PDA

View Full Version : Worst game ever!!!

Firenjar
12-30-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm sorry but i felt that this was not only the worst Final Fantasy game but the worst game possible!!!!!I bought a gamecube just for that game and was deeply disapointed

LunarWeaver
12-30-2006, 11:11 PM
It could be worse...You could have bought a N64 just for Superman 64.

CC (I hear) is fun with other people at least. I didn't like it either, but this is very, very far from the worst game possible. I'd clock it in at the 7.5/10 range, a far cry from 1/10.

Zeromus_X
12-30-2006, 11:25 PM
Did you play it with other people, or just single player? The true fun in the game comes with multiplayer.

Also, buy Tales of Symphonia plz.

Roto13
12-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Even alone, and even if you don't like the gameplay, the bitchin' atmosphere and music and purdy graphics make it a far cry from worst game ever. :P

I can see why people might not like this game (though I do), but I think you... might be exaggerating a touch. :P

Sephex
12-31-2006, 05:41 PM
You obviously haven't played the following games:

Shaq-Fu, Super Man 64, E.T., Custers Revenge...

I am going to stop because I depressed myself thinking about a ghostly General Custad raping indians (yes, that's what the game is seriously about).

Roto13
12-31-2006, 06:46 PM
I've actually played all of those games.

LunarWeaver
12-31-2006, 06:53 PM
I liked Shaq Fu when I was younger, and it was not until much later that I felt dirty and horrible for it.

Necronopticous
12-31-2006, 07:04 PM
Crystal Chronicles is not meant to be played by yourself. Unfortunately that's the major problem with the game.

It's very hard to get together 3-4 friends who:
Want to, and are able to get together for 30 hours to play through a Final Fantasy game
Live close enough to each other to actually make it happen
Have a GameCube
Have a copy of Crystal Chronicles
Have a Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Advance SP (each)
Have GBA/GC connection cords for each Game Boy Advance
Will actually stick to it
If you're one of the lucky ones that can actually pull together a few friends that are into the idea as much as you the game becomes fantastic. There is a unique and awesome sense of teamwork that I have never felt in any other multiplayer game.

In short, the game is great but it's a sort of failed concept. I'm sure in Japan it would be a bit easier and more practical to have a game where friends get together at a common location to play it on a regular basis, but that idea is kind of flawed for most people in the states it seems. It's really a shame, because so many gamers are really missing out on such a great experience.

oddler
01-03-2007, 02:58 AM
Sure, I thought it was sort of repetitive. Uh... Yeah, that's it. That's the only thing I didn't like.

It is not even close to being the worst game ever. I recently had my copy returned to me so, in a vain attempt to spite you, I think I'll play the "worst game ever" when I get home.

Side note: I longed to play this game with someone else. I agree with Necronopticous about how it was sort of flawed when it came to playing with other people. The Gamecube was set up for Internet capabilities. Why couldn't they have made the game similar to PSO to allow online play? Just a thought. :(

Pool
01-03-2007, 07:55 AM
If this is the worst game you've ever played, I envy you. Thanks mom and dad. Superman 64 was a great gift! Emancipation, I say!

NeoCracker
01-04-2007, 04:02 PM
You, obiously, have never played FF VIII.

tidus_rox
01-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Custers Revenge...

Oh man... Fu-ney

Ba-dum-ching!

thegirth
01-25-2007, 01:11 AM

i believe you are thinking of FF IX

Roto13
01-25-2007, 02:59 AM
VIII is awesome, IX is awesome, Crystal Chronicles isn't horrible.

Firenjar
01-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Did you play it with other people, or just single player? The true fun in the game comes with multiplayer.

i played it both 4 players and one player and hated it
i didnt like that you had to make your own character either

ljkkjlcm9
01-26-2007, 01:56 PM
you didn't like that there was actual character customization to some extent? That's kinda weird. Lot's of people thought that was one of the better qualities of the game, being able to choose different races.

It's a good game, and I'm looking forward to the sequels, especially with online play.

THE JACKEL

Seifer the Knight
01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry but i felt that this was not only the worst Final Fantasy game but the worst game possible!!!!!I bought a gamecube just for that game and was deeply disapointed
Multiplayer was alright, especially 4-player.
When you're playing on your own it sucks, badly. Guess I agree with you on some extent. =D

Aqua Mage
02-02-2007, 10:23 AM

:eek: Tempted. To. Kick.

Vivisteiner
02-04-2007, 03:55 PM
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/919220.asp

Are you sure?

Oh, and FFVIII & IX are both amazing. - Of course, FFIX is better.

GenjiSlash
02-10-2007, 02:38 AM
I dont really have anything to say about Crystal Chronicles cuz I did own it at one time(for about a month) and I thought it was alrite but of course it was multiplayer so u have to have more than one player to get the full fun out of the game. But to the idiots above that are talking down on VIII and IX, u guys are morons and wouldnt know a good FF if it hit u in the face! VIII and IX are both awesome games! Ur probably one of those people that didnt like the game because you couldnt beat it or sumthin...get over it! Final Fantasy has come a long way and though CC did take a plunge for the FF series, that didnt take away any replay value for any of the FFs. Im 22 years old and I still play all of em(even mystic quest). Just call me the FF Guru...lol:)

Psychotic
02-10-2007, 03:54 AM
Alright, GenjiSlash, let's not call people morons again. If you want to criticise their opinions, that's absolutely fine, but just don't criticise the people behind their opinions. Thank you!

Remedy
02-10-2007, 12:22 PM
OK, the Game looks Cute with customizing characters, it suits me.
I've payed the 1st hour - then I choose to play other games like Tales of symphonia.
but sometimes I say someday I will play this game again.

tempestkitsune
02-10-2007, 08:12 PM
i belive FF tactics advanced was the one of the worst games ive played, Fire Emblem was WAY better, FF tactics Advance just didn't catch my attension, the FF tactics advance and Children of mana Tie for the top 4 worst games ive played.

Firenjar
02-13-2007, 09:33 PM
you didn't like that there was actual character customization to some extent? That's kinda weird. Lot's of people thought that was one of the better qualities of the game, being able to choose different races.

i hated that

cause then you know straight away the characters don't even have a back story

Markus. D
02-15-2007, 02:53 AM

i hated that

cause then you know straight away the characters don't even have a back story

well actually they do... they come from a family.

Firenjar
02-16-2007, 11:14 PM
yeah but its not like say for example Yunas backstory of her father dying when she was ten which got her to want to be a summoner and the characters wont really have a story between them like a love story or a hatred ect.

ljkkjlcm9
02-17-2007, 12:34 AM
yeah but its not like say for example Yunas backstory of her father dying when she was ten which got her to want to be a summoner and the characters wont really have a story between them like a love story or a hatred ect.

so... you want a story that is given to you rather than making your own

THE JACKEL

Firenjar
02-17-2007, 10:13 AM
yes because i find it stupid like that but obviously nobody agrees with me

Sunny Day Suicide
02-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Right on brother. I hated this game

~Cloud Strife~
02-18-2007, 07:30 PM
This game was ok but I never had a chance to play multiplayer, theres only a few people that I know around my area that actually likes RPG games. Playing on my own was cool the only problem was the character looks, they looked weird ^^

I have tales of symphonia, pretty good game, the battles are cool.

Out of FF8 and FF9, FF8 is better in my opinion but FF9 has a better card game but FF8 has a better use with the cards (card mod owns)

KasaiDraco
02-20-2007, 02:08 PM
No, Big Rigs:Over the Top Racing is the worst game ever!

LoKuS
02-20-2007, 04:29 PM
It's a great multiplayer game

Lynx
02-23-2007, 05:23 AM
il admit this game was pretty bad story wise. mainly because it didnt have a real story. i did howver thought the battle system wasnt all that bad. kinda fun coudl ahve been bettter. definatly a FF that was put together with out even trying. i think they just wanted to put out an FF that could be played with the gamecube and gameboy advanced.

ReloadPsi
02-24-2007, 01:44 AM
Man, people push for a more action oriented FF game and this is how they react. So ungrateful.

Okay, so we got FFXII but the combat in that is still way more menu based than this.

KentaRawr!
11-30-2007, 06:14 AM
The fact is that the basics of the game are entirely different from other Final Fantasy games. You're right that it shouldn't have the Final Fantasy name there, because it doesn't follow the mold presented in other titles, story wise OR gameplay wise. That doesn't make it bad, it just makes it different, and the name advertises an entirely different kind of game.

Sup3rman
12-17-2007, 11:44 PM
more like the best game ever...multiplayer iz extremely fun :mad:

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-26-2008, 06:58 PM
i agree this game was a disapointment! when u have no one else to play with! :(

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Please don't revive seven-month-old threads.