PDA

View Full Version : Um, tips please

No.78
12-30-2006, 08:08 PM
This game is feckin harrrd. And I'm playing on normal.

Sometimes not even jumping around and dodging is enough to stop yourself getting shot at while you attempt to aim. I dunno, it just seems a bit too difficult, any tips?

Mo-Nercy
01-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Are you experiencing the same frustration I felt when I first picked up the game? That is...

wtf, right analog stick? I've never had to use this thing in my life *dies*
If so, I can only advise you to keep at it. Fiddle around with the right until the pink crosshair appears. From there the game practically aims for you, so just spam X. Pretty soon you'll be shooting like a pro.

If you're just getting hit a whole lot, then I advise you to slow down a bit. Don't rush into a battlefield guns-a-blazin'. Take some cover behind some boxes or a corner and take your time.

G3ORGE
01-01-2007, 02:23 PM
turn up the senitivity worked for me :D or shoot them befor they get you :P

DK
01-02-2007, 01:41 AM
I can't say I experienced any problems with the controls, and have you never played an FPS on PS2 before, Mo? D: Jesus.

Anyway sometimes you do get shot at while aiming, but overall I didn't have many problems. I spent a lot of time crawling around with my sniper rifle out taking people out from a distance and then switching to pistol when they ran at me, until later on in the game when I and my guns were powered up enough to just stick with the pistol for the most part (but used Rifle when it was more beneficial to snipe)

Mo-Nercy
01-03-2007, 09:06 AM
I can't say I experienced any problems with the controls, and have you never played an FPS on PS2 before, Mo? D: Jesus.
I have Killzone but I've never played it. :(

I have to admit that I was very bad at DoC through my first playthrough. I'm uber now though =], I don't even need to change weapons, Cerberus customised down the power route with a long barrel takes down just about everything.

Ichimonji
01-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Also, test out the Normal and Inverted camera options for both your rotational view and your gunpoint. Use whichever one is easier.

zeilov_khaschante
01-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Practice hard, boys :) Try and try again (when you try and try again, do not panic, if you are in panic, it is hard for you to figure out the action and also the controll), so don't get any frustation just keep in mind that this is just a game, and it is very good to gameover. I am very enjoy this fun factor of the game including when Vincent being swapped by Rosso The Crimson (weird, isn't it?). Use the phoenix Down is not a bad idea if you hate gameover so much.