PDA

View Full Version : Wings to Discovery

Raytien
12-31-2006, 12:26 AM
Help a brother out, currently taking a break away from FFXI to complete a perfect file for FFX, and i have run into a crunch trying to obtain 'Wings to Discover', the item used to customize an armor with the Break HP limit ability. I have only found 3 mobs that have it 2 of which require an absured amount of gil to be bribed with for the result of only four or eight of the item recieved. and the 3rd mob that has it is Shinryu in the monster arena which awards 2 for every win against him costing 15,000g a pop to fight.
There has to be a more cost effective and less time consuming way to get these. Keeping in mind that i am trying to construct godly armor for the entire crew not just one or 2 people.

KasaiDraco
12-31-2006, 12:55 AM
No, I don't think so. A fast way to get gil is in the omega ruins, get in a fight with the lizard and the chest. steal, not mug from the chest and if you're lucky, you'll get the mimic. if you have a weapon with gillionaire, get that person in the party to fight it. you can get 100,000 with gillionair or 50,000 without gillionaire. use it to bribe malabro for 450000 gill.

Mjazi
12-31-2006, 01:28 AM
You can always open 3 chests at the chocobo race under Remiem temple and you get 30x Wing to Discovery. Getting loads of gil is very easy, just have the gillionaire on and fight alot in Omega Ruins and every time you fight the lizard and the chest steal from the chest and either you get a mega potion or something like that or you get 100,000 gil. That is if you kill the Mimic.

Tavrobel
12-31-2006, 01:41 AM
use it to bribe malabro for 450000 gill.
Good technique, wrong numbers. Even for the PAL/Int. versions (aka, the suck versions).

Recommended techniques:
Marlboro: 540k bribe for anywhere from 3-5, 4 normal (NTSC)
Greater Marlboro: 1.28 million bribe from 6-10, 7/8 normal (NTSC)
Shinryu: one for kill, two for overkill, 75%-87.5% of getting it (all versions)
Race at Remiem Temple for thirty, only works once as a prize (all versions)

Not so recommended:
Action Replay: 100% chance if you know what you are doing
Gameshark: 100% chance if code is known

Long answer to maker: No, there isn't an easier way, just keep fighting Shinryu, and level up if you deem it too hard

Short answer to maker: No, there isn't an easier way, fight Mimics for money, or otherwise, easier Creations and sell the equipment/loot

KasaiDraco
12-31-2006, 01:55 AM
I actually I got the Wings to Discovery for 450,000 in the NA version.

Mjazi
12-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Also another way to get money is when your inventory is full, sell all the equipment you don't need and you will get alot of money.

PuPu
12-31-2006, 01:55 PM
If you don't feel like doing all that other stuff to get Wings to Discovery, you could try defeating Nemesis. Sometimes he drops armor with Break HP Limit.

Tavrobel
12-31-2006, 05:34 PM
If you don't feel like doing all that other stuff to get Wings to Discovery, you could try defeating Nemesis. Sometimes he drops armor with Break HP Limit.

Which sells for an AMAZING amount of 187 Gil.

Ohh, and you didn't get WtD with 450k in the NTSC. You need 20x HP just for a successful Bribe drop.

Psychotic
12-31-2006, 08:49 PM

Which sells for an AMAZING amount of 187 Gil.I don't think that really matters, because it seems Raytien only wants the Wings to Discovery for the Break HP Limit ability anyway.

Tavrobel
12-31-2006, 09:25 PM
The BHPL equipments that Nemesis drops can only come with two free slots as well, amounting to three total slots. There's no way to get four slots.

Shin Gouken
01-01-2007, 02:51 AM
Defeating shinryu was my method of choice... i was fighting lots of battles in the MA because i was hoarding dark matters to get Ribbon for everyone... shinryu was good to defeat because when i didn't get a dark matter at least i got something else i was looking for. With an overkill you get 2 wings to discovery, 15 battles and your there... 15 battles is nothing when you have to fight a A HUNDRED THOUSAND BATTLES to get enogh dark matters for everyone

Raytien
01-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Indeed it is the WtD that I am after in order to turn blank tetra armors into the best gear I can make. And, I believe the way to go is Shinryu fights given the other options my bribe gil prolly better used in other places.

Although the mimic trick for gil is something I have adapted to because of yalls advice.

A little follow up question and I know this is no more than a shot in the dark but 4 slot tetra armor with no privious additions like the hp 10% like you get from Rin. Any advice on where to search for these?

Defeating shinryu was my method of choice... i was fighting lots of battles in the MA because i was hoarding dark matters to get Ribbon for everyone...

Ribbon? I understand dark matter is used for break damage limit on weapons for this why not simply use the legendary weapons?

Hambone
01-01-2007, 07:07 AM
I usually just kill mimics and bribe great marlboros with that, or fight Nemesis.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-01-2007, 10:42 AM
are u playing the NTSC or PAL version? if it's PAL then all the dark aeon's have a chance of dropping armour with 4 slots, BHPL and ribbon, although very rare. use dark yojim,bo for this as u can keep useless armour to sell then fight him again.

If it's NTSC ur playing, i recommend fighting shinryu for them and then selling equipment u get from him for gil to bribe malboros.

ScottNUMBERS
01-01-2007, 03:21 PM
The BHPL equipments that Nemesis drops can only come with two free slots as well, amounting to three total slots. There's no way to get four slots.
Nemesis definately drops BHPL Armour with three free slots on the PAL version. I haven't seen him not drop that Armour, in fact.

A little follow up question and I know this is no more than a shot in the dark but 4 slot tetra armor with no privious additions like the hp 10% like you get from Rin. Any advice on where to search for these?
In Macalania woods I believe, from a Merchant (O'aka's Brother maybe?) for 25,000G a piece. He's either at the end of or that start of the Woods, Curse my infrequent FFX playage.

KasaiDraco
01-01-2007, 04:47 PM
The tetra armor and weapons cost 100,000 gil.

Tavrobel
01-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Nemesis definately drops BHPL Armour with three free slots on the PAL version. I haven't seen him not drop that Armour, in fact.

It will not drop it in the NTSC. After one hundred twenty drops, I have never seen it.

Another reason why European versions suck.

Raytien
01-01-2007, 06:30 PM
In Macalania woods I believe, from a Merchant (O'aka's Brother maybe?) for 25,000G a piece. He's either at the end of or that start of the Woods, Curse my infrequent FFX playage.

Unfortunately O'aka disappears from that area after the fall of Bevelle... as far as I know tho I have specifically checked since reading the post, I dont remember seeing him there in all the runs back to unlock all the legendary weapons. The last place i saw O'aka's brother was on the faith covered path on the way up to Zanarkand I havent been back there since I got the airship so maybe I'll try there.

Tavrobel
01-01-2007, 09:47 PM

Unfortunately O'aka disappears from that area after the fall of Bevelle... as far as I know tho I have specifically checked since reading the post, I dont remember seeing him there in all the runs back to unlock all the legendary weapons. The last place i saw O'aka's brother was on the faith covered path on the way up to Zanarkand I havent been back there since I got the airship so maybe I'll try there.

He's thrown in jail for assisting Yuna, as was discovered (hopefully) at My. Gagazet. After a point, you can go to Luca, and talk to him after he has been released. His brother, Wantz will take over the trade, first at Gagazet, and after you get the airship and encounter O'aka in Luca, Wantz will move his shop to the Macalania Forst, Thunder Plains entrance.

Depending on how much money you gave him over the course of the game, his prices of the Tetra equipment will range from 100k to 50k (don't quote me on that one, though, I haven't played FFX since last year), sell prices changed in proper proportions, NTSC. I don't know the PAL prices, even if they have been adjusted at all.

Shin Gouken
01-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Ribbon? I understand dark matter is used for break damage limit on weapons for this why not simply use the legendary weapons?

Dark matters used on an armour will give that armour the Ribbon ability which prevents all status attacks exept Death and Curse. You need 99 Dark matters just to equip Ribbon for ONE character! I wanted it for everyone... thus my ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND battles it took :eep:

Goldenboko
01-04-2007, 11:46 PM

Dark matters used on an armour will give that armour the Ribbon ability which prevents all status attacks exept Death and Curse. You need 99 Dark matters just to equip Ribbon for ONE character! I wanted it for everyone... thus my ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND battles it took :eep:

It should be added that this is only in the international verison.