PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS wifi questions

ValiantKnight
12-31-2006, 05:02 PM
Well, I read the manual a time or two, and still not sure about one thing.... possibly two.

First and most important of all, is the wi-fi feature of the DS.
I know from reading a bit in other posts, that it is needed for final weapons/equipment in FFIII, but that is not the major concern.
My mom frequently visits the hospital for 4hrs-2 days for various things because she gets sick alot, and they still can't figure out whats causing it.

So, being hospitals don't allow wi-fi/cell phones in some areas, I wanted to know if there is a way to turn wifi off on the DS... because I've looked and can't seem to find it.
Does the DS just stay in regular mode until you make it wi-fi via a menu? Or will it turn on its Wi-Fi automatically(what I'm afraid of)

and a distant second.... the screen is quite small... much smaller than I ever thought.. the whole unit is for that matter....
Don't suppose there is a way to hook it up to a TV via cord to ease my neck? :)

Endless
12-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Well, I read the manual a time or two, and still not sure about one thing.... possibly two.

First and most important of all, is the wi-fi feature of the DS.
I know from reading a bit in other posts, that it is needed for final weapons/equipment in FFIII, but that is not the major concern.
My mom frequently visits the hospital for 4hrs-2 days for various things because she gets sick alot, and they still can't figure out whats causing it.

So, being hospitals don't allow wi-fi/cell phones in some areas, I wanted to know if there is a way to turn wifi off on the DS... because I've looked and can't seem to find it.
Does the DS just stay in regular mode until you make it wi-fi via a menu? Or will it turn on its Wi-Fi automatically(what I'm afraid of)

It stays off until you use a function that requires it. Example in Mario Kart, it only turns on if you choose to multiplayer or to play online.

and a distant second.... the screen is quite small... much smaller than I ever thought.. the whole unit is for that matter....
Don't suppose there is a way to hook it up to a TV via cord to ease my neck? :)

Not without dismantling the DS.

ValiantKnight
12-31-2006, 10:31 PM
alright thanks...

Will just have to find a way to play so it don't hurt my neck after 4+ hours

Roto13
12-31-2006, 10:58 PM
I've never had a problem with the size of the DS screen. Why would your neck hurt? :P It's not like you have to lean in to see it or anything.

ValiantKnight
01-01-2007, 12:58 AM
Well the first night I got it, I read all the manuals, and turned on the DS to make sure it worked.. i popped FFIII into it and played for a few minutes, then turned it off, cause my neck was hurting.. not sure if it was a relation.

But I am a tall guy with big hands, so it does seem small.

It could have been the stress of the day, and other things I guess.
Just hope it won't be a problem playing it in the future. I'll probably start it as soon as I finish FFXII

Roto13
01-01-2007, 07:05 PM
If you're bending over to see it, hold it up more instead.