a year, while the PS3's and Wiis will be free.

Elebits has an element of online, and so does Dragon Ball Z to a much smaller extent.

In Elebits, you can create your own stages and send it to people in your address book.

In DBZ you can create a customized character, and get a password for them to send to whoever you like (in your address book or through a computer chat or whatever)

Online real-time multiplayer, Nintendo may be holding out for Pokemon, but they might let some sports games go first. There isn't a release date yet for Pokemon Wii, but the DS game doesn't come out 'till April. That's a long time to be waiting, I'm sure there will be something else before Pokemon to go online. I hear there's some baseball game with 'Big' in the title, that might be it.