PDA

View Full Version : Well worth your money indeed

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-31-2006, 01:38 PM
So back in the days of 2000 where it was once cool to play F1 2000, I was strolling around in a qualifying session having started my inlap on the Hungaroring circuit. Carelessly or consciously I don't remember which, I let my Jaguar hit the left side barrier on the start/finish straight going into the first turn. Having lost control whilst travelling flat-out at racing speed, my car veered off into the gravel traps and hit a ramp inches away from the grandstand. Then came something I have only experienced once at the circuit concerned. My car was launched atleast 30 feet up into the air before plummeting straight back down which would surely have ruined the driver's career had it been in real time. Fascinated by what I just witnessed I didn't need any more motivation to begin viewing the replay and had I been able to save the motion clip, this would have been heading straight into the archives.

Some time later I was once again driving recklessly in my Jordan round the Magny-Cours circuit. Having seized on an opportunity to force someone off course I purposefully clipped the rear wing of the car infront of me expecting nothing but shades of colour to flash straight past me as the driver lost his back end. What actually happened was another one-off, possibly something I deserved for my devious tactics and a situation that I have yet to repeat. My car decided he suddenly wanted to bend the rules of physics and instantly hit reverse at full speed in the other direction. Like before I hit the view replay button and called my sister down to witness the spectacle.

I have other stories concerning the game's abnormalities that you might find interesting but I'd also like to hear of some of yours. So describe some of the weirdest game glitches and system flaws you have experienced in your years of gaming. Thank you.

Slothy
12-31-2006, 02:01 PM
The only one that comes to mind right now (and which is easily repeatable) is the ability to get the Suzuki Escudo in Gran Turismo 3 up over 1,000 km/h. Apparently it can be done with a couple of other cars too. It's really wierd, but a heck of a lot of fun to do.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-31-2006, 02:07 PM
That doesn't sound like a glitch

Slothy
12-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Yes it is, just one that can be repeated. Think about it; no car should be able to go that fast using anything resembling realistic physics (ie: in a real driving simulator). We're talking about getting a car well past the speed of sound here; it just shouldn't happen without a big honkin' rocket strapped to the back. Maybe not a glitch in the sense of a random bug in the game that happens once and you never see again, but definitely a bit of a mistake with the game engine itself that slipped through the testing cracks.

DK
12-31-2006, 02:57 PM
I posted about this in a thread a while back, but here we go again:

I had just got the PS2 FPS game Black and was running through it, and on one level you come to a part where you have to cross over a bridge which is crawling with enemies, as you'd expect. So anyway I run down and am doing my usual lob grenades all over the place and then shoot the buggers as they run away tactic, and this Truck near to one of the enemies blew up and sent him flying through the air, but then instead of landing on the floor, he just stopped halfway through. I got a bad picture of it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/pic007.jpg

I had to clear out the rest of the enemies before I could get this shot of him, it was like something out of the Matrix :D